Madame X: Album Discussion

14 minutes ago, Napoléon said:

How are you so confident? Have you heard the album?

6 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

No, I didn't hear the album. Just some random info, sorry.

Your friend heard “I Rise” (legally), though, right, @JohnnyUtah

I was wondering if “I Rise” makes use of Maya Angelou’s poetry or a recording of her voice ... and, if so, perhaps her estate may have needed to grant permission, would’ve needed to hear it, etc.

I was surprised when Google honored Maya not long ago and they had celebrities reading lines from her poem, and I thought it would have been perfect for M to have been involved. Maybe she already had her own homage in the works...

16 minutes ago, ashtangi74 said:

i rise is the last track on the tracklisting right? she has closed all her last albums with an introspective kinda ballad. i'm guessing this will be the same. i dont think i rise is the disco banger.

The song is described as anthemic so I don't think it will be a ballad. It might be something in the same vein as the song Rebel Heart. Who knows?

All will be revealed soon! 😀

9 minutes ago, peter said:

I was wondering if “I Rise” makes use of Maya Angelou’s poetry or a recording of her voice ... and, if so, perhaps her estate may have needed to grant permission, would’ve needed to hear it, etc.

I was surprised when Google honored Maya not long ago and they had celebrities reading lines from her poem, and I thought it would have been perfect for M to have been involved. Maybe she already had her own homage in the works...

Yes, I know a guy who has heard the whole thing, but I don't know about Maya Angelou in the song.

7 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Yes, I know a guy who has heard the whole thing, but I don't know about Maya Angelou in the song.

What about the other songs? Which ones were stand outs, which ones ballads, experimental etc?

12 hours ago, imakicola said:

She is too smart lately to mess this up 

She was born smart. 😉

29 minutes ago, peter said:

I think you could be on the right track Peter!

I assume you are referring to 'Still I Rise? 😀

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Being it was Jason who helped create Ghosttown and the placement of the song on the album , I feel  "I Rise" , might be this sweeping gorgeous ballad with a positive uplifting message about rising to an occasion or rising above all obstacles.  If it's really supposed to be the song performed on Eurovision, an inspirational driven ballad like that could be perfect. 

It is all baffling to me because if she's planning to release a couple of more songs before Eurovision, why is it the song released on May 3rd (reportedly "I Rise"), the song being performed on Eurovision? 

Then again, I know this is all based off of unconfirmed reports and assumptions. 

1 hour ago, dylanciccone_ said:

Keep it to the Kylie section. I like the gal but come on, Madonna would never follow Kylie's promotion strategy. You would have Madonna singing the usual pattern of hits, smiling and giggling, never provoking or offering any insight into her work or the politics of the world. Just rehashing the same performance over and over again with slight variations on it. Madonna's way too much of a polarizing woman to ever be acclaimed. If she did something "age appropriate" the whole "She's finally admitting she's over" followed by the ass-kissing pieces of how she's conformed and aged gracefully in their eyes but if she does her true thing, pissing people off, being herself "She's desperate to remain relevant, culture vulture, etc. etc."

Kylie is a good entertainer. Madonna is a brilliant artist and never the twain shall meet. 

5 minutes ago, peter said:

Yes, exactly. Here’s the Google Doodle I was referring to, which was published on Dr. Angelou’s ninetieth birthday:

http://www.google.com/doodles/dr-maya-angelous-90th-birthday

Wow! Thank you for posting this. 

It's such a powerful piece and beautifully performed.😀

1 hour ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Without giving anything up, did your friend say at least if the album is good/great/amazing etc? ☺

18 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

Without giving anything up, did your friend say at least if the album is good/great/amazing etc? ☺

He loved it and thinks it's a really good album, comparable to her other works with Mirwais but also different, with current sounds. Great or amazing, it depends on each one's taste.

17 minutes ago, Nikki said:

where is this from?

Yeah I don’t understand where these random pics appear out of and then turn out to be official like the album cover...

1 minute ago, Mensch said:

Yeah I don’t understand where these random pics appear out of and then turn out to be official like the album cover...

Apparently (better yet, most likely) from digital stores internals who receive info and press kit ahead of release.

21 hours ago, flexy said:

The song is described as anthemic so I don't think it will be a ballad. It might be something in the same vein as the song Rebel Heart. Who knows?

Anthemic means not a ballad? 🤔

3 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Anthemic means not a ballad? 🤔

I always thought an anthem was more of a ballad 

Just now, Katypatra said:

I always thought an anthem was more of a ballad 

Anthem can be either slow or fast. Songs like the National Anthem (lol) or Hero are slow and anthemic, which Music is an example of a fast anthemic song. So that word doesn't really tell us much. 

21 hours ago, flexy said:

The term "anthemic" doesn't refer to tempo.

The Cambridge English Dictionary defines an anthem as "a song that has special importance for a particular group of people, an organization, or a country, often sung on a special occasion."

An anthemic song is a song "that has qualities that are suitable for an anthem, such as a strong tune and a serious feeling."

4 minutes ago, Msig said:

The Cambridge English Dictionary defines an anthem as "a song that has special importance for a particular group of people, an organization, or a country, often sung on a special occasion."

An anthemic song is a song "that has qualities that are suitable for an anthem, such as a strong tune and a serious feeling."

Yes.. "I will survive" can be described as an anthemic song for LGBT community.

3 hours ago, Msig said:

Oh right. Well you learn something new every day!😀

Of coarse they did say it will be worked at clubs...so perhaps that’s the ‘7 included...a reworked version like DCFMA

it's been well over 20 years...and even without hearing the album I'd say it's time for M to get another AOTY Grammy nod....hell it the bitches TS & LG can get umpteen nominations & wins then it is definitely time for M to finally get her due!!