Martha Graham gave Madonna the title Madame X

JWAD

6 hours ago, RoyalMadonna said:

“In 1980, a well intentioned finance guy seeked me and said: "Miss Graham, your best asset to find you subsidies is your respectability." I wanted to spit. Respectable! Show me one artist that wants to be respectable.”

This one is for Reductive, award whoring ass kissing low life. You can also refer to her when it comes to ‘embellishments’, she is nothing but. 

9 hours ago, ursula said:

So that's why beautiful game - I mean dark ballet - was teased one year before its release? #soon actually meant 'as soon as someone unties me'? 🤔

😆

2 hours ago, veroelectronica said:

Some people are  ridiculous. As if u were there  with  her and heard that the story was fabricated???

It reminded me of that time, back in the day, when members on Prince.org were saying 'Tupac never/hung out/dated met Madonna' and that the pictures were photoshopped.

Nevermind his statements in VIBE.

That was just so sexist and racist.

37 minutes ago, acko said:

It reminded me of that time, back in the day, when members on Prince.org were saying 'Tupac never/hung out/dated met Madonna' and that the pictures were photoshopped.

Nevermind his statements in VIBE.

That was just so sexist and racist.

"I'll never be what the society expects me to be...I've sinned too much..."

But then, of course, Cher, Prince fans, Whitney fans, they can say whatever the fucking vilest thing about Madonna all they want and easily get away with it AND MADONNA IS STILL THE EVIL ONE. What a cute world we live in :inlove:

30 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

Mother of god.

:drama::drama::drama:

The thing that impresses me so much about Madonna is that she knows how amazing she looks when she does these things. She has such a gift for not only music but visual art as well.  It goes all the way back to the first album, she’s always had it.  Her body of work at this point is overwhelming.  I need a supercut of every amazing moment.  On the other hand, maybe my heart couldn’t handle that.  😉🥰

I take Madonna at her word. None of us were there. If for whatever reason you choose to believe she is embellishing then good for you. If like me, you take her at her word, good for us too. Personally I don't find the story so outlandish that I would speculate on its truth. It could easily be true and I take it as such. Some say why did she not tell us this before. Um, I bet there are hundreds of things we are yet to find out.

Madonna was 14 when she dreamed of Martha Graham calling her Madame X she dreamed so hard that one day her dream came true. 

Why do some not believe this story and yet eat all the shit that is being fed to them by the likes of the reductive one?

Love the story.

And it's all okay because M got an email from Martha's people and her, sending their love and complete support on behalf of the story and if the queen says it shall be, then it shall be. :crazy:

7 hours ago, YannBouch said:

Ironic claiming Madonna embellished her background story in this world of instagram filters fake ass everywhere etc. Where you only share the good parts of your life in surface without revelling any more that the fun parts of your life. Madonna is one of the most open artist I ever seen. Through her stories and lyrics. If she romanticized a few parts to get to the message she wanted to share who cares. Are we not doing all the same thing after all ? 

THIS.

All those fame whoring pop tarts and tv 'personalities' would kill to have one hundredth of M's biography and personality. That's why some study her so hard and a few (blatantly) steal from her. 

10 hours ago, RoyalMadonna said:

Madonna was my student when she was young. At first, she arrived 2 hours earlier to see me enter. Once famous, she came back to pay me a visit. Everyone was terrified of what my reaction would be.
It was totally unjustified. I liked her very much. She's direct. She reaches her goals and she couldn't care less. She's a non-conformist. Yes, she's criticized. She's provocative and dares you to react. But she only shows on stage what most women hide; it's true, it's not too respectable.
In 1980, a well intentioned finance guy seeked me and said: "Miss Graham, your best asset to find you subsidies is your respectability." I wanted to spit. Respectable! Show me one artist that wants to be respectable.

Fabulous. Thanks for translating, i was like for 2 pages - where my Frenchies at?!? :rotfl:

11 hours ago, RoyalMadonna said:

Madonna was my student when she was young. At first, she arrived 2 hours earlier to see me enter. Once famous, she came back to pay me a visit. Everyone was terrified of what my reaction would be.
It was totally unjustified. I liked her very much. She's direct. She reaches her goals and she couldn't care less. She's a non-conformist. Yes, she's criticized. She's provocative and dares you to react. But she only shows on stage what most women hide; it's true, it's not too respectable.
In 1980, a well intentioned finance guy seeked me and said: "Miss Graham, your best asset to find you subsidies is your respectability." I wanted to spit. Respectable! Show me one artist that wants to be respectable.

BRAVO!!!! THANK YOU!!!

4 hours ago, Jeby said:

I take Madonna at her word. None of us were there. If for whatever reason you choose to believe she is embellishing then good for you. If like me, you take her at her word, good for us too. Personally I don't find the story so outlandish that I would speculate on its truth. It could easily be true and I take it as such. Some say why did she not tell us this before. Um, I bet there are hundreds of things we are yet to find out.

The only part I speculate on is how she says Martha says “I’m going to call you madame X...look different as much as possible from now on every time I see you,” and “I was tied to a tree for months and then turned into a chacha instructor.”

Edited by imakicola

5 minutes ago, ursula said:

I don't like to be the one answering that trap of a question, but I hate unanswered questions even more than being lynched by a bunch of drama queens, so here it goes.

First embellishment I could think of : the genesis. Mambo didn't arrive in NYC penniless. 1) She is not stupid 2) Christopher debunked that long ago.

And Christopher never lied about anything ???? :dead: :dead: 

Come on, now. Be serious a minute. 
You chose to believe Christopher over M ?? 
Let me be a drama queen for you :    :provoke:

Guest Marco

Accusing Madonna of being an unreliable narrator is something I’d expect from some Trumpbot under Murdoch’s payroll. :rolleyes:

39 minutes ago, ursula said:

I don't like beeing the one answering that trap of a question, but I hate unanswered questions even more than being lynched by a bunch of drama queens, so here it goes.

First embellishment I could think of : the genesis. Mambo didn't arrive in NYC penniless. 1) She is not stupid  2) Christopher debunked that long ago.

Christopher also said she adopted because Angelina Jolie did. he made a lot of assumptions too. the fact is that many people who were friends with M at the time have said that she indeed had no money and lived in horrible conditions. that's a FACT. and anyway, even IF she knew some random guy there or a distant cousin.. what difference would it make? it's not the sudden key to success. Im sure everyone here knows a few people who live in NY, doesn't mean you can just go to their place when it's convenient. people always like to simplify things in order to undermine M's talent, success, AND work ethic and energy. 

ENOUGH.

16 hours ago, RoyalMadonna said:

Fucking WOW 

I simply have to track down that book (in English) 

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

Christopher as a reliable source :lmao:

I know right! Christopher the sycophant, jealous brother who drained away all his money on drugs and needed some juicy tell all book for a buck. He then launched his awful shoe collection. A talented man who pissed it all away. 

6 minutes ago, JWAD said:

I know right! Christopher the sycophant, jealous brother who drained away all his money on drugs and needed some juicy tell all book for a buck. He then launched his awful shoe collection. A talented man who pissed it all away. 

Never given a dime to Christopher and his drug habit. Not interested in anything he's selling. I only want to hear it from Madonna.  Back to Madame X

6 hours ago, ursula said:

I don't like beeing the one answering that trap of a question, but I hate unanswered questions even more than being lynched by a bunch of drama queens, so here it goes.

First embellishment I could think of : the genesis. Mambo didn't arrive in NYC penniless. 1) She is not stupid  2) Christopher debunked that long ago.

Why are you doubting that because of something Christopher of all people said.  The same whiny Christopher who then whinged about staying in the same building as her later and complaining about how squalid it was.  His book was nothing but a whiny jealous rant full of inaccuracies.   It is a well known fact that Madonna had hardly any money when arriving in New York.  She even stayed at the house of a stranger for a while.   Her life in extreme poverty has been verified over and over.   Madonna's life story before fame is one of the most fascinating and inspirational stories imaginable.