STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

16 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

@Stephen the information pinned on page one is incorrect isn't it?

There's a ten play limit per 24 hour period for Spotify and YouTube and possibly other platforms. Constant plays will be discounted.

I thought you were going to update it?

Girl i GOT WORK. I'll update when I can! 

20 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

@Stephen the information pinned on page one is incorrect isn't it?

There's a ten play limit per 24 hour period for Spotify and YouTube and possibly other platforms. Constant plays will be discounted.

I thought you were going to update it?

I don't see anything official that states this. If you can find me a source, I can update. 

13 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Girl i GOT WORK. I'll update when I can! 

That's fine. I thought you said you'd done it. Justwant the best for M! 😜

A couple of people have posted confirmation of the limits in various countries.

Still if we stream on all the platforms that's at least fifty plays a day!

Thanks!

I posted the info about the UK chart limits and it's 100% legit. I've no idea about Billboard. All I could find was a comment made when Harry Styles fans tried rigging his streaming numbers - “Nielsen and its partner data providers have mechanisms in place to protect against this kind of activity,” But they don't give any specific details.

3 hours ago, Kim said:

I posted the info about the UK chart limits and it's 100% legit. I've no idea about Billboard. All I could find was a comment made when Harry Styles fans tried rigging his streaming numbers - “Nielsen and its partner data providers have mechanisms in place to protect against this kind of activity,” But they don't give any specific details.

This!  The Australian info I posted is 100% accurate, too.  Kim, it was also you who mentioned that free streams in Italy don't count, wasn't it? 

1 hour ago, motherandfather03 said:

just enjoy the new music. do any of us really care about charts anymore??

Given the title of the thread you've posted in, I'd say that's a "Yes" 🙂

7 minutes ago, davejr. said:

Let us just forget about charts, that way we can truly enjoy her new music.

How about we let those who want to think about the charts post in this designated chart thread, and those who don't can just ignore it?  :tigger:

The charts don't matter for Madnna. It's all about the tour and legacy. Nobody bags an eye when a new album from U2 or The Rollingstones isn't crazy successful sales wise. It seems as the media loves to compare Madonna to all the pop princesses of the moment and how they are doing on the charts.  Everyone seems to forget that she is MADONNA! As long as she makes music that she is happy wit I'm good! 

8 minutes ago, johnnyt said:

The charts don't matter for Madnna. It's all about the tour and legacy. Nobody bags an eye when a new album from U2 or The Rollingstones isn't crazy successful sales wise. It seems as the media loves to compare Madonna to all the pop princesses of the moment and how they are doing on the charts.  Everyone seems to forget that she is MADONNA! As long as she makes music that she is happy wit I'm good! 

The charts were never important to U2 and The Rolling Stones because they never broke any chart record. Madonna is the queen of charts and mantaining that position is preserving her legacy.

41 minutes ago, johnnyt said:

I agree. I'm in the thread because I do still think it's interesting to follow and of course I wish her all the best with any chart success. Despite her being "Queen Of Pop" or whatever, I still don't think charts are of particular importance when it comes to her these days. Let me backtrack on that just a bit......I do think it's important for her albums to debut fairly high on the charts as if that didn't happen, I'd consider it a sign of trouble. I don't mean she has to fly to #1 but a top ten album debut for her is important as it means at least her dedicated base is buying. That's all we can ask for at this point anything extra is the cherry on top. Regarding the singles chart though, like I said, wish her the best and I'll be the first one in here shouting with glee if she gets even a Top 40 with any of these songs but I don't feel like it's of high importance for her to have a high charting single at this stage. It's just not realistic. For a veteran act like M, I think an era that has good word of mouth is more important than just a high charting single. Yes, a high charting single would contribute to the good word of mouth but it's not necessary for a successful overall era. There are many other ways an era can be defined as successful. Madonna really has no more to prove when it comes to success on the singles charts, nobody that's alive has had anywhere near her success on a worldwide scale when it comes to that. Another hit single is just bragging rights at this point. Hit or no hit, her music career will roll on until she wants it to stop.

I'm gonna be idealistic and optimistic for a moment though. I will be buying single on itunes and I will be streaming on Spotify to support our girl of course! Obvs will pick up a physical CD and vinyl if released (really hope they get back to that w/singles this era).

Let us just imagine real quick that within the next couple of weeks Madonna could very well notch another top 10 at age 60! That's pretty mind blowing to think about....seeing her name among the Ariana's, Cardi B's, Drake's etc that are omnipresent chart presences these days. If anyone can pull it off it will be her. Some may not be thrilled but this is where Maluma could really help bring the goods! I think she's hooked up with him at the absolute perfect time. If all goes well, this could really benefit him just as much as her.

4 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

I'm gonna be idealistic and optimistic for a moment though. I will be buying single on itunes and I will be streaming on Spotify to support our girl of course! Obvs will pick up a physical CD and vinyl if released (really hope they get back to that w/singles this era).

Let us just imagine real quick that within the next couple of weeks Madonna could very well notch another top 10 at age 60! That's pretty mind blowing to think about....seeing her name among the Ariana's, Cardi B's, Drake's etc that are omnipresent chart presences these days. If anyone can pull it off it will be her. Some may not be thrilled but this is where Maluma could really help bring the goods! I think she's hooked up with him at the absolute perfect time. If all goes well, this could really benefit him just as much as her.

Amen to all of this!

4 hours ago, Carta said:

This!  The Australian info I posted is 100% accurate, too.  Kim, it was also you who mentioned that free streams in Italy don't count, wasn't it? 

Yes Carta, it was in a Rolling Stone article about a year ago.

And as for the irritants in this thread, don't even try and tell me that MADONNA doesn't care about selling well (and the resultant chart numbers). And yes, you'll be the first ones to pee your panties if she goes Top 10 or gets a No.1 album.

Since the song comes out today and not Friday - is it better to buy it and stream it more from Friday (cause we only have two days that count for this week right?) One more thing - If I have US apple account but I don’t live in US will my purchase on itunes count for US and will it count at all? 

17 minutes ago, ipex said:

Let's be honest:

- The singles will flop in every market.

- The album will debut in the top 5, then immediately sink like a stone.

- She'll do better on dinosaur formats like physical CDs and LPs than she will on streaming. 

This is how it's been with M for years now, why would it change? If anything, it will be worse than ever this time around. 

Wow, what a ray of sunshine you are. 

17 minutes ago, ipex said:

Let's be honest:

- The singles will flop in every market.

- The album will debut in the top 5, then immediately sink like a stone.

- She'll do better on dinosaur formats like physical CDs and LPs than she will on streaming. 

This is how it's been with M for years now, why would it change? If anything, it will be worse than ever this time around. 

Let’s be honest:

-You’re an Al-Kylieda terrorist. 

-You’re trolling now because you’ve just discovered you that you had your access taken away from Pop Princesses and can’t lurk 24/7 in that slow moving Kylie thread.

-You’re a miserable rubbish ghey who can’t ever get a second date because you don’t clean yourself properly. :sick:

-You get the *FLUSH*

Why are they releasing the video on a Wednesday too? All the views will be split up again.

Both the single and and the video should be released on a Friday.

7 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

+1 Kurt! Hitting the top ten would be so awesome at 60! And the possibility is real!!

1 hour ago, iasonas said:

Why are they releasing the video on a Wednesday too? All the views will be split up again.

Both the single and and the video should be released on a Friday.

I can only assume it's something to do with Easter and for some reason they didn't want to/couldn't change the week of release. They always do self-sabotaging shit like this! 👎