STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

6 minutes ago, Confessit said:

And TAB was beyond beautiful. 

I agree and I kind of understand some fans saying MTV is so last century but it does have a lot of high rating shows even though it doesn't play videos anymore really. 

The sheer fact it is getting the space on MTV with the Q&A is marking it with an event and is being reported as much which again helps with the placing of the song/album/era. 

Exactly! The fact that MTV doesn't play videos yet is spotlighting and premiering MADONNA'S new video makes it seem special....makes HER seem special.....and MTV SHOULD be doing this for her. There was a time the M in MTV stood for Madonna! Yes they helped her tremendously but she also helped them just as much! If their gonna break the mold for anyone it should be Madonna. The video will immediately be online everywhere afterwards anyways so it's not like it's a loss by giving MTV the premiere even if it is a bit "old school". Also, I don't think MTV would do something like this these days for some basic ass, "ok" video.....this must be something special. If it's that good, people will watch.

10 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Silly question, why would anyone preorder album when they can get it for free if they have a streaming subscription. 

To help her sales? 

Bcz you don’t get the booklet/album artwork with streaming?

10 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Silly question, why would anyone preorder album when they can get it for free if they have a streaming subscription. 

Different strokes for different folks. Some people like to own it especially if it’s something from their favorites.

18 minutes ago, JayMac said:

There's actually a thread about this in the General Music forum! I think a lot of people like to actually own their music. I very recently, in anticipation of the album decided to finally get Spotify Premium.....I was reluctant though. Overall I find it great but definitely not perfect.....lots of songs missing, wrong versions of songs in the album playlists...just things like that. Some people could care less about those things but I'm very picky with that. If I'm listening to an album, I need to hear it exactly as it was released. 

I didn't pre-order on itunes but I did buy the t-shirt, clear vinyl and digital download bundle from the official Madonna store. I'll also be getting the Standard and Deluxe CD's...maybe even the tape (just for collectors purposes). I do this because I'm a completist in a lot of ways when it comes to Madonna and I legitimately want to support her all I can!

3 hours ago, Amelia said:

The plan is to make this a slow grower.  I prefer it that way then "wham bam, thank you ma'am".  I don't want for the song and video to come out one week and then once everyone digest it, it disappears forever.  Why can't we let this song simmer for a while, rather see a quick rise, only for it to fall quickly.  I'm not expecting chart success, but it would be nice to see this song hang on for awhile.  There are so many awful songs out there right now, hanging on for months.  Some have been hanging on for more than a year.  How long has "Shallow" been in the top 5/10?   I think with the help of fans we can make this song last longer than a week or two, before it drops out into oblivion. 

There's a plan here.  There's a reason it's not been added to radio.  And let's keep in mind, we've known her past songs being sent to radio, but they won't play her, so why should Madonna pander to those who want nothing to do with her.  I'm surprised she made a deal with MTV.  It's like they forgot Madonna played a huge role in their success.  Then again, they've forgotten why they even existed since music videos rarely are played on their main channel.

I think I agree with you . There is a plan there and hopefully it's a good one. She and her team seem more confident this time and I don't want another GMAYL situaltion where it got to No 10 and sank like a ton of brick the week after . I want Medellin to slowly build and stay in the chart for a looooooong time .

2 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Although I'm sure she'll be doing the 2nd single at Eurovision, we may actually want her to do the song with Maluma after we see that video! If their onstage chemistry is anything like the chemistry on the song, it could make for a hot, memorable performance. I'd think the fact that he's more unknown would be appealing to those that have been grumbling about Nicki Minaj's and Justin Timberlake's the past 10 yrs. 

I'm not sure how all of this will play out, I hope for the best! All I know is that in another place and time, this would've been a classic Madonna reinvention (sound and image) that the public would eat up.....not saying that's NOT going to happen btw but it's no secret it's gonna be a little tougher now than 20-30 yrs ago.

I bet she does La Isla Bonita and phases in Medellín with Maluma as her special guest. 

1 hour ago, Lolasmommy said:

To help her sales? 

Bcz you don’t get the booklet/album artwork with streaming?

Both excellent reasons. I’ll get the iTunes version and the deluxe edition for my collection. Just gotta do it.

Spotify Playlists: 

NMF Mexico with 441k subscribers - #1
NMF USA with 3.1M subscribers - #5 

3.9M views YouTube in 37hours.

It’s funny how that Beyoncé song is #1 on those playlists but it’s flopping on iTunes and YouTube, anyway I’m happy that M is getting some exposure.

46 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Spotify Playlists: 

NMF Mexico with 441k subscribers - #1
NMF USA with 3.1M subscribers - #5 

3.9M views YouTube in 37hours.

It’s funny how that Beyoncé song is #1 on those playlists but it’s flopping on iTunes and YouTube, anyway I’m happy that M is getting some exposure.

why #5? 🙄

at least she's second in the description. after beyawnce of course.

I imagine her team realise it will be a slow build. Both Kylie and Slob's last releases had to build over weeks to become hits.

M's not even in the top 100 of Spotify artists and only in a handful of their charts.

They do need to release a physical is this song I think!

Didn't hear it on radio 2 yesterday either 🙃

2 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

I imagine her team realise it will be a slow build. Both Kylie and Slob's last releases had to build over weeks to become hits.

M's not even in the top 100 of Spotify artists and only in a handful of their charts.

They do need to release a physical is this song I think!

Didn't hear it on radio 2 yesterday either 🙃

A physical single?

that format is so dead. I don’t even think anyone under 30 usually even knows what a cd single *is*. Not only have record stores stopped selling them for over a decade, récord shops don’t even exist anymore in some parts of the world!

1 minute ago, imakicola said:

A physical single?

that format is so dead. I don’t even think anyone under 30 usually even knows what a cd single *is*. Not only have record stores stopped selling them for over a decade, récord shops don’t even exist anymore in some parts of the world!

It's dead to the young but M has an older demographic fanbase and she's huge in the collector market.  Why do you think she's releasing all these physical versions of the album?

GGW basically charted thanks to the pic disc sales. It did nothing in terms of downloads.

Guys, can we make our comment (official as MadonnaNation) on the Medellin (Audio)? 

Have you seen this?  Maluma fan club has their own entry!!!  Let's come up with cool text and make the entry!!!!

Is his team better than us???? I would be disappointed if  Madonna Tribe does it before we do it (sad).

Maluma fans... have their entry on the audio video.....JPG

1 hour ago, peppermint said:

Mine says 3.95 but yeah in an hour it should be accurate 😉

This is a dominant performance from our Queen. Hopefully it rises even higher when the music video drops.

ok, I have a  few questions that maybe somebody here can answer:

-the physical single, yes, the market is dead...but most of madonna fans, or a lot, are more than 30 years old.Are they planning on releasing it? do we know something about the remixes?

-in youtube spain it says that ius number 1 in video trends.It´s the first time that I see this happening with madonna: what about the rest of the countries? is the song on youtube doing well?

-I have bought the song just to help her...but IU´m listening to it on youtube: does it help something towards the charts? I know the new generations are good with this type of shit, I´m really an old school fan here...

-right now medellin is down to number 10 on itunes US, and, I know the market is dead in the USA but... does somebdoy know if all these views/streaming/sales that she is having will help her to have a top 40 entry next week?

-Is all of these counting for the uK or do they have a new rule that is going to fuck madonna on the charts?

-I am surprised with the views that some latin artists have on youtube: are the latin artists so important also on spotify/tidal?

4 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

lol I'm at work and I'm streaming it on Spotify on my mobile and Youtube on my computer XDDD
is there a limit where multiple views from the same user are not counted?

Youtube only counts 1 a day per IP Address, Spotify 10 a day per user.

2 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Youtube only counts 1 a day per IP Address, Spotify 10 a day per user.

Is it true that to keep the song on the top playlists we should keep streaming over 10 times a day or does that do nothing?

17 minutes ago, rekha said:

Is it true that to keep the song on the top playlists we should keep streaming over 10 times a day or does that do nothing?

Ive read you need to actually play the song on the playlist itself. They take songs off playlist if they are skipped or not played as much. Im honestly not sure if Spotify stops counting your streams after 10 a day. I think its just for chart purposes though. 

Just now, dcbyebyebaby said:

Ive read you need to actually play the song on the playlist itself. They take songs off playlist if they are skipped or not played as much. Im honestly not sure if Spotify stops counting your streams after 10 a day. I think its just for chart purposes though. 

Thanks! I've been streaming from the popup playlist. I hope it helps keep her in that one!

I just checked my Spotify and the single artwork isn't listed in the new albums and singles page which is a bit unfortunate. It's only on the playlist. Also no banners etc.

4.1 Mio. on YT actually after 40 hours... is that good? I have no references....and its "only" the audio-video...remembering that BIM was pushed so much on YT?!

YT counts only 1 a day? I listen to it on YT the whole time when im at home because I thought it would be count 😞

6 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

I didn't pre-order on itunes but I did buy the t-shirt, clear vinyl and digital download bundle from the official Madonna store. I'll also be getting the Standard and Deluxe CD's...maybe even the tape (just for collectors purposes). I do this because I'm a completist in a lot of ways when it comes to Madonna and I legitimately want to support her all I can!

I sollute you kurt420 😎

Edited by Frank