Radio airplay

Who heard Medellin already on radio? Here in Germany on the biggest radio station it is not yet played.

I don't get it. Is there an official radio release date for Medellin or do radio stations not pick up ? 

In Denmark the song was released to radios right after it had premiered on Beats 1, but airplay for "Medellín" had been minimal so far. Denmark's biggest radio station - DR P4, whose target demographic is people aged 30+ (the Danish equivalent to BBC's Radio 2) - has played it just once.

6 minutes ago, Musicinferno said:

I still believe it´s intended. Zero airplay in the States. Next to zero in Germany. The biggest bavarian station, Bayern 3, didn´t play it last week at all, and they are not ageist usually.

I know what you mean but intended until when....doomsday. 

The videos out now performances are coming up surly the press play time is now...

10 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I know what you mean but intended until when....doomsday. 

The videos out now performances are coming up surly the press play time is now...

Yes it´s strange somehow it should start now...

I just can´t believe they would ignore her like this.. feels unreal.. and unjustified because it´s such a great track

1 hour ago, Jim34 said:

Who heard Medellin already on radio? Here in Germany on the biggest radio station it is not yet played.

I don't get it. Is there an official radio release date for Medellin or do radio stations not pick up ? 

heard it at the release day on WDR 2.

And today they played the song for the first time after the 22th April - two times (12:26 pm and 11:39 am).

Maybe its new in the Playlist?

Request Medellin on the radio, local and international stations, that will help. If I am not mistaken, there used to be a full list with links of international radio stations to request songs. 

26 minutes ago, simone.zedda said:

In Italy I ear  Medellin in radio but I think that this version is too long (near 5 minutes) so I hope that a radio edit is planned to realize, because I think is impossibile that in USA receive zero AirPlay 

The version sent to radios - the radio edit - is 4 minutes long. It's a promo-only release, so it won't be released commercially.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
10 hours ago, Musicinferno said:

maybe they want a totally slow rollout, not force it unto people

I believe this is the intention.  Slowly put it into everyone's reach and then hopefully people demand for the song and hopefully radio, etc, will be begging to play it. 

Has anyone here on the forum organized any sort of way for us to push to get Medellin on the radio?

I have been actively texting three big radio stations in NYC.   Maybe if everyone in various areas of the US can give us the station call letters and text numbers, we can keep requesting them to add "Medellin".

95.5 WPLJ - 95955

103.5 WKTU - 69935

Z100 - 55100

13 hours ago, CellarDweller said:

Has anyone here on the forum organized any sort of way for us to push to get Medellin on the radio?

I have been actively texting three big radio stations in NYC.   Maybe if everyone in various areas of the US can give us the station call letters and text numbers, we can keep requesting them to add "Medellin".

95.5 WPLJ - 95955

103.5 WKTU - 69935

Z100 - 55100

Bravo! 

On 4/28/2019 at 5:17 AM, Crystal Coffin said:

Fuck the radios. 

Wa are getting ARTS from Madonna. :drama:

This is exactly how I feel. I care 0% about sales/airplay. We’re getting a 14th studio album full of passion, meaning, and experimentation. God, we’re spoiled to have Madonna still doing this at 60.

Just now, Shaun said:

This is exactly how I feel. I care 0% about sales/airplay. We’re getting a 14th studio album full of passion, meaning, and experimentation. God, we’re spoiled to have Madonna still doing this at 60.

I still want the ALBUM to sell well, and the videos to be viewed as many times as possible. However US radios especially can fuck off. Of course I would still hope for and be happy if the singles reach top 20 in Hungary or Israel. :yes:

I heard Medellin on the radio today.

Heard for the very first time!😂

It sounded really good and the students ( I work for a University) didn't have a clue who it was?!?

When I told them it was Madonna, they all looked stunned as they thought it was the best thing they have heard this year! 😁

Heard it again on german radio stadion SWR3 a few minutes ago. It was the radio edit (which omits the "ven conmigo"-bridge after the last verse and ends on "aiaiai").

After the song, the radio host asked "Isn't this her most beautiful single in a long time?" :inlove:

I really hope it gets heavier rotation from now on.

1 hour ago, Illuminati said:

Heard it again on german radio stadion SWR3 a few minutes ago. It was the radio edit (which omits the "ven conmigo"-bridge after the last verse and ends on "aiaiai").

After the song, the radio host asked "Isn't this her most beautiful single in a long time?" :inlove:

I really hope it gets heavier rotation from now on.

I hope they play it more often on SWR3. I wrote them a mail and asked when they will play Medellin? They replied that they will play the song once a day this week.

Medellin deserves more radio airplay 😁

Haven’t heard Medellín at Walmart (where I work they play Walmart radio)but in the last week I have heard Living For Love (3 times) among the regulars Borderline, Papa Don’t Preach, Holiday, Into The Groove, Vogue, Lucky Star, Music, La Isla Bonita, Like A Prayer

I've heard it on the radio today, they were talking about her performance and saying that she's carrying Portugal on her shoulders and that we should be greatful to her, they were basic saying only good things about her and that we should all adore her. It was even a bit funny, because they almost said 'you should all bow down to the Queen'. 

I live in Portugal 

I'm hoping for Medellin become a dance hit, because it's so great to dance it, you guys won't believe, the 1-2 cha cha on the dancefloor is amazing, it's already being on the DJ set in the night club that I like to go. The Dj is prob a fan, because he plays M a lot, and it's great that all the young crowd dance their ass off with her songs.