Medellin is Madonna’s best song.

I've pretty much seen universal praise for the song apart from the usual trolls.

It's not as immediate as some of her other songs but it's a definite ear worm. 4 minutes is an example of a huge song that never gets played in the UK! I think this will last a long time as it's an easy listen. 4m. LFL and Celebration all suffer from production that sounded dated very quickly.

it's a really good song, fun but with depth and the video is great.

but lets not be silly now, she literally has the greatest catalogue of any living recording artist...

8 hours ago, RyanAnth4 said:

Definitely her best lead since hung up and yes it’s much better than Music . Never liked that song . I would class it in one of her top 15 songs , such a grower . Shame the rest of the world is not getting the opportunity to hear it or look beyond their hate 

You're kidding, right? But to each his own!

For me it's definitely one of her best growers. My initial reaction was worse than any other lead single (barring GMAYL) but I'm really loving it now. And with summer coming I can only imagine loving it more!

It is really a very good pop song. There is nothing like that out there. 

I L💘VE the song! Not sure how you compare it with songs from M's past catalog, which most would not fit todays music market. But in comparison with what is out there currently/today on radio, Spotify, etc, it is a great song and stands out in the best possible way. It will go far.

2 minutes ago, CalinB said:

I L💘VE the song! Not sure how you compare it with songs from M's past catalog, which most would not fit todays music market. But in comparison with what is out there currently/today on radio, Spotify, etc, it is a great song and stands out in the best possible way. It will go far.

A great song. Not the typical “reggaeton” song. It has Madonna all over.

11 minutes ago, whyme? said:

In a year from now, everyone here will say what a horrible choice it was as a first single.

The same thing happened with Living for Love.

Why because it didn’t chart? Even if she created another Vogue at 61 she wouldn’t chart.

42 yrs aren’t getting played. Who really cares anyways i think Medellin is a much stronger single than Living for Love. It’s quite original and different and the video is miles better than the LFL video. Best video since hung up 100%.  Everyone is loving the video and the general public who i know who heard the song via the video think it’s great.  I personally will be listening to Medellin years from now.  It will stay with me. Ive grown to absolutely love it. The video gives me chills especially the cha cha section at the very beginning.  The album can’t come soon enough i have a feeling it will deliver a great Madonna album and be one of the best albums of the year👍

11 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Saying "Medellín" is better than "Music" is just as idiotic as claiming your boyfriend to be a better philosopher than Immanuel Kant. I guess human idiocy knows no bounds 🤔

I also prefer it to Music. Never liked it that much. 

It's very far from being one of her best songs, but it's still a quality pop song that's better than the majority of pop songs released since the beginning of the year. 

5 hours ago, whyme? said:

In a year from now, everyone here will say what a horrible choice it was as a first single.

The same thing happened with Living for Love.

It has already started! 😂🤣

Guest CzarnaWisnia
1 hour ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Is this in Portuguese? @Jairo, anybody? 

Madonna: In Portugal, I was bored and depressed. I started to make a new album. I didn't even plan to... Maybe it was something I ate ...
There are people who practice art for pleasure...

Camoens: Ah yes! It was the same with me. I have written the Lusiadas. I think it's the weather... You start to get bored and suddenly there is something in sight and you can't stop. It's create, create, create... We have to be entertained ...

31 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Madonna: In Portugal, I was bored and depressed. I started to make a new album. I didn't even plan to... Maybe it was something I ate ...
There are people who practice art for pleasure...

Camoens: Ah yes! It was the same with me. I have written the Lusiadas. I think it's the weather... You start to get bored and suddenly there is something in sight and you can't stop. It's create, create, create... We have to be entertained ...

Thank youuuuu! 💌 :lol:

On 4/27/2019 at 9:18 AM, MistressMadge said:

I’ve seen so many hate comments on the internet about this. People calling the song a “disappointment” or a desperate attempt to get a hit by featuring Maluma. First off all let’s get ONE thing straight. Madonna needs NO ONE to smash. She is the biggest female artist of all time. Maluma needs Madonna, he is a complete nonfactor outside South America. And he is beyond honored to work with the Queen as evident by the video of him crying over the collab 

Now as far as the song goes it’s truly a career highlight. Never has Madonna sounded more confident and powerful. The way she skillfully, playfully and seductively  vocalizes back and forth with Maluma is perhaps the most euphoric listening experience I’ve had. “But Madonna needs to release electro pop for the gayzz!!” . If you think that you aren’t a real Madonna fan. This is Madonna at her artistic peak.  She has always shined the most with experimental and Latino sounds.. la Isla Bonita .. anyone??   You guys have no idea how amazing this song truly is. It’s structure and production is unlike anything currently popular. She could have easily jumped on the urban trend and scored a hit but she took a risk and it will PAY OFF!! I have no doubt that Medellin will be remembered for decades to come. It might not seem that way right now; but trust me Madonna knows what she’s doing. There is a reason why she’s lasted longer than any artist -ever!.  She’s in it to win it. She’s playing the long-game. The REVOLUTION is coming.

IT is undeniably infectious. i have been listening to it consistently since its release and every time i'm awed by how beautiful it is. i especially love the ven conmigo chorus. i think you are right in the sense that musically speaking it is timeless and probably one of her best. or possibly her best. but since i had more time with her previous releases and been impacted by them more i am afraid i might be biased in my judgment. in conclusion i sincerely believe it is a brilliant pop classic tune. it's dark and eerie on both their verses and very joyful in the first chorus and the rest is simply beautiful. so, Medellin could very well be her best. and that is probably why i am less interested whether it charts or performs well commercially. if it does good, but if it doesn't it would be a reflection on the banality of our musical taste. and i don't even think that madonna cares on delivering what's cool. she's interested in keeping an edge and being musically ambitious. 

Edited by miki

On 4/28/2019 at 10:35 AM, Crystal Coffin said:

Saying "Medellín" is better than "Music" is just as idiotic as claiming your boyfriend to be a better philosopher than Immanuel Kant. I guess human idiocy knows no bounds 🤔

if MUSIC is  IMMNUEL KANT then i'd say MEDELLIN is TERENCE MCKENNA .   take a trip