STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

13 minutes ago, Kim said:

Yes I noticed that the Radio 2 line was just slipped in there but really it was a non-article about Radio 1 who won't play anyone over 30 nevermind 60.

I wouldn't put it past them to try something shady though. 

We'll wait and see what happens when the official radio date comes along.

I also feel like the UK/Euro discussion needn't be mixed in with the US situation where they jumped ship decades ago radio/chart wise. 

I agree Madonna isn't alone in not getting played on radio 1.

I have just seen your list on A LIST and it's laughable bannarama are straight on it and Madonna isn't but like you say we are yet to have the official radio roll out.

I agree about the UK/euro discussion. For me i think the fact that based on what we know before the album drops in June she is aligning herself with Latin markets with Maluma then with European markets (hopefully next month with the dance song and Eurovision) means potentially she will have 2 recognisable songs that suit the mood perfectly. With the added potential of course of both becoming decent enough hits. 

What annoyed me the most about RH was the fact people simply didn't know she had a new album out, this time it already feels like before June 14th they are going to make sure as many people know Madonna is back with new music, and that's fabulous.

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

Healthy opinion. Of course we all want the song to be a number one but at the end of the day the real joy is enjoying a new Madonna era. No matter what happens. 

I'm sure the song will serve its purpose. Madonna had in mind for months releasing two singles almost at the same time. She knows what she's doing. 

Amen to that. And this era and its inspirations are obviously close to her heart and it shows. I would be thrilled if Madame X were reviewed and revered like ROL and LAP were and are. 

I wouldn't worry too much about it yet. I can't see any malice. It only premiered yesterday. She should, at the very least, get C-list on Radio 2. Someone over at PopJustice who works for the BBC says she's penciled in for Graham Norton again around May/June as well as a seperate primetime special, probably part of the "... at the BBC" strand. So they will give either this, or the next single, a major push. 👍 

Almost 3,2 million views 👍👍👍👍 

I have a good Feeling the song is going to do well !! 🙏

Madame ❌ is ready !! 

Screenshot_2019-04-18-23-44-21.jpg

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

What annoyed me the most about RH was the fact people simply didn't know she had a new album out, this time it already feels like before June 14th they are going to make sure as many people know Madonna is back with new music, and that's fabulous.

Yes that's the most important thing.  I'm not a big radio listener but 9 million people listen to the Radio 2 breakfast show for example. This exposure is invaluable for getting the message of a new album coming out, no matter what happens on the singles chart.

RH was a joke of a roll out in the UK. Limping For Love limped into the C list for a week then dropped. Radio gave Ghosttown a chance (pre video) but had absolutely no record company support to push it.  MDNA might as well not have existed etc

So yes, they better have a strategy in place this time.

3 minutes ago, Braby said:

I wouldn't worry too much about it yet. I can't see any malice. It only premiered yesterday. She should, at the very least, get C-list on Radio 2. Someone over at PopJustice who works for the BBC says she's penciled in for Graham Norton again around May/June as well as a seperate primetime special, probably part of the "... at the BBC" strand. So they will give either this, or the next single, a major push. 👍 

Ohh another graham norton would be brilliant and is the obvious choice for promo in the U.K.

10 minutes ago, Kim said:

It doesn't really matter. BBC is a publicly funded state broadcaster with a remit to provide for every demographic. Radio 2 listeners will be curious/interested in Madonna's latest material and they have a duty to cover it. If not, there's something going on. I mean just look at half the joke acts on that playlist above.

Yes it's bizarre...which I was wondering if the song being in Spanish had anything to do with it 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Samo said:

Yeah Interscope NOT pushing this song, also it's Gaga's record label

It's a disgrace

Did you realize this woman s work is on the eyes of quite  all the human race at 60yo?..still waiting for numbers&awards when she s even  put it on its fucking place behind her while standing at open legs  on the bilboards award stage ? 

And by the way can you hear the cash dropping in her  pockets while some argue about Her spinning on the chart ?

Peace

Just now, idro said:

Did you realize this woman s work is on the eyes of quite  all the human race at 60yo?..still waiting for numbers&awards when she s even  put it on its fucking place behind her while standing at open legs  on the bilboards award stage ? 

And by the way can you hear the cash dropping in her  pockets while some argue about Her spinning on the chart ?

Peace

Bananrama, one hit wonders, and Bryan Adams are getting A listed at Radio 2 and Madonna, biggest selling female artist in history of the world, is being completely ignored

Just now, Kim said:

Yes that's the most important thing.  I'm not a big radio listener but 9 million people listen to the Radio 2 breakfast show for example. This exposure is invaluable for getting the message of a new album coming out, no matter what happens on the singles chart.

RH was a joke of a roll out in the UK. Limping For Love limped into the C list for a week then dropped. Radio gave Ghosttown a chance (pre video) but had absolutely no record company support to push it.  MDNA might as well not have existed etc

So yes, they better have a strategy in place this time.

I do listen to it sometimes on my way to work but otherwise I don't like the radio but like you say it's massive exposure. I agree with everything you've said about  at interscope thus far in the UK. Absolutely terrible roll outs on both of you can call them, campaigns.

Maybe it's the new PR company this time round as already the signals are there for a far healthier attempt at creating commercial success for Madame X......so excited to see how it unveils and I'm majorly excited for single number 2 next month.

Promised myself I wasn’t gonna get caught up in chart performance but I always do... this song is a hit and I really hope it becomes one. 

Just now, Samo said:

Bananrama, one hit wonders, and Bryan Adams are getting A listed at Radio 2 and Madonna, biggest selling female artist in history of the world, is being completely ignored

Do you know how  politics  work ?

1 minute ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

Yes it's bizarre...which I was wondering if the song being in Spanish had anything to do with it 🤷‍♂️

We're probably just jumping the gun a bit. It would make sense to send it to radio shortly after it debuts on streaming but who knows.

1 minute ago, Samo said:

They can't play it if they've not been officially sent it. So why don't you go and spam Interscope's social media and give us peace.

Just now, Bill said:

Promised myself I wasn’t gonna get caught up in chart performance but I always do... this song is a hit and I really hope it becomes one. 

Yes that's why I'm so passionate about it

If it was GMAYL, I wouldn't care

But this song is great

4 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

I'm wondering why holidayguy only posts to Pulse and not here .We need his expertise

He's posting right now in the chart/sales forum....but no one really posts in there 

@Andra I deleted your post - we've just been discussing it for the last 3 pages!

18 minutes ago, Kim said:

It doesn't really matter. BBC is a publicly funded state broadcaster with a remit to provide for every demographic. Radio 2 listeners will be curious/interested in Madonna's latest material and they have a duty to cover it. If not, there's something going on. I mean just look at half the joke acts on that playlist above.

it's too much for me. marshmello, olly, Louis... and not Madonna? ok it's too early, but I really want this song to have decent airplay. I don't mind about charts, but I want people to know she's release something new and fresh. and the radio 2 audience is her audience too

Single not moving in Australia, number 15 iTunes I can't see Australia getting behind this song, I love it but unfortunately no promo or radio play down here. If it isn't in top 10 iTunes now it won't get there.

8 minutes ago, Samo said:

Is that why Bananarama and Bryan are so succesfull nowadays? Just be a little patient ,i think there is a plan now ,we just don't know it yet .Have faith and be calm .If it flops it flops .The important thing is we have a great era before us .Enjoy!!!

I posted a little bit ago in the chart section but she has increased in Apple Music steams in the USA and UK. The source is Kworb and these are rough estimates! These are her current standings...

8B415DCE-E933-4CBC-89E7-ED97170576B9.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Who Is That Girl? said:

Single not moving in Australia, number 15 iTunes I can't see Australia getting behind this song, I love it but unfortunately no promo or radio play down here. If it isn't in top 10 iTunes now it won't get there.

Hopefully will be promoted this time. Have a feeling real promo will happen either during Easter or soon after. This  songs needs promotion from her record company and team.  Nobody even hardly knew MDNA or Rebel Heart were released. Breaks my heart as 4 minutes was a number one smash and was promoted everywhere.  Interscope and Madonna's management have ignored Australia for too long with no promotion and she had always been the biggest superstar here. I still hear her all the time on adult stations such as gold etc and they are promoting her heavily in the 1000 best songs of all time. 

14 minutes ago, mmmike said:

I posted a little bit ago in the chart section but she has increased in Apple Music steams in the USA and UK. The source is Kworb and these are rough estimates! These are her current standings...

If that's ^ true she's stuffed.

1 minute ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Hopefully will be promoted this time. Have a feeling real promo will happen either during Easter or soon after. This  songs needs promotion from her record company and team.  Nobody even hardly knew MDNA or Rebel Heart were released. Breaks my heart as 4 minutes was a number one smash and was promoted everywhere.  Interscope and Madonna's management have ignored Australia for too long with no promotion and she had always been the biggest superstar here. I still hear her all the time on adult stations such as gold etc and they are promoting her heavily in the 1000 best songs of all time. 

Hi Jazzy Jan, the album will do well but the singles have always been the problem since she left Warners, if she was still there (Warners) we would not be having conversations about chart anxiety as she would have healthy promo and radio support, the album all do well. I think leaving Warners was her single biggest career mistake, Madonna is in uncharted territory, pardon the pun, there has never been a superstar of her stauture still releasing daring new original material over 60 years of age and being a woman, the fact that she can still generate the global buzz and have the number 2 iTunes sales single currently is incredible (Beyonce) is number 30 approx. I find that fact extremely interesting but I digress. Madonna needs label support in AUS/NZ otherwise it becomes a case of here today gone tomorrow.

16 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I agree but I do think the new PR company is helping and Madonna obviously has her eye on the prize hiring a mega streaming force like Maluma.

Theres another 8 weeks until June 14th and Madame X dropping. Next week she is starting promo with the Q&A in London and the first music video then in quick succession single number 2 then the massive exposure and press she will get in quick succession again from the Eurovision so the promo campaign from the little we know is set up to be a real good backbone to bring her back to the masses and let everyone know Madonna has a new record out......something seriously lacking with RH.

Interscope haven't just ignored Australia I feel your pain it's the same here in the U.K.were tumbleweed appears when Madonnas new music is usually dropped but this time the stars are aligning.

19 minutes ago, Who Is That Girl? said:

If that's ^ true she's stuffed.

She is not. Just go buy the thing on itunes and pray that radio plays it or she does other promo that make people buy it. Madonna fans are not streamers. The sooner we accept this the better. Even I dont stream spotify.