STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

Is there any sort of data released about the number of sales for iTunes?  I mean, I'm sure most people who use digital platforms stream rather than buy, these days.  And not to bring her up, but how many people can really still be buying "Shallow" at any given moment for it to be #6?  Just wondering, in today's world, how many of these ITunes sales contribute to the overall chart performance.  

7 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

The fact that Gaga got an Oscar for that god awful song where she sounds like a dying cat, shows how low US music industry has got. 

Facts 

1 minute ago, Kim said:

Yes I see the Latin market angle etc. But I mean we're talking simply waiting an extra 2 days to debut it instead of basically losing those sales and streams for the first full week debut. It's such a simple thing but oh well.

No I didn't see Lorraine (was she on 'holiday' again?) Good to hear it got a positive reaction though!

I know it seems bizarre to loose out on a full week no no reason I mean all the big numbers from yesterday and positive feedback could of easily happened on Friday eating into a full week.

But as you say oh well. 

Yes Lorraine was on holiday again I think she's licking her wounds after her tax avoidance🤐. Yes it was positive indeed.

13 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I know it seems bizarre to loose out on a full week no no reason I mean all the big numbers from yesterday and positive feedback could of easily happened on Friday eating into a full week.

But as you say oh well. 

Yes Lorraine was on holiday again I think she's licking her wounds after her tax avoidance🤐. Yes it was positive indeed.

Ah the Shady Scottish Slut wasn't there. That's why Madonna got praise. Lorraine is a jealous cunt and is always calling her in her newspaper column. 

5 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

Ah the Shady Scottish Slut wasn't there. That's why Madonna got praise. Lorraine is a jealous cunt and is always calling her in her newspaper column. 

Is she really. At least Madge pays her tax. 

It was Christine Blakey presenting who said the Queen is officially back. 

2 minutes ago, Samo said:

But they're not playing it

First of all, it's been less than 24 hrs so even if they will eventually, let's give them a chance. The video could make an impact too.

Secondly, odds are (no matter what she releases) they WON'T play her. I can't say I dislike the little "radio deals" but at the end of the day, does it matter? GMAYL is a top 10 but did that really boost the song in any way to most?? Everyone (not me) hates it regardless. If this is meant to be a hit, it'll happen organically. If it gains enough momentum via other avenues, then radio will come around. Not likely of course, but that's the way to do it. No need to "fake it" with 2 day radio deals etc.

1 hour ago, jonski43 said:

What time is the cut off for this week's chart? Is it 12.30pm tomorrow (Friday)? 

I will buy from Amazon for the new week. 

Yes. Let's buy it on all digital stores! But not yet!

39 minutes ago, Bill said:

Is there any sort of data released about the number of sales for iTunes?  I mean, I'm sure most people who use digital platforms stream rather than buy, these days.  And not to bring her up, but how many people can really still be buying "Shallow" at any given moment for it to be #6?  Just wondering, in today's world, how many of these ITunes sales contribute to the overall chart performance.  

:tongue:Hopefully Medellin can crack the top 40. But if it ever goes top 10 I'll be extremely excited and happy!

47 minutes ago, imakicola said:

It’s true. The person who gave us that info was right about the details including the Ai Ai Ai !

There were two people, but anyway, time to let it go. I shouldn't have commented on it again because nobody cares in the end. 

2 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

First of all, it's been less than 24 hrs so even if they will eventually, let's give them a chance. The video could make an impact too.

Secondly, odds are (no matter what she releases) they WON'T play her. I can't say I dislike the little "radio deals" but at the end of the day, does it matter? GMAYL is a top 10 but did that really boost the song in any way to most?? Everyone (not me) hates it regardless. If this is meant to be a hit, it'll happen organically. If it gains enough momentum via other avenues, then radio will come around. Not likely of course, but that's the way to do it. No need to "fake it" with 2 day radio deals etc.

I hear you.

Plus radio is driven by songs that have big streaming/digital numbers.

One thing the top ten biggest streaming songs of the week have in commen is that they all get decent airplay, so can radio really ignore it if it explodes enough online.

The Latin markets especially have had incredible numbers for 24 hours, not surprising with Malumas massive following in these territories.....if the streaming numbers become strong enough to put Medlin inside the top 10 due to high demand online, radio won't be able to ignore its popularity.

6 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I hear you.

Plus radio is driven by songs that have big streaming/digital numbers.

One thing the top ten biggest streaming songs of the week have in commen is that they all get decent airplay, so can radio really ignore it if it explodes enough online.

The Latin markets especially have had incredible numbers for 24 hours, not surprising with Malumas massive following in these territories.....if the streaming numbers become strong enough to put Medlin inside the top 10 due to high demand online, radio won't be able to ignore its popularity.

THIS is what's giving me hope! I definitely don't expect radio to immediately pounce on this but you raise a great question.....CAN they just straight up ignore it if it becomes an "online hit"?? I would think that in itself should garner SOME radio play. It's just an uphill battle with that. I'm not trying to be pessimistic here, just realistic. It does seem like they're going for a more "slow and steady" kind of ascension here. I think we're used to how things were the last era and prior...if it doesn't IMMEDIATELY hit then it's "flop" when that's just not the case now. Things have shifted quite a bit since RH was released.

21 hours ago, runa said:

it took me 30 minutes to find it...

I went in the chart section, that's how I found her. No matter if I searched Madonna, Maluma or Medellin, I had nothing...................... :banghead::dazed:

I found it!!! Thank you!!

:smooch: 

Just now, Kurt420 said:

THIS is what's giving me hope! I definitely don't expect radio to immediately pounce on this but you raise a great question.....CAN they just straight up ignore it if it becomes an "online hit"?? I would think that in itself should garner SOME radio play. It's just an uphill battle with that. I'm not trying to be pessimistic here, just realistic. It does seem like they're going for a more "slow and steady" kind of ascension here. I think we're used to how things were the last era and prior...if it doesn't IMMEDIATELY hit then it's "flop" when that's just not the case now. Things have shifted quite a bit since RH was released.

I agree totally. A new Madonna song sent to radio simply wouldn't be dusted off at all without a pushed radio deal like she got with GMAYL. 

But she has been smart here and produced a great song with a Latin star who has a massive online profile and in an era where streaming and online presence drives the radio, this is where Madonna will finally have an advantage.

If it was just Madonna on her own the slow and steady simply wouldn't work but as it's a collaboration with Maluma it will do and if the positive reaction and big numbers (especially from the Latin territories) are anything to go by, the streaming numbers will be big enough for it to sit beautifully alongside other songs that are getting airplay...

..like you say can radio really ignore that. I'm excitied as she deserves this moment, and then hopefully we will get the solo dance stomper song next month which people who have already tapped into Medlin will pay attention too plus if she strikes whilst the irons hot, which she will be doing as the albums not out until June 14th, then the solo dance track will appear literally moments after Medellin has gained prize position next month. 🤞

And then bang the massive exposur she is about to receive following her performance at the Eurovision, where I think she will be taking the dance track she filmed in the theatre as it's a better fit for the show not Medlin.

Sorry to go on but I'm so excited that's how is (Hope) see the next month panning out.

Is guy oseary behind this? He’s been very silent

12 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

top-notch promo so far

do you guys agree???

HUGE improvement! And there’s much more to come! I’m shocked and delighted how well this rollout has been so far. 

1 minute ago, Ven Conmigo said:

HUGE improvement! And there’s much more to come! I’m shocked and delighted how well this rollout has been so far. 

YESS!!! so pumped for stuff that's up to come, performances, videos, interviews OMMGG finally

random infob but I just read Katy Perry is releasing a single with Daddy Yankee :lmao: 

15 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Streaming till my ear xplode

I think I listened to it about a hundred times today - although I think only 10 listens count a day. 

I was shocked to hear 2day when my boss asked me if this was her first song since that album that has that song,
and he actually sang' Hey Madonnnaaaa' (as in 4 Minutes) :nocomment:

I was like 'Oh. um No.'  *mumbles something about the Superbowl en Rebel Heart under his breath*

I know it’s been discussed many times 😊 but I can’t find the page, I downloaded it from Apple Music as I have a subscription but my bro said that it doesn’t count that I need to download from iTunes, is that right? I’m also streaming from YouTube.