STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

Jesus. Is it really.... gasp.... possible..  that she may have this thing show up somewhere in the Hot 100 before all is said and done?

The early momentum is startlingly good.

17 minutes ago, svperstar said:

Jesus. Is it really.... gasp.... possible..  that she may have this thing show up somewhere in the Hot 100 before all is said and done?

I hope they planned for a slow but steady placement on the chart...the video will hopefully boost and we have from now till next week. Hopefully some radios play it a little and/or word of mouth and press starts pushing it 

BTW Are the 2 versions on the Itunes UK chart exactly the same song? Is one a remix?

41 minutes ago, rekha said:

BTW Are the 2 versions on the Itunes UK chart exactly the same song? Is one a remix?

Identical - one is from the Deluxe version and the other is from the Standard version.

4 minutes ago, Carta said:

Identical - one is from the Deluxe version and the other is from the Standard version.

Thanks!

She has hit 2,000,000 views on YT in about 16 hours. I wonder if she can hit 3,000,000 in 24 hours??

3 minutes ago, rekha said:

She has hit 2,000,000 views on YT in about 16 hours. I wonder if she can hit 3,000,000 in 24 hours??

Those numbers are simply incredible. 

Okay, I know I risk sounding like a curmudgeon, but ... really, I have tried with this streaming stuff. I have found listening on YouTube to be the simplest way to hear the song I want to hear (Medellín) immediately. Spotify is annoying — it made me listen to a Grace Jones song before Medellín, and then, after I created a playlist with Medellín and some other Madonna tracks, it added a bunch of other songs I don’t want to listen to. And there’s no way to skip them. It remembers where I am on the playlist if I leave it and come back. The official Madonna Medellín playlist is supposed to be all Madonna songs (starting with the new single, ending with BIM) — and Spotify is playing an HQ2 remix of a Toni Braxton song. 

I don’t mean any disrespect to Ms. Jones or Ms. Braxton, btw! But there is a new Madonna single out — that’s what I want to listen to.

I have been trying to listen through streaming so that I help her numbers somewhat (even though I know *all* of my plays won’t count — lol!) .... but really, my experience today makes me want to just listen to the iTunes download. If I wanted to be forced to listen to things I don’t want to hear, I’d turn on the radio...? 

Sorry for sounding spoiled. Rant over.

Just now, peter said:

Okay, I know I risk sounding like a curmudgeon, but ... really, I have tried with this streaming stuff. I have found listening on YouTube to be the simplest way to hear the song I want to hear (Medellín) immediately. Spotify is annoying — it made me listen to a Grace Jones song before Medellín, and then, after I created a playlist with Medellín and some other Madonna tracks, it added a bunch of other songs I don’t want to listen to. And there’s no way to skip them. It remembers where I am on the playlist if I leave it and come back. The official Madonna Medellín playlist is supposed to be all Madonna songs (starting with the new single, ending with BIM) — and Spotify is playing an HQ2 remix of a Toni Braxton song. 

I don’t mean any disrespect to Ms. Jones or Ms. Braxton, btw! But there is a new Madonna single out — that’s what I want to listen to.

I have been trying to listen through streaming so that I help her numbers somewhat (even though I know *all* of my plays won’t count — lol!) .... but really, my experience today makes me want to just listen to the iTunes download. If I wanted to be forced to listen to things I don’t want to hear, I’d turn on the radio...? 

You should sign up for the 30 day free premium trial so you can just play the song on repeat.

12 minutes ago, peter said:

If you want Spotify for free you have to accept their advertisement (songs) just like regular TV. If you pay (it's very cheap and you can even share the bill with friends or family and pay like 4 euro per month) you can enjoy all directly. 

^ Appreciate the suggestion, friends, but I am not paying for Spotify, sorry. I will save my dollars for Madonna. 

Free trials are always a little annoying, too, because you have to remember to cancel, or they start charging you.

And by the way, I never complained about advertising. I’m complaining about not being able to listen to the music I want to listen to. That’s the whole reason I downloaded the app — for Madonna. Not for an old Toni Braxton remix. (Again, no disrespect to her.) I heard commercials earlier today and that didn’t bother me. I accept they have to pay the bills somehow. But I was at work, using my own data plan to stream, and I couldn’t even listen to the new song more than once from Spotify. So I’m grateful for YouTube.

4 hours ago, svperstar said:

With ZERO radio play?  Nope

I don't get it, it's customary to at least set a radio add date and send the song, hell even Bonnie Raitt still does that but this no radio date/sending to radio thing is truly bizarre...

16 minutes ago, Samo said:

With ZERO radio play?  Nope

I don't get it, it's customary to at least set a radio add date and send the song, hell even Bonnie Raitt still does that but this no radio date/sending to radio thing is truly bizarre...

I thought the song has gone to Radio - isn’t Beats 1 a radio station?

3 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

I thought the song has gone to Radio - isn’t Beats 1 a radio station?

Not a traditional radio station. It's part of Apple Music