Madame X: Album Discussion

1 hour ago, rayofgod said:

Pretty sure that was released after the album which changes everything but I'm not here to defend Kylie either way.

Obviously Madonna will get more views regardless of charts/sales. She's global and she's... Madonna.

The point remains though that Kylie had a resurgence of support, positive media attention and therefore exposure in the UK which led to a successful era for her standard - all of which is thanks to a solid marketing strategy and effective management. Madonna could do with the same, that's all.

Kylie has always had a more generic appeal. The UK has always loved her because she is banal. The reason her last album (which was shit IMO) was deemed a HIT is that they relied on scoring minor goals, chart and radio wise,  and then tried to hype the whole sleeper hit vibe - even though it wasnt really true. 

I actually believe you cannot  contrive a Madonna marketing campaign anymore. She polarises people too much. Ultimately she just needs to do what she wants to do, and it ill either hit or it wont. But at least she remains true to herself. She doesnt need a fake hit off the back of it. She has enough already to help her sleep safe.

4 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Even the 1-minute TRAILER of Madame X has more YouTube views than "Golden" (one of its singles) :rotfl:

Golden wasn't a single release. Stop Me From Falling (feat. Gente De Zona) was one, with 14,9 million views. However, that didn't contribute noteworthy charts positions.

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

Are the pre-releases of those four tracks one hundred percent official or no?

No, it seems like iTunes had a slip of info but nothing confirmed, I find it odd since she’s too invested in Medellin promo and the live performance and then this Friday to post: oh and there’s a new song out now!! 

24 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

No, it seems like iTunes had a slip of info but nothing confirmed, I find it odd since she’s too invested in Medellin promo and the live performance and then this Friday to post: oh and there’s a new song out now!! 

Yeah, not official but this the same way the album tracklisting leaked out and that turned out to be right so I tend to believe it.

2 hours ago, Crozzauk said:

1 hour ago, Crozzauk said:

Kylie has always had a more generic appeal. The UK has always loved her because she is banal. The reason her last album (which was shit IMO) was deemed a HIT is that they relied on scoring minor goals, chart and radio wise,  and then tried to hype the whole sleeper hit vibe - even though it wasnt really true. 

I actually believe you cannot  contrive a Madonna marketing campaign anymore. She polarises people too much. Ultimately she just needs to do what she wants to do, and it ill either hit or it wont. But at least she remains true to herself. She doesnt need a fake hit off the back of it. She has enough already to help her sleep safe.

Kylie has always played it safe which does play a part in the warm reception she received but she wasn't even on the radar for years until her most recent album.

My comparison is mostly about Kylies album being a departure from the predictable 'chasing chart hits' concept in the same way I expect Madonna's disco track will be (disco isn't in) and that re-engaging with a neglected demographic and avoiding the 'jumping on trends' narrative (paired with an effective strategy behind it) may well result in a single with radio play,  positive attention and ultimately sales and exposure for the album. (and that Kylie's team did a good job of it)

Most importantly, with the exposure of the Eurovision, she will have attention for whatever new single she performs and won't need to employ a current sound or 'relevant' artist to gain traction (which already harms the reception of any Madonna single upon arrival). I think these factors tie in well if the next single is the disco track.

I agree that Madonna is too polarising to have a completely solid strategy for a commercial peak in 2019 but I believe the above is a realistic option.

1 hour ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

Golden wasn't a single release. Stop Me From Falling (feat. Gente De Zona) was one, with 14,9 million views. However, that didn't contribute noteworthy charts positions.

That is considered a massive flop in latinoamerica.   It was intended to be a mega hit and it didn't happen.

5 hours ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

Golden wasn't a single release. 

I would have expected a forum member with the holy name of a VOGUE REMIX to come up with something better, you know, instead of trying to "correct" a fellow Madonna fan about that annoying talentless giggling clown's release but oh well. 

f5j4jPA.jpg

3UG4gRg.jpg

And here is the AWFUL video that has less views than the Madame X trailer, which you probably (secretly) prefer to "Oh Father":

You can keep your extremely accurate facts to yourself. I don't give a toss if you want to be a scientific industry historian lecturing us on how "It was a "single" and had a music video but technically...not released properly...blablabla". Bye. 

22 hours ago, dollhouse said:

"The disco track" doesnt have any features or duets right? Will a solo Madonna track generate radio play and streams better?

@Kim: ^^ By the look of things, the SUBTLE trolling still finds its way on the forum. A ban would be delightful. 

1 hour ago, Milosc89 said:

Just found this in one of the groups on facebook. They say it comes from a reliable source 😀

8EF8872B-0435-417B-BCD7-8003D55AC488.jpeg

The video description sounds right but not sure it is "I Rise" though, I'm sure a few people said the song was "Killers"...

1 hour ago, Milosc89 said:

Just found this in one of the groups on facebook. They say it comes from a reliable source 😀

😍😍😍😍😍

1 hour ago, Crystal Coffin said:

@Kim: ^^ By the look of things, the SUBTLE trolling still finds its way on the forum. A ban would be delightful. 

OK. What the hell r you talkin about? 

Get off my back already and consentrate discussing about Madonnas new release. Thank you.

On 4/26/2019 at 10:14 PM, Iconic Fetus said:

I find this weird because right now she’s in full mode promoting Medellin and also the performance, for then to release ‘I Rise’ next Friday? It could take some attention from Medellin, but I guess that the main point is to generate conversation about the era/album, maybe they should hold that one for May 10.

I rise may not be a single though. When they were still promoting living for love, they released iconic and Joan of Arc. 

3 hours ago, Milosc89 said:

I hope it’s an accurate retelling of stonewall, with trans women of color, and not the whitewashed version that ended up in the film. I’m sure she will get it right. She is too smart lately to mess this up 

3 hours ago, Milosc89 said:

I believe the 2nd single will be huge for sure and I'm here for Music 2019 Madonna&MIrwais can certainly produce inflections dance beats.

I do believe it will be I Rise and that description sounds authentic. I do believe she will do something more for Stonewall.....it doesn't make sense for her simply to do the NYE speech and that's it now she has been announced as amassador.

40 minutes ago, imakicola said:

I hope it’s an accurate retelling of stonewall, with trans women of color, and not the whitewashed version that ended up in the film. I’m sure she will get it right. She is too smart lately to mess this up 

It says "pay homage"...not create an accurate historical reproduction of...

1 minute ago, BrendanT1993 said:

why is everyone talking about a new single/video for I Rise... I thought it was just a pre-order track?

As far as we know it is it's just rumours I Rise is the next single.

However it is likely, the song is described as an anthem in the press release, we know the video is political and features queens so the title I Rise fits in to that scenario.

5 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

I believe I Rise is a midtempo / uptempo  song, not a disco banger. The song from the L.A. video is more likely to be Killers. 

Perhaps but I Rise has been described as an anthem. 

25 minutes ago, M_Sinner said:

Rise credits: Jason Evigan, Madonna Ciccone & Brittany Talia Hazzard, maybe it's produced by Mirwais?

Who's Jason Evigan? I thought I'd read Mirwais produced ?