Madame X: Album Discussion

20 minutes ago, fandonna said:

an ATRL insider said

My favs from the album include: 

- Future's production reminds me of how they use the horn in (Ariana's) Bloodline. The song is a summery reggae bop. Madonna and Quavo actually sound great and own the song. 

- God Control starts out angelically with a gospel choir and smoothly turns into a disco upbeat fever, after a few gunshots lol. (I Don't Search I Find is the other disco-inspired track left in the album).

- Faz Gostoso (feat. Anitta) is quite interesting with Madonna singing in Portuguese. To me, this song is perfect to be the 1st single, not Medellín, it still has that Portugal vibe but super catchy and danceable. 

My last post about Madame X, and you all know why. 

So Excited

Died and gone to GAY heaven

56 minutes ago, fandonna said:

an ATRL insider said

My favs from the album include: 

- Future's production reminds me of how they use the horn in (Ariana's) Bloodline. The song is a summery reggae bop. Madonna and Quavo actually sound great and own the song. 

- God Control starts out angelically with a gospel choir and smoothly turns into a disco upbeat fever, after a few gunshots lol. (I Don't Search I Find is the other disco-inspired track left in the album).

- Faz Gostoso (feat. Anitta) is quite interesting with Madonna singing in Portuguese. To me, this song is perfect to be the 1st single, not Medellín, it still has that Portugal vibe but super catchy and danceable. 

My last post about Madame X, and you all know why. 

So Excited

WOW thank you, i can't wait to listen the song with batukadeiras

Just read the Vogue interview and the way the interviewer describes the sound and themes of the album is completely different to the 3 tracks we've heard so far. I think we're in for some surprises when we hear Madame X in full!

1 hour ago, domyeyebrows said:

Just read the Vogue interview and the way the interviewer describes the sound and themes of the album is completely different to the 3 tracks we've heard so far. I think we're in for some surprises when we hear Madame X in full!

Does the interview live online?

1 hour ago, alcermag said:

Does anyone think that there are some easter eggs on the photos on the wall?

image.thumb.png.4a2cd43fbd777421c407d15eee1473a5.png

I thought this too but we can't see anything!

1 minute ago, Mat.Guy said:

thought this too but we can't see anything!

Yeah! we can´t see but there are some images that we've never seen, so i'm freaking out about this

It makes sense that God Control is the disco song since she called Mirwais a Disco God.

Cant wait for this!!! I’m happy that we have the promo singles and then there will be 13 new songs to hear.

5 hours ago, Alvarø said:

So guys, God Control is the song that has the video in the theater. I'm curious as fuck to hear it. 👀

It's just your assumption. Let's not get too hyped about it. 

I’m going through a pretty shitty phase in my life right now, so checking these threads every two hours or so is the only thing that’s giving me life really. 

Medellin is the only song I get goosebumps to, but I’m ok with the others - especially Crave, which I think is her best shot at a moderate AC hit in the US. But, you know what, this is the era in which I’m finally coming to terms with the fact that her singles might never chart again BUT THATS OK. 

What she’s done with these songs goes way way beyond trend-chasing. They’re more organic, less in your face, more adult, for lack of a better word. 

As I said, I’m not crazy about IR or C, but it’s the production that keeps me coming back for more. I’m no expert, but the production seems flawless across the board. I keep hearing new nuances with each listen, and COADF was the last time I felt like this. 🙂 

in this new radio interview, madonna talks about the theatre shows and thinking she may do about 70% of Madame X because many of them have that cosy feeling of togetherness she experienced in Lisbon.. which makes me assume that a lot of the music we havent heard yet will be intimate and should be having a lot of live instruments..

https://onwithmario.iheart.com/content/2019-05-10-madonna-checks-in-to-break-down-new-song-crave-with-swae-lee/

7 minutes ago, Nikki said:

in this new radio interview, madonna talks about the theatre shows and thinking she may do about 70% of Madame X because many of them have that cosy feeling of togetherness she experienced in Lisbon.. which makes me assume that a lot of the music we havent heard yet will be intimate and should be having a lot of live instruments..

https://onwithmario.iheart.com/content/2019-05-10-madonna-checks-in-to-break-down-new-song-crave-with-swae-lee/

If she pulls another DWT setlist-wise, people are gonna blow steam, not to mention the outrageous ticket price. I can foresee the disco stomper craving queens throwing a major fit.

3 minutes ago, Kilt said:

If she pulls another DWT setlist-wise, people are gonna blow steam, not to mention the outrageous ticket price. I can foresee the disco stomper craving queens throwing a major fit.

I don't see any reason why this would be the case if the music is good. Add to the fact that these shows will likely have very fan-heavy attendance and I think the energy in the room will prevent it from being that kind of situation. Idk, I really have faith in Madonna this time. Everything seems really organized, unlike the last album/tour cycle which was just flail after flail after flail. Ugh. THANK GOD we've moved on lol.

4 minutes ago, Kilt said:

She chose to do a theatre tour for a reason: she wants intimacy..with all the related consequences.. I like the songs she released so far, but I want to hear the finished product of the snippets that she posted on Instagram. 🙂

52 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

I’m going through a pretty shitty phase in my life right now, so checking these threads every two hours or so is the only thing that’s giving me life really. 

Medellin is the only song I get goosebumps to, but I’m ok with the others - especially Crave, which I think is her best shot at a moderate AC hit in the US. But, you know what, this is the era in which I’m finally coming to terms with the fact that her singles might never chart again BUT THATS OK. 

What she’s done with these songs goes way way beyond trend-chasing. They’re more organic, less in your face, more adult, for lack of a better word. 

As I said, I’m not crazy about IR or C, but it’s the production that keeps me coming back for more. I’m no expert, but the production seems flawless across the board. I keep hearing new nuances with each listen, and COADF was the last time I felt like this. 🙂 

Hugs man

1 hour ago, Kilt said:

I can foresee the disco stomper craving queens throwing a major fit.

They do that no matter what. They cry themselves to sleep clutching their copies of Confessions, hoping they'll wake up in 2005.

tbh i don't care about quavo doing a reggae track, it seems like these new songs (aside from maluma's song) tend to visit rebel heart a lot... i kinda want to be proven wrong but... yeah...

3 hours ago, luizotaviobarros said:

Same, for the most part. The other two songs are meh for me. They're largely forgettable and simply can't match the Madonna/Mirwais magic that shines in "Medellin." I am desperate to hear what else these two have cooked up.w

On 5/3/2019 at 11:22 AM, Mensch said:

Ummm...so it’s looking more and more like a video album. That’s all I can say. Stay tuned...

you hear more about this?

1 minute ago, bitethebeat said:

you hear more about this?

nope. but with Crave, Future (potentially the drag queen video) and all those visuals shot in Lisbon...and each promo song having a visual video that repeats...i'm thrilled!!!!

I'd love it if Maluma dropped his song featuring M and M releases a video with Anitta. I do think we'll get a video for a Mirwais track...maybe Batuka or Dark Ballet...

The album is a month away and has not leaked in full. For me the last album that i heard at the oficial release date was American Life. And the way promo driples , it is so exciting. 

And i think that the sunny side of the album is where the more writers are involved, and there is the deeper , more reflexive, side wich is Mirwais driven.  Extreme occident is already shaping to be a strong acoustic-experimental ballad, and then the second snippet in the Madame X introduction is amazing. This is going to be an epic year.😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

16 hours ago, articunocc said:

tbh i don't care about quavo doing a reggae track, it seems like these new songs (aside from maluma's song) tend to visit rebel heart a lot... i kinda want to be proven wrong but... yeah...

Yeah. I'm getting Rebel Heart Part 2 vibes so far and I hope I'm wrong about that. As much as I liked Rebel Heart, I didn't expect her to repeat herself again.

57 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Yeah. I'm getting Rebel Heart Part 2 vibes so far and I hope I'm wrong about that. As much as I liked Rebel Heart, I didn't expect her to repeat herself again.

I honestly think that’s because we’re getting more exposure to the starrah/mike dean side of things vs the mirwais so it feels a little out of balance with the expectations that were set for the album.  And that’s the double-edged sword of pre-releasing album tracks out of the context of the broader album. It can throw people off unnecessarily. IMO just releasing Medellín and Crave in advance of June 14th would’ve been better, which is why I’m not listening to anything else. I’ll hear the rest for the first time as part of the album. 

On 5/9/2019 at 8:44 PM, JWAD said:

Is this not the image that is rumoured to be the back cover to the album?Screenshot_20190509_204433.jpg

I actually love this. Such a powerful image. A woman owning her sexuality. Power and feminininity which are often not associated with eachother, yet should be.