PROMO CALENDAR - so far

and what happens to people that pre-ordered the album from itunes will it transfer to apple music?

2 hours ago, juliebean said:

and what happens to people that pre-ordered the album from itunes will it transfer to apple music?

We will know this Monday ...

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

so what does this mean? can people not get her music of itunes anymore?

It just means that Apple is going to introduce new apps to access music, movies and podcasts separately.  Itunes will no longer exist, but APPLE MUSIC will pick up where Itunes left off.  Let's just hope the transition over won't be a hassle for consumers.  I refuse to pay for an Apple Music subscription to still buy music from them.

1 hour ago, Amelia said:

It just means that Apple is going to introduce new apps to access music, movies and podcasts separately.  Itunes will no longer exist, but APPLE MUSIC will pick up where Itunes left off.  Let's just hope the transition over won't be a hassle for consumers.  I refuse to pay for an Apple Music subscription to still buy music from them.

oh ok. thanks! i also refuse to pay for an apple subscription.

Any news on Pride?....ABC 7 is broadcasting the parade and since she is the ambassador and GLAAD recipient,  album will be out only two weeks so perfect storm/opportunity for cross promotion album/tour/merchandise/Madonna brand!

Not much should change if you use an iphone. Instead of buying songs on the itunes store app and playing them in the music app, you'll buy and play songs in the music app. Much easier to use one app only for music.

There'll be a new app for videos only, but few people must still buy movies and series with Netflix and company anyway.

Just now, jjmor95 said:

Today show interview June 14 with Harry Smith

She really is and what’s great this era , there’s things planned beyond release week . We have pride , interviews , that bloody drag queen video although I’m beginning to think that’s all an enigma , potentially the duet with Anita . It’s all good , promo probably most on point of her entire career  imo 

1 hour ago, RyanAnth4 said:

She really is and what’s great this era , there’s things planned beyond release week . We have pride , interviews , that bloody drag queen video although I’m beginning to think that’s all an enigma , potentially the duet with Anita . It’s all good , promo probably most on point of her entire career  imo 

I don't know, I think the RH promo was better, I think we forget a lot of it.  She was inescapable release week, Howard Stern Show, a whole week on Ellen, Brits, Grammy's, I Heart Radio Awards, Coachella, radio interviews, Jimmy Fallon, Johnathan Ross (full episode,), 2 part Today Show Interview, New York Times, New York Daily News, Time, Out, Us Weekly, Billboard magazine interviews, V, Interview, MOJO, Rolling Stone, Cosmopolitan, Vanity Fair Italia magazine covers, she also did a huge 2 day press junket of interviews where she gave dozens of interviews that aired on every entertainment show all over the world (E, Entertainment Tonight, CNN etc), Madonna as the face of Versace's 2016 ad campaign

So far for MX we got the MTV Interview special, Billboard Music Awards and Eurovision performance, GLAAD media awards, Apple remix thing, Today Show Interview.  Limited magazine coverage, covers of Vogue UK and New York Times magazine, a few radio interviews....

Not much, yet anyway

14 minutes ago, Samo said:

I don't know, I think the RH promo was better, I think we forget a lot of it.  She was inescapable release week, Howard Stern Show, a whole week on Ellen, Brits, Grammy's, I Heart Radio Awards, Coachella, radio interviews, Jimmy Fallon, Johnathan Ross (full episode,), 2 part Today Show Interview, New York Times, New York Daily News, Time, Out, Us Weekly, Billboard magazine interviews, V, Interview, MOJO, Rolling Stone, Cosmopolitan, Vanity Fair Italia magazine covers, she also did a huge 2 day press junket of interviews where she gave dozens of interviews that aired on every entertainment show all over the world (E, Entertainment Tonight, CNN etc), Madonna as the face of Versace's 2016 ad campaign

I do not recall much promo for RH era. This era definitely sticks out much more to me!

This era's promo shits all over the RH promo. This era rocks! 

3 minutes ago, air1975 said:

I do not recall much promo for RH era. This era definitely sticks out much more to me!

This era's promo shits all over the RH promo. This era rocks! 

I just listed all the promo for RH, not to mention the other European TV shows she did, that I didn't list

Again, what has been great about the MX promo so far?

It's ok, and it looks like she's kicking it into high gear after the albums release, but with RH she was everywhere

But that’s the point , with RH she was everywhere and nowhere . I prefer the visuals this time , the look is more prominent , the old school advertising in posters in train stations , there’s 3 full music videos (rh had lfl which was watched by like 3 people) . I know there’s still no chart action but I just think this era is profoundly superior . 

The revealing of the album title via Instagram was a fun way of introducing the era too I thought , everything was planned to the last dot with videos or a single each week and it’s all gone amazing except for Eurovision ( which was her version of the Brits this era ) plus most importantly all the reviews are like 5* or universally acclaimed ( and giving average scores ?!)  the only thing I’m not impressed with is we’ve had 5 songs ( ok 2 official) but no remixes ????? What’s that all about . 2 Medellin ones did great , I’m shocked they’re not peddling a few out for Crave and at least 6 more for Medellin . Anyway 50 hours to go , it’s been 5 long years and I can’t wait 

Edited by RyanAnth4

51 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

But that’s the point , with RH she was everywhere and nowhere . I prefer the visuals this time , the look is more prominent , the old school advertising in posters in train stations , there’s 3 full music videos (rh had lfl which was watched by like 3 people) . I know there’s still no chart action but I just think this era is profoundly superior . 

The revealing of the album title via Instagram was a fun way of introducing the era too I thought , everything was planned to the last dot with videos or a single each week and it’s all gone amazing except for Eurovision ( which was her version of the Brits this era ) plus most importantly all the reviews are like 5* or universally acclaimed ( and giving average scores ?!)  the only thing I’m not impressed with is we’ve had 5 songs ( ok 2 official) but no remixes ????? What’s that all about . 2 Medellin ones did great , I’m shocked they’re not peddling a few out for Crave and at least 6 more for Medellin . Anyway 50 hours to go , it’s been 5 long years and I can’t wait 

LFL had more views than Crave, and Dark Ballet (which I love by the way COMBINED).

Not really "watched by three people"?

MX does seem like a great Album on the positive side of things

1 hour ago, Samo said:

So far for MX we got the MTV Interview special, Billboard Music Awards and Eurovision performance, GLAAD media awards, Apple remix thing, Today Show Interview.  Limited magazine coverage, covers of Vogue UK and New York Times magazine, a few radio interviews....

Not much, yet anyway

BEFORE the album release. Not bad at ALL.

The lack of promo in the US is weird given that this is the week the album comes out. 

Its the country where she has the majority of tour shows. 

....and all that’s happening this week is a Today show interview?  It’s weird. 

Just now, Logan said:

The lack of promo in the US is weird given that this is the week the album comes out. 

Who really cares though. I don't think promo really works anymore. No one watches TV. It's all about the internet and social media. Creating "viral" moments (ugh I hate that stupid overused word but you know what I mean) is what sells albums now. Not Good Morning America. Literally no one cares lol

Just now, Logan said:

it is what it is enjoy what u get