WATCH: Madonna + Maluma “Medellín” iconic video

Toe-licking-licious!

SMDH @ someone who finds this mv wrong or boring. This mv is definitely one of her best. 

sexy, vampiristic, ominous. madame x's first video is all that and so much more. it requires repeated viewing because the imagery and messaging can be quite overwhelming. 

memorable are the following: madonna licking maluma's toes, maluma's perpertual mirth like that of a pubescent kid stuck in the QoP's "candy shop," and madonna's crazy drunken meltdown in the final verse. there's also the many jarring sounds of glass shattering, which forebodes of happiness and even coitus interrupted.

the bachanalia that is the wedding reception looks like an occult ritual. madonna may present herself as the main course on the wedding table but it may ultimately be maluma who is the sacrificial lamb, much to the delight of madame and her guests. is that why she's on the run? (an unintentional, or otherwise, mirroring of her romantic relationships from ritchie onwards?)

the dancing and choreography are fine. m & m smoulder on the dance floor and in bed. this so unlike the QoP's sterile collab w/ timberlake 11 years ago. in "medellin," the two look like lovers. maluma's testosterone and screen presence are equal to madonna's mega-star quality. 

the more than a minute intro should've been shortened. the ending sets the stage for madame x's many adventures. perhaps, we may see the story's conclusion in "bitch, i'm loca." 

On first viewing I actually didn’t think too much of the video unfortunately. I’m not going to badmouth it however because there’s nothing wrong with it and it doesn’t deserve to be criticised quite frankly because it’s still a great video with great production values and an obviously fairly high budget. Madonna and Maluma have a lot of chemistry and it’s obvious they had a great time filming it. I think my slight disappointment is more just down to personal preference I think because we have been spoilt rotten and flooded with amazing visuals over the last three weeks as well as those from the last 35 years so the standard has been set so dramatically high. Also I’m totally in love with the song which just added to the slight disappointment I felt of the clip, I did however enjoy the final few minutes during the wedding reception scenes and she looked fantastic throughout. It’s obvious that a lot of money has been spent on this era finally and hopefully we get a couple more amazing clips.

ICONIC... In every single way.

The comments about not getting the meaning of the video are understandable, but look back at the first teaser when Madame X was first introduced -- it will help make sense of it all. 

Madame X introduced herself in that first teaser, and we are now seeing her story. The song/video has this sexy, stylish and somewhat mature feel, and basically tells the story of a woman and a man falling in love, feverish desire, and the dream of true love. This is what we get here, and in way that almost resembles a dream - is it reality, or just fantasy?

This basically reflects on Madame X, or Madonna herself relationship with love, which when she finds it, its like she took a pill that took her back to her seventeenth year, as per the lyrics.

Now we need to wait for the next chapter of her story -- this is just a part of it - and from this music video, we can expect it to continue to be told on this very poetic and metaphorical way. 

Truly exciting times ahead for us Madonna fans. This woman is an absolute creative genius.

2 minutes ago, Rugbyguy said:

On first viewing I actually didn’t think too much of the video unfortunately. I’m not going to badmouth it however because there’s nothing wrong with it and it doesn’t deserve to be criticised quite frankly because it’s still a great video with great production values and an obviously fairly high budget. Madonna and Maluma have a lot of chemistry and it’s obvious they had a great time filming it. I think my slight disappointment is more just down to personal preference I think because we have been spoilt rotten and flooded with amazing visuals over the last three weeks as well as those from the last 35 years so the standard has been set so dramatically high. Also I’m totally in love with the song which just added to the slight disappointment I felt of the clip, I did however enjoy the final few minutes during the wedding reception scenes and she looked fantastic throughout. It’s obvious that a lot of money has been spent on this era finally and hopefully we get a couple more amazing clips.

I felt similar on first watch, but much like the song, the video grows on you. Once you get past expectations, you can enjoy it for what it is and love the visuals, the colours, the dancing, how carefree it all is. Give it a chance 🙂

Side note - I also think this video is part of a series to explain the entire story... the intro and the mid section are out of place with the rest of the video... there needs to be something to connect everything together and I think "I Rise", or whatever video is next will either prelude or continue on the story from Medellin.

1 minute ago, Bretticus said:

I felt similar on first watch, but much like the song, the video grows on you. Once you get past expectations, you can enjoy it for what it is and love the visuals, the colours, the dancing, how carefree it all is. Give it a chance 🙂

I’m sure I’ll still watch it a million billion trillion times haha

1 minute ago, alexis said:

Medellín is now # 1 on the Youtube Brasil charts!

Go Brazil!!🎉🎉

2 minutes ago, Bretticus said:

767K views now - 5 million in 24 hours?

5 million would be AMAZING!!

Im on repeat.  Im noticing more and more stuff. The wedding table and the guests outfits r incredibly colorful amd detailed!

Madonna’s and Maluma’s chemistry is fire 🔥 

Just now, SheldonCooper said:

Im on repeat.  Im noticing more and more stuff. The wedding table and the guests outfits r incredibly colorful amd detailed!

Madonna’s and Maluma’s chemistry is fire 🔥 

That's one of the things I like best - their chemistry! And his endearing respect and admiration for her❤️❤️

Just now, rekha said:

That's one of the things I like best - their chemistry! And his endearing respect and admiration for her❤️❤️

Considering the generational gap it confirms Madonna’s goddess status. ✅✅✅✅✅

As you watch the video, Please keep liking comments you find exiting!!!! There are sooo many good comments!!! I am sooo happy to see the love 💖she is getting for this video! But please, keep using LIKE so the best comments go up!!!!  Great comments with lots of LIKEs attract more comments and LIKEs. 🙂  🙏 keep helping as much as you can in this crucial first 24 hrs.

1 hour ago, Marcelox said:

I love the video,it has some nostalgia felling and full of meanings.. at least for me.. For example 

When she's running into the dark I think  it represent her "reality" at some point of her live (maybe she felt lonely,depressed, lost or something)  That's why the scene was filmed in the middle of the night and in black and white..  

The colorful scene when she's on the table it represent her "fantasy" because when she's about to kiss Maluma the scene was cut drastically ..  She's back into that dark places, she's lying on the floor and them she's stand up (She decide to leave that dark place,she choice the fantasy)

Them you see that scene with the horse..(I think the horse represent the love or things she loves the most)  she did everything to keeping it,she fight for it but at the end she's been left alone..

But she's stand up, she decided to let it go, she choice to leave that dark place were she was, she's ok right now..  The end is truly amazing with the sunrise, a new beginning  😭

Sorry for my bad English.. 

@MarceloxLove your interpretation Marcelox  - you explained it beautifully!

A. It's not Iconic. It cannot be on the very first day it's released. Let's not become jackholes and use "iconic" and "diva" lazily. 

B. OMG!!!! I love it!!! LOOOVE. She looks amazing and I need to see Maluma... more. Classy Mozo says "more." 🙂🙂

LOVE IT! 

4 minutes ago, CalinB said:

As you watch the video, Please keep liking comments you find exiting!!!! There are sooo many good comments!!! I am sooo happy to see the love 💖she is getting for this video! But please, keep using LIKE so the best comments go up!!!!  Great comments with lots of LIKEs attract more comments and LIKEs. 🙂  🙏 keep helping as much as you can in this crucial first 24 hrs.

I've been liking alot of comments.

My comments are in Japanese so like them if you see them!!

2 hours ago, Blinko said:

I don't get it. Medellin song screams summer, sun and water. But video do not. I think it fails to bring what music is about. M need summer hit, but instead of it  we get only night and dark atmosphere, similar to Lorca Blood Wedding play. 

What about the half of the planet that's heading into winter right now?  The concept of a "summer" song means nothing to us, because what is a "summer hit" for you is a "winter hit" for us (and vice versa) :dazed:

So much to love about this video!!  I love the scene of her just walking into the room before the song starts - she knows how to make an entrance!  The scenes with the horse and the horse riding are particularly stunning and very cinematic.  I also love the whole wedding section .  Really the whole thing is amazing and stands up to her strong cannon of videos.  Can't wait to see what other visuals are in store for this era- we are still at the very beginning!!