Madame X: Album Discussion

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

We’re the luckiest fan base ever. I’ll never stop saying it. Her peers are either doing residencies, covers albums, hits medleys, infomercials, or dead. Madonna is a creative, ever-changing force. And it drives people insane.

Definitely!!!

1 minute ago, Shane said:

So do you guys think Madame X will bring dance tracks? Ballads? Experimental Altenadonna? Upbeat pop? Will we get it all on this album?

Definitely ballads!!

16 minutes ago, Shane said:

So do you guys think Madame X will bring dance tracks? Ballads? Experimental Alternadonna? Upbeat pop? Will we get it all on this album?

I think the most exciting part of a first single like Medellin is that we have no idea what’s in store. Surely she didn’t record a breezy Latin-infused full record? Or did she? 

For the first time in a long time we have no idea what’s in store, other than perhaps a disco song as a second single. 

12 minutes ago, Phineaspoe said:

I think the most exciting part of a first single like Medellin is that we have no idea what’s in store. Surely she didn’t record a breezy Latin-infused full record? Or did she? 

For the first time in a long time we have no idea what’s in store, other than perhaps a disco song as a second single. 

Just makes the beginning of this era feel very mysterious 

I'm all for it.....

34 minutes ago, Shane said:

So do you guys think Madame X will bring dance tracks? Ballads? Experimental Alternadonna? Upbeat pop? Will we get it all on this album?

There will be everything for everyone. A lot of experimental alternadonna, new rythms, edgy songs, but also some really good pop tracks in a classic Madonna fashion. And acoustic-donna, which is something I love. This album is going to be outstanding, no wonder Madonna and Mirwais seem so proud and confident of it.

I'm not going to preach about leaks, because I downloaded Rebel Heart as soon as I could (I wasn't strong enough to resist)--but how amazing is it to be surprised? It was such a wonderfully nostalgic feeling to watch the video premiere on MTV (on my TV, not phone/computer) and not have any idea what was coming (or people's opinions). It's so much more exciting to have a slow, deliberate roll-out. Especially for one of Madonna's (impression so far) most creative and involved projects. 

Cannot wait to hear new songs slowly in the coming weeks!

Bruce Springsteen is releasing a new album on June 14, his last 4 albums hit #1 in US

tenor.gif?itemid=11143024

Fuck the charts, I'M CRAZY ABOUT THIS ERA ALREADY!

I rise is released in 1 week?

20 minutes ago, M_Sinner said:

Bruce Springsteen is releasing a new album on June 14, his last 4 albums hit #1 in US

tenor.gif?itemid=11143024

Fuck the charts, I'M CRAZY ABOUT THIS ERA ALREADY!

His last album debuted with 99k in its first week. And has sold 215k total. Rebel Heart did more first week and has sold more total. If she does tour bundles she should be ok. 

2 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

His last album debuted with 99k in its first week. And has sold 215k total. Rebel Heart did more first week and has sold more total. If she does tour bundles she should be ok. 

Exactly. Did Madonna release a new album the same day that any of his previous four albums were released and hit number 1? Nope. Next...

I’m not sure I will listen to I Rise before June 14th.  I will listen to all of the other pre-release tracks as Madonna intends us to. However, I don’t like the idea of hearing the album closer before release date. Not sure why.

15 minutes ago, Shane said:

I’m not sure I will listen to I Rise before June 14th.  I will listen to all of the other pre-release tracks as Madonna intends us to. However, I don’t like the idea of hearing the album closer before release date. Not sure why.

I agree. It completely ruins the experience. Before Dido released her album “Still On My Mind”, she released a random song each week. Of course I jumped unto those songs, listening the crap out of them. But when the album released in full, I was confused about the vibe. Some songs were completely new, while others were not. It was weird trying to accept the album as “new”, when it half already felt “old”. It also messed with the order of the songs my brain got used to. It’s hard to explain but bottom line, I’m never doing that again. I’ll wait till the album is released in full before listening to any more songs. The only one more song I will listen to is the one M will perform at Eurovision. 

P.S. the song “I Rise” is a concluding track to the album. No way in hell will I ruin that experience! I wouldn’t wanna finish a brand new album with a song that I’ve already heard. 

2 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

I agree. It completely ruins the experience. Before Dido released her album “Still On My Mind”, she released a random song each week. Of course I jumped unto those songs, listening the crap out of them. But when the album released in full, I was confused about the vibe. Some songs were completely new, while others were not. It was weird trying to accept the album as “new”, when it half already felt old. It also messed with the order of the songs my brain got used to. It’s hard to explain but bottom line, I’m never doing that again. I’ll wait till the album is released in full before listening to any more songs. The only one more song I will listen to is the one M will perform at Eurovision. 

Good strategy, I think I’ll go with this too. Unless she performs it live or there’s a music video that’s out there being promoted I’m not going to listen to anything more until June 14th 

Just now, strictmachine said:

Good strategy, I think I’ll go with this too. Unless she performs it live or there’s a music video that’s out there being promoted I’m not going to listen to anything more until June 14th 

Yes cuz it’s not any different from leaks if you think about it. Plus, June 14th is really just around the corner. We waited for 4 years, we can wait for 3 weeks. 

3 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

I agree. It completely ruins the experience. Before Dido released her album “Still On My Mind”, she released a random song each week. Of course I jumped unto those songs, listening the crap out of them. But when the album released in full, I was confused about the vibe. Some songs were completely new, while others were not. It was weird trying to accept the album as “new”, when it half already felt old. It also messed with the order of the songs my brain got used to. It’s hard to explain but bottom line, I’m never doing that again. I’ll wait till the album is released in full before listening to any more songs. The only one more song I will listen to is the one M will perform at Eurovision. 

P.S. the song “I Rise” is a concluding track to the album. No way in hell will I ruin that experience! I wouldn’t wanna finish a brand new album with a song that I’ve already heard. 

Great post. I am following this tip

5 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Great post. I am following this tip

I think the best way to listen to a brand new album is on an airplane 😂 Not even kidding. Because you’re in a place of absolute no control. All you can do is sit tight in your seat. So all of your focus is on the music. That’s also why movies are so good when flying. Especially if you’ve never seen the movie or heard the music before. 

I understand people who doesn't want to listen to anything before the whole album is released, but honestly, I'm too weak to live through May-June knowing that 4 new Madonna songs are out there and I haven't listened to them yet . Also, from what I've been told, "I Rise" is wonderful, so I can hardly wait til next friday.

Just now, JohnnyUtah said:

I understand people who doesn't want to listen to anything before the whole album is released, but honestly, I'm too weak to live through May-June knowing that 4 new Madonna songs are out there and I haven't listened to them yet . Also, from what I've been told, "I Rise" is wonderful, so I can hardly wait til next friday.

hmm...

1 minute ago, JohnnyUtah said:

It has been described as an anthem and I think it's the Eurovision song and the 2nd single that was shot in February.

I think it will be the bigger hit than Medellin.

I think I’ll stick to my usual in listening to the whole album on release day . It’s the way I always do it . I was even the only person in the world that did this for Rebel heart , didn’t listen to any leaks . Actually lie , I did listen to Avicii heart . But unless Medellin is abandoned ( I don’t want it to be btw) and she launches new one at Eurovision I’ll be waiting til The Day . 

Its one of those beautiful pleasures in life , I’ve experienced since true blue . Bought Madonna and like a Virgin well after release dates. The only time I was ever disappointed on day 1 was Hard Candy , it never grew on me either , remains her all time worst but anyway back to Madame X . I too, am wondering will it be Latin , dance or ballad heavy . I’m sure it will be amazing that’s for sure , really good feeling about it 

Just now, Confessit said:

It has been described as an anthem and I think it's the Eurovision song and the 2nd single that was shot in February.

I think it will be the bigger hit than Medellin.

"Wonderful, precious and catchy" are some of the things I've heard about the song. It definitely seems to me like single material and a future fan favourite (and it was remarked as a highlight of the album in the official store; even there's a 7'' vinyl), but I don't know if it's the song from the L.A. video back in February.