STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

2 hours ago, sotos8 said:

youtube overall

But it`s not the views of the official Medellin video, they are views of only the song video, not the proper official video which will premiere on April 24. Are those views counted on Hot 100? I think the views must be of official music video. 

Edited by metalissimo

I’m really hoping there isn’t a second single before Eurovision. I’m absolutely addicted to Medellin . I love it . It’s her best lead single since Hung up for sure . It sh**s on 4minutes, gmayl and LFL.  

By the way to all the “fans” on some sites saying  she should call this a buzz single and a flop correct me if I’m wrong but hitting nearly 3M YouTube views WITHOUT a video isn’t too shabby . Does anyone recall was loving for love at same level after 16 hours WITH a video . 

Sorry these “fans” starting to grate me now . I’m not ruining this era over them though

1 minute ago, metalissimo said:

But it`s not the views of the official Medellin video only the song video. Are those views counted on Hot 100? I think the views must be of official music video. 

all streams count

20 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

I thought the song has gone to Radio - isn’t Beats 1 a radio station?

I don't know but it hasn't been added at US radio, again very bizarre, they're not pushing it, Madonna isn't doing radio interviews yet, they're not taking ads in the trades announcing it's radio ad date (that doesn't exist).  

They did the same thing with BIM

Even LFL and GT got a radio.push, and got some play (both peaked at over 10 million impressions)

9 hours ago, imakicola said:

That’s because you pressed pre-order first so it’s too late i think! I don’t know if cancelling the Pre order helps. I was hoping to get everyone to know before it was too late! Oh well. 

I realised it’s because I pay for a month subscription with Apple Music! There are no prices on my iTunes at all!! 

I want to buy it! 😭😭😭

8 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

I’m really hoping there isn’t a second single before Eurovision. I’m absolutely addicted to Medellin . I love it . It’s her best lead single since Hung up for sure . It sh**s on 4minutes, gmayl and LFL.  

By the way to all the “fans” on some sites saying  she should call this a buzz single and a flop correct me if I’m wrong but hitting nearly 3M YouTube views WITHOUT a video isn’t too shabby . Does anyone recall was loving for love at same level after 16 hours WITH a video . 

Sorry these “fans” starting to grate me now . I’m not ruining this era over them though

I LOVE the song but it still won't be a hit anywhere and will be regarded as a flop because there's zero radio support or push at radio from Madonna's camp, sorry if no one wants to hear that but that's the pink elephant in the room

26 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

But it`s not the views of the official Medellin video, they are views of only the song video, not the proper official video which will premiere on April 24. Are those views counted on Hot 100? I think the views must be of official music video. 

It does count towards the Hot 100. Audio videos, lyric videos, live videos, etc. all count. If the views are massive they will definitely get counted. 

8 minutes ago, mtzlplk said:

The only thing they forgot is a well-prepared, beautiful lyric video to coincide with audio... 

I agree! Especially for the non-Spanish speakers! 

8 minutes ago, mtzlplk said:

The only thing they forgot is a well-prepared, beautiful lyric video to coincide with audio... 

Perhaps the plan is the release it on Friday to segway to next weeks video release? As the charting week starts tomorrow. Also maybe radio deal will kick in and streaming playlists (hot hits etc) I pray&hope.... or this is meant to be a promo song only. Who knows. 

I thought Radio 2 had played the song & wasn’t it mentioned on here that a radio station in Italy had been sent the track?

for the us radio play is important for chart success so not sure why radio doesn’t have the song but maybe it’s because she knows radio is reluctant to play her now so she will build a case through purchases/streaming to show radio that the people like her music which will then push them to play it

2 hours ago, peter said:

Okay, I know I risk sounding like a curmudgeon, but ... really, I have tried with this streaming stuff. I have found listening on YouTube to be the simplest way to hear the song I want to hear (Medellín) immediately. Spotify is annoying — it made me listen to a Grace Jones song before Medellín, and then, after I created a playlist with Medellín and some other Madonna tracks, it added a bunch of other songs I don’t want to listen to. And there’s no way to skip them. It remembers where I am on the playlist if I leave it and come back. The official Madonna Medellín playlist is supposed to be all Madonna songs (starting with the new single, ending with BIM) — and Spotify is playing an HQ2 remix of a Toni Braxton song. 

I don’t mean any disrespect to Ms. Jones or Ms. Braxton, btw! But there is a new Madonna single out — that’s what I want to listen to.

I have been trying to listen through streaming so that I help her numbers somewhat (even though I know *all* of my plays won’t count — lol!) .... but really, my experience today makes me want to just listen to the iTunes download. If I wanted to be forced to listen to things I don’t want to hear, I’d turn on the radio...? 

Sorry for sounding spoiled. Rant over.

If you were a premium member @peter (only 10$/month) you could listen what you want, when you want. I opened my spotify, clicked on Medellin and listened to it on repeat, almost all the afternoon.

I used to buy 3-4 albums/month, it cost me more than 10$ I can tell you that. But that's another conversation I guess, :lol:

edit: btw you get a few months free on almost every streaming service when you subscribe for the 1st time. You should try it. 

1 hour ago, ABB2015 said:

I realised it’s because I pay for a month subscription with Apple Music! There are no prices on my iTunes at all!! 

I want to buy it! 😭😭😭

You can buy it through iTunes.

Apple Music is the streaming service. 

6 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

Finally top 10 in US Itunes

Still #11. It should be close though. BTS shot up to #7 but the Jonas Brothers (currently #10) were dropping enough that they should be easy to take down within the next two hours. Post Malone might be easy to take down as well. Ava Max is steady and might start increasing now that it’s morning though so it might take a little longer to pass her?

1 minute ago, BokuNo said:

Still #11. It should be close though. BTS shot up to #7 but the Jonas Brothers (currently #10) were dropping enough that they should be easy to take down within the next two hours. Post Malone might be easy to take down as well. Ava Max is steady and might start increasing now that it’s morning though so it might take a little longer to pass her?

It shows at number 10 for me. Slow and steady, this is good!!

1 hour ago, RyanAnth4 said:

It's ridiculous to call the single "a flop" when there aren't even 24h since it's been released. Lol

1 minute ago, BokuNo said:

It was 10 when i checked  ,now it's 11 again

37 minutes ago, rebelfan2018 said:

Just to compare,  someone knows where the lead single of the last mariah album landed on Itunes charts?

This should be a giggle @horn May know.