STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

49 minutes ago, Carta said:

#2 worldwide, #1 overall in Europe and #1 in 20 different countries

We need to counter any negative press with these facts. And I'm sure when the video comes out and she performs at the BBMA's it will do even better.

42 minutes ago, headonfire said:

We need to counter any negative press with these facts. And I'm sure when the video comes out and she performs at the BBMA's it will do even better.

yes, THIS. 

Post this every day

2 hours ago, Who Is That Girl? said:

And so it begins.... Ok guys, its Monday morning here in Australia, news on in the background and I hear 'Madonna Flops' a full news report dedicated to Madonna's flop new single Medellin reporting that the superstar's new single has been a disaster on radio, iTunes and streaming services. This is the problem the media gets hold of it and runs with it then it becomes a snowball. 

I dunno disappointed to say the least, but expected I guess. This would never be reported about anyone else however, goes with the territory.

Please don't shoot the messenger.

can we do something to get this song played or they won't play her anyway?

I honestly don’t care about the commercial success for this song tbh, and I don’t think her team does either. They probably launch this first to drum up the hype for Latin markets (and selective European markets) so it’ll be nice to see it becoming a sleeper hit there. Faz Gostoso will also be an easy hit for her in Brazil. 

I think their team is saving bullets for the disco single “Killers Who Are Partying”. It sounds like a traditional Madonna pop song with a controversial video and will be performed in front of 200M people. I don’t see how they can go wrong with that (of course Eurovision would need to approve the song to be performed first, but I’m confident M and her team already had that locked down.) 

I cannot wait for the Madonna storm next month. 

2 minutes ago, loowee said:

I honestly don’t care about the commercial success for this song tbh, and I don’t think her team does either. They probably launch this first to drum up the hype for Latin markets (and selective European markets) so it’ll be nice to see it becoming a sleeper hit there. Faz Gostoso will also be an easy hit for her in Brazil. 

I think their team is saving bullets for the disco single “Killers Who Are Partying”. It sounds like a traditional Madonna pop song with a controversial video and will be performed in front of 200M people. I don’t see how they can go wrong with that (of course Eurovision would need to approve the song to be performed first, but I’m confident M and her team already had that locked down.) 

I cannot wait for the Madonna storm next month. 

You think Faz will impact Brasil? Hasn’t it already been heard and a hit like a year ago?

7 minutes ago, Mensch said:

You think Faz will impact Brasil? Hasn’t it already been heard and a hit like a year ago?

I believe it was just a local hit in Portugal. With the help of Anitta and a ratchet video (which will piss off many Madonna fans), I can totally see it going viral in Brazil. It’s a very catchy song and I’m sure Madonna/Mirwais/Mike will elevate it even more. 

7 minutes ago, Mensch said:

no it was a hit in Portugal. no one in Brazil knows the song. I think it will be a hit. almost everything that has anitta become a hit here and the media is building so much hype on this song. they have so much respect for Madonna here

3 hours ago, Who Is That Girl? said:

I didn't see that article, if I had it would not of been as shocking to see the news, I'm not sure if that was the reference or not. What does this Roger guys say when the same charts situation happens to every other legacy artist or is it just that he hates Madge.

You are a troll. Your apparent ignorance at who Roger Friedman is and his history with Madonna is very transparent. Looking at your post history the majority are negative, peppered with faux concern about how badly she supposedly doing. Or they're typical backhanded compliments of "I love Madonna but..."

@Ven Conmigo @Kim what do you think?

1 minute ago, Napoléon said:

You are a troll. Your apparent ignorance at who Roger Friedman is and his history with Madonna is very transparent. Looking at your post history the majority are negative, peppered with faux concern about how badly she supposedly doing. Or they're typical backhanded compliments of "I love Madonna but..."

@Ven Conmigo @Kim what do you think?

Im not a troll at all, just a fan who asks questions, this is a democracy and a forum after all, I refuse to look through rose coloured glasses. I have every Madonna release and am a true fan, I have never been abusive or rude to anyone on this forum. How dare you rudely critique my posts. I ask questions just like Madonna promotes her fans to do and to never accept that there is one answer, who do you think you are? Why are you so concerned with my opinions, how do they affect you? There is nothing in my posts that are cause for concern, you preach your own love for Madonna but spew the negativity that she fights against. People hate in others what they hate in themselves. I can assure you I love Madonna and have never said otherwise, any concerns are always out of wanting nothing but success for her, the only ignorant one here is yourself a small minded keyboard warrior. You live in Melbourne, I am often in town so if my opinions are so concerning to you perhaps you can voice them to me in person? Happy to take off line, I just will not lower myself to your level online. Why you need to involve others 'as above' is bewildering at best, do you want me banned because I participated in a forum of varying opinions and dared to voice my own and question, if thats the case then I was unaware this was a dictatorship.

Save the holier than thou routine. I maintain you are a troll. Your response further confirms my suspicions by trying to shift the focus off you and your posts and onto me. Both Ven Conmigo and Kim are forum moderators. If they don’t think you’re a troll then so be it. 

31 minutes ago, Napoléon said:

Save the holier than thou routine. I maintain you are a troll. Your response further confirms my suspicions by trying to shift the focus off you and your posts and onto me. Both Ven Conmigo and Kim are forum moderators. If they don’t think you’re a troll then so be it. 

ok, your not a well person, you bought the anger to me not the other way around. Maybe concern yourself less with me and support Madonna and purchase her song and help her.

I think that oz was the first country that abbandoned her with USA,  so then comes the Uk.  So i assume that there's something wrong in the speaking english countries. Maybe she offended them in some way... maybe she said that the way this countries support stupid artist like Gaga, swift, Rihanna, perry and counting... It's so embarrasing. I don't kwon. The only thing i know is that you infected all the world with stupid instruments like digital at first than streaming, in the name of progress you, in term of collectivity, destroyied music and great artist. Now take what you deserve. 

20 minutes ago, rebelfan2018 said:

I think that oz was the first country that abbandoned her with USA,  so then comes the Uk.  So i assume that there's something wrong in the speaking english countries. Maybe she offended them in some way... maybe she said that the way this countries support stupid artist like Gaga, swift, Rihanna, perry and counting... It's so embarrasing. I don't kwon. The only thing i know is that you infected all the world with stupid instruments like digital at first than streaming, in the name of progress you, in term of collectivity, destroyied music and great artist. Now take what you deserve. 

Completely wrong.  Australia was not the first country to so called abandon Madonna.  4 Minutes was a number 1 smash.  COADF was huge and Hung Up was number 1 for ages.  She was everywhere.  The problem has always been the complete late of promotion in every way, shape or form since MDNA onwards.   Even without the promotion both MDNA and Rebel Heart were number 1 albums in Australia.  She has a huge following here and always has. 

Anyway, we are totally getting off track here.  This new era can make Madonna smash again with a lot of promotion and confident it will. 

40 minutes ago, Who Is That Girl? said:

ok, your not a well person, you bought the anger to me not the other way around. Maybe concern yourself less with me and support Madonna and purchase her song and help her.

No one’s angry. Simply pointing out you’re trolling. All you’ve done in response is to deflect. I really don’t care if you want to waste your time on a Madonna forum talking shit. 

26 minutes ago, rebelfan2018 said:

Unfortunately I would say that biggest reason her popularity cooled in Oz was due to so many tours missing us. So much of her promotion for the 00’s and 10’s has been from tours so that’s resulted in a significant lack of promotion for her here. 

I agree with @Jazzy Jan though. There has been a lot more interest around Madame X from the general public / casual fans compared to previous albums. At least in my experience from talking to people. Eurovision is pretty huge in Australia - to the point that we actually compete in it - so I think that will be great promo for her. Also the BBMAs should also give her a boost. I’m optimistic that this era will do well here. 

30 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Completely wrong.  Australia was not the first country to so called abandon Madonna.  4 Minutes was a number 1 smash.  COADF was huge and Hung Up was number 1 for ages.  She was everywhere.  The problem has always been the complete late of promotion in every way, shape or form since MDNA onwards.   Even without the promotion both MDNA and Rebel Heart were number 1 albums in Australia.  She has a huge following here and always has. 

Anyway, we are totally getting off track here.  This new era can make Madonna smash again with a lot of promotion and confident it will. 

I really doubt that, so you take It personal if she didn't come to tour Oz? I don't think you are so weird. I think instead that in the name of progress someone said that streaming is the way we child get music. Making Us more lazy than before. I don't think this way could  help to have good music on chart. So i'm An old day dreamer. I can't accept new artists especially talentless females like the ones i've mentioned and i can't accept the way we purchase new music 

42 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Absolutely Jan! Australian commercial media is completely Murdoch run, so don't expect any positive Madonna or Michael Jackson stories or articles, just constant bashing. It is baffling why it's even being reported as news or even general interest. 

If she does tour here again (which I highly doubt she will this era), the hate will get even louder after the last time.

1 hour ago, rebelfan2018 said:

How did OZ abandon her when ALL her albums continue to debut at #1 there and her 2016 tour there was very successful?

Confused.

27 minutes ago, Samo said:

How did OZ abandon her when ALL her albums continue to debut at #1 there and her 2016 tour there was very successful?

Confused.

When was the last time she had An hit single over there?

1 hour ago, rebelfan2018 said:

When was the last time she had An hit single over there?

Madonna has only missed the #1 spot with a studio album in Australia twice in the last 30 (THIRTY!) years ("Music" and "American Life").  Australia was one of the only countries in the world to send "Bedtime Stories" to #1.  Her singles started struggling here when her deal with Warners ended - she's only reached the Top 40 once since then and that's because she doesn't have a record company promoting anything to radio.  Jan has mentioned this on plenty of occasions in the past (but you're brand new, so you wouldn't be aware of any of that).  Her albums do well here because she's Madonna and her fans still buy physical copies, but digitally, her fans don't have a presence.  Just look at the number of people in this thread who haven't known how to stream or even download a track on iTunes (no shade at all - just an observation and more proof that Madonna's fans aren't necessarily the ones who are consuming individual tracks the way the charts measure consumption these days).

In Australia, streaming is EVERYTHING now.  Pink (who is adored here) was #1 on iTunes and on the sale charts for weeks, yet her streams only ranked her in the high 30s, so she missed the Top 10 with a lead single for the first time in her entire career, and it's her first lead single not to reach #1 since the mid 00's (I'm still shocked by this, to be honest - a #11 peak for a brand new Pink single is unheard of in Australia).  Kids are not going to stream Madonna, so she's going to struggle to do well on any chart that incorporates streams.  It's wrong, but that's just the way it is.

Even in Italy (where she has had incredible success with singles), she hasn't had a Top 10 single since "Girl Gone Wild".  I know "Ghosttown" did well there and went Platinum (and LFL went Gold), but it "only" reached #20 (again, this is great and as many around here know, I have a great affinity for anything Italian!).  Her singles are great and should be successful, but without the proper backing of a record company, Madonna's singles are going to struggle.  The fact that she reached #1 in on iTunes in 20 countries really is fantastic.  It's the low streaming numbers that are going to hinder her.

Australia gave Madonna her first #1 single in the world and we gave her multiple #1 albums when the rest of the world was content to give her Top 5 albums.  Hopefully, "Madame X" will add to her incredible tally here (interest is high).

2 hours ago, Andyrs said:

Medellín is #96 on iTunes USA...

That was expected, she has 0 airplay and general public barely knows she has a new song out.The video and the performance will give it a boost though. Honestly I would focus more on the streaming services that generate more points for the Billboard hot 100. Remember that some songs that have topped itunes recently failed to chart.

good  is always expected with a song by Madonna . ( no radios...). if above is a song in Spanish with Maluma the chances of success in non-Latin countries was expected.

I do not think a first single with Maluma was a wise decision.

Anyway, it's too early to say, let's give it time ..

Madonna is 60 years old, it is not easy for her to go back to being a breaker, not because she does not deserve it ... simply because we live in a world where only youth is valued.

I, with my age, no longer give importance to the charts, the numbers one ... I appreciate that she continue to give us music.

I also have to say that I did not expect a first single like that ... especially after all that she has worked, after listening to Beautiful game, after listening to some filtered disco snippet..

Madonna has always found stones on the way.

we are lucky to enjoy it .. a legend, 

the Rolling Stone sell records... No! N.1.. No! 

I hope it goes very well with this album but if it is not like that it will not be a drama..although for me the first single is not appropriate.

you are a survivor Madonna! always proud of you!

Well, unfortunately it seems German tabloids decided to run with the ‘flop’ story as well. Haven’t seen it myself, but

Last night my boyfriend asked me out of nowhere: How do you like Madonna’s new song? I read it is a major flop. 

And I know where he has it from. I don’t dare going there and getting all upset. 

2 minutes ago, Lolo said:

Well, unfortunately it seems German tabloids decided to run with the ‘flop’ story as well. Haven’t seen it myself, but

Last night my boyfriend asked me out of nowhere: How do you like Madonna’s new song? I read it is a major flop. 

And I know where he has it from. I don’t dare going there and getting all upset. 

Fortunately, if you search for Madonna on Google, only positive stories are showing up at this stage...