Madame X: Album Discussion

11 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

That's exactly my favourite part and also the ending, that "ven, ven, ven" on repeat gives the song a great ending. I am sure the video would do the justice of the song even more. 

Yes!! The ending gets me every time.

4 hours ago, V.K said:

If I was a mod I'd flush all of you snide bishes, you bring the fascist out of me and I'm not even sorry 

That's exactly what M despises the most at people. 

40 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

Yeah total fake... As if she’d have the songwriters listed for each song on the back cover?! 

Well, Rebel Heart had no credits at all, so maybe she's trying to over-compensate. lol

4 hours ago, peppermint said:

Likewise!! Actually I meant more than a minute shorter than the album version

3:51 versus 4:58

Great. I do think the edit could be tighter and make the song really snap!

But do they still send out promo CDs?

11 hours ago, mrsmith said:

I agree unfortunately. The track starting and stopping doesn’t allow for club play either (until a remix comes out). Funnily enough I think that was the one of the issues American Life had as a single.

I don’t think any DJ would play the album or radio versions of a song in a club anyway, for any songs. Always remixed before, or with added beats if the DJ is actually spinning live, and played faster. Basically any song can be played in clubs with the good remix. I remember when gay clubs were playing Adele song remixes years ago.

Ghosttown and BIM are not club bangers but gay clubs kept playing remixes in 2015, at least here in Toronto. I’m sure that will be the same with Medellin. And i bet the verses will be the best part of the remixes.

9 hours ago, vertigokane said:

It’s irritating that the standard some folks use for whether or not a song is “good” is if it’s a “club banger.” Madonna’s discography is much more diverse than than that. That aside, Medellín has more hooks in it than a tackle and bait store (slow down papi, one-two-cha-cha-cha) all of which can be remixed by any DJ worth his salt. 

Yes. This. 

Yes, the album roll out is absolutely perfect. Promo, release, use of different platforms - just perfect.

I’m also convinced that the album will be a very personal one, with different songs and videos telling us the story of Madame X/Madonna in a very lyrical and metaphorical way.

The months/year ahead will be truly special for us Madonna fans and we must enjoy it to the most. This is a really special project.

19 hours ago, tuckeye said:

anyone know if the box set cassette tape is same as regular cassette tape but just with different cover art?

It’s the standard edition cassette (so 13 tracks).

On 4/23/2019 at 11:14 AM, FreeMySoul said:

I'm loving every bit of it. She has gone above and beyond every expectation that I had so far and I think we should really be enjoying it as well as appreciating her. We are so lucky she is still doing this to this extent with all her passion and not just putting out an album just to meet contractual obligations. Enjoy the ride because this won't last forever.

It's sadly true how this won't last forever. So be greatful and enjoy every minute. Mi amore!!  Cha cha cha! 

There are a couple of other songs titled "Come Alive" -- from the greatest showman soundtrack and by chromeo -- that I really like.  They are very euphoric, so I hope this is like Ray of Light level euphoric.

12 minutes ago, Nikki said:

OMG I want this!

8 hours ago, Nikki said:

Wow fascinating!!! 

10 hours ago, Nikki said:

AWESOME! First photgraph is by Henri Cartier-Bresson. The naked freedom fighter with the bow is from a German video and performance artist called Ulrike Rosenbach.

12 minutes ago, Dr Lecter said:

So it’s  Madame X and Bruce Springsteen with new albums out the same day then ?

Yep. That race for the #1 spot is going to be very tight.

Just thinking about the overwhelming excitement of that red X appearing on her instagram a few weeks ago to today, and how much we still have to look forward to.  That X was marketing genius.  It's truly amazing to be a Madonna fan.  How lucky are we??

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Just thinking about the overwhelming excitement of that red X appearing on her instagram a few weeks ago to today, and how much we still have to look forward to.  That X was marketing genius.  It's truly amazing to be a Madonna fan.  How lucky are we??

We’re the luckiest fan base ever. I’ll never stop saying it. Her peers are either doing residencies, covers albums, hits medleys, infomercials, or dead. Madonna is a creative, ever-changing force. And it drives people insane.

23 minutes ago, Shaun said:

We’re the luckiest fan base ever. I’ll never stop saying it. Her peers are either doing residencies, covers albums, hits medleys, infomercials, or dead. Madonna is a creative, ever-changing force. And it drives people insane.

i won't be surprised if M chooses to do residencies around the world this time around