STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

3 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

Her older fans just probably buy the album.  I haven't even bought iTunes, I listen on Spotify though

ITunes is not big anymore. A song can hit number one on itunes and fail to chart. It's all about streaming these days. 

41 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

ITunes is not big anymore. A song can hit number one on itunes and fail to chart. It's all about streaming these days. 

Truth! In Denmark, streaming accounts for almost 90 % of all music consumption, with downloads actually having become the least popular format:

Danish music consumption in 2018

• Streaming: 87.6 %
  • Vinyl: 4.8 %
  • CD: 3.8 %
  • Dowloads: 3.6 %

Source: IFPI Denmark

I have a doubt about youtube: I think gaga´s performance at the oscars counted towards the charts, didn´t it? so is the eurovision performance (and BB and...) going to count also at the charts? I hope her team will be fast and wise and use it on her official channel

3 minutes ago, promise to try said:

I have a doubt about youtube: I think gaga´s performance at the oscars counted towards the charts, didn´t it? so is the eurovision performance (and BB and...) going to count also at the charts? I hope her team will be fast and wise and use it on her official channel

Yes, I think that performances count.

Guest CzarnaWisnia
8 hours ago, Cesky said:

From a pure money perspective, touring makes more money than music sales so this can't be called a bad commercial decision per se.

Touring isn't new. Before, artists made money from record sales AND touring.

1 hour ago, Msig said:

Truth! In Denmark, streaming accounts for almost 90 % of all music consumption, with downloads actually having become the least popular format:

Danish music consumption in 2018

• Streaming: 87.6 %
  • Vinyl: 4.8 %
  • CD: 3.8 %
  • Dowloads: 3.6 %

Source: IFPI Denmark

I wish this to happen in the US so that these cheap power tripping djs and station mngers lose their power. 

2 hours ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Mariah is a good example! M isn't even in the top 200 on Spotify in the UK yet 😶

1 hour ago, promise to try said:

Yes, I think the Oscar performance counted but it wouldn't surprise me if billfraud change the rules again!

3 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Mariah is a good example! M isn't even in the top 200 on Spotify in the UK yet 😶

Yes, I think the Oscar performance counted but it wouldn't surprise me if billfraud change the rules again!

The video just has to be tagged as "Music" so hopefully her team doesnt fudge that up. 

25 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

The video just has to be tagged as "Music" so hopefully her team doesnt fudge that up. 

Yes, I would be surprised if they don't fuck this up. This would be a big push. We will see what they will do with the BBMA performace.

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yes, I would be surprised if they don't fuck this up. This would be a big push. We will see what they will do with the BBMA performace.

That should count too! If it gets viral, easily 10 million views.

"Medellín" – Spotify Update:

1st day: 520,454 streams
2nd day: 773,264 streams
3rd day: 994,654 streams
4th day: 645,281 streams

Total: 2,933,653 streams 

Stream it!

18 minutes ago, Joao said:

Stream it!

36 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

That should count too! If it gets viral, easily 10 million views.

But it needs to be classified as MUSIC not as ENTERTAINMENT or something. Hopefully it will be uploaded officially at all. 

2 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Touring isn't new. Before, artists made money from record sales AND touring.

Yes, but record sales have gone way down in the past 15 years and streaming hasn't been effectively monetized for the artist. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

But it needs to be classified as MUSIC not as ENTERTAINMENT or something. Hopefully it will be uploaded officially at all. 

Fingers crossed they get it right for her!! 🤞🏻

2 hours ago, Matt said:

You may send a DM to her PR Team Instagram!

9 hours ago, tuckeye said:

i wish she would discount her singles some times. every one else does it. SHE NEVER DOES!

whats the lowest they can go 49 cents? lol

Def...song should be .69 when vid drops and vid $1.29 on US-ITunes 

2 hours ago, Joao said:

Stream it!

i think this is good for a song that got played once and has no video

Today was the second time radio speaker talked about madonnas hot new single after 4 years with a colombian singer BUT THEN played like a virgin and the other time la isla bonita. Looks like they still dont have the permission to play it.

15 hours ago, Who Is That Girl? said:

Just talking iTunes at the moment, streaming aside, why does Madonna always fall so hard, how does an act of her level drop like that, I know the sales are tiny we are prob talking hundreds considering the global 'number one' sells approx 4k in a day, but just being Madonna should see her hang in the top 10 for a week or so, this is the biggest selling female artist in the world but frigging Adele will sit in the top 10 for eons, I know she is 60, I know her demo does not stream or buy singles, but the media will latch onto a 9 > 36 decrease for example and the negativity will all start again, I guess the video and BB awards will push it back up, god I miss the days of walking to the shop and buying a single and album, that was to me the true sign of what is a hit or not. Madonna is being extremely quiet and has not done any personal promo as yet and I don't count instagram as promo per se. 

It’s because the iTunes chart is based on the past 24 hrs so the highest part will always be exactly 24 hours after the song is released. 

6 minutes ago, Miphiwart said:

Today was the second time radio speaker talked about madonnas hot new single after 4 years with a colombian singer BUT THEN played like a virgin and the other time la isla bonita. Looks like they still dont have the permission to play it.

You know what that means. There might acthallly be a radio add date!

Edited by imakicola

here's some news for you....

“Medellín” has finally been moved to @Madonna’s “Top 5” on Spotify! Her monthly listeners have skyrocketed, and she’s also moved up 34 positions (from 289th) to 255th in the world, all thanks to “Medellín.”

1 minute ago, cocolattee said:

sorry for my deep ignorance (I've always refused to use Sporify until now)

in order to support the single do we need to play ANY playlist that includes Medellin? Or only some of them? 

Just play the song.