Madame X: Album Discussion

2 minutes ago, svperstar said:

Some people really need to save this sanctimonious "can't say anything negative" crap. Y'all have been shit talking her for years. Fact of the matter is that she has released a song that has been VERY well received thus far and the first thing that you do is come in to kill the party.

Let the fans enjoy this moment instead of negating it.

I'm loving every bit of it. She has gone above and beyond every expectation that I had so far and I think we should really be enjoying it as well as appreciating her. We are so lucky she is still doing this to this extent with all her passion and not just putting out an album just to meet contractual obligations. Enjoy the ride because this won't last forever.

One song doesn't judge the whole album, so If you don't like Medellin, just wait for some other tracks or stop being her fan!

3 hours ago, zephyralexxx said:

All my friends, younger and older ones, said the song is weak from a first come-back single after 4 years. I don't dislike it, I love the chorus very much, but I am sure this is happening because of the verses: they are too slow compared to the chorus and bridge. It's like a disconnection of the track. But anyway, hope that the 2nd single will be stronger. Maybe this is a strategy. 

I agree unfortunately. The track starting and stopping doesn’t allow for club play either (until a remix comes out). Funnily enough I think that was the one of the issues American Life had as a single. I still count die another day as the first single because that was stellar!

Madonna’s last strong first single was 4 minutes. Her last connection with Warner Bros. I don’t think that’s by accident. They really seemed to push her for the right songs to release (ie; 4 minutes over candy shop, Vogue not being a b-side etc).

I don’t think Madonna is the best judge of character for releasing her own singles.

Regrdless, I know the album will be great and I’m so excited to hear it. 

Edited by mrsmith

26 minutes ago, svperstar said:

Some people really need to save this sanctimonious "can't say anything negative" crap. Y'all have been shit talking her for years. Fact of the matter is that she has released a song that has been VERY well received thus far and the first thing that you do is come in to kill the party.

Let the fans enjoy this moment instead of negating it.

I love the song! And I'll love it more after the video is released. I am sure of it. I didn't kill anything and anyone. 

8 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

One song doesn't judge the whole album, so If you don't like Medellin, just wait for some other tracks or stop being her fan!

Medellin is such a misunderstood song, I really believe in time M fans will grow to love it and see just how important it is in M's discography. This is not a throw away like GMAYL. Listen to the lyrics and how reflective they are. Remove Maluma if you have to and just listen to Madonna. 

5 minutes ago, mrsmith said:

I agree unfortunately. The track starting and stopping doesn’t allow for club play either (until a remix comes out). 

Madonna’s last strong first single was 4 minutes. Her last connection with Warner Bros. I don’t think that’s by accident. They really seemed to push her for the right songs to release (ie; 4 minutes over candy shop, Vogue not being a b-side etc).

I don’t think Madonna is the best judge of character for releasing her own singles.

Regrdless, I know the album will be great and I’m so excited to hear it. 

Don't say it again... You'll be negative, you'll kill the party. 

I am sure the album is brilliant. I can only feel it by hearing that "life is a circle" snippet. 

You'll hear 4 more songs before the album drops. I think it's a little bit too early to dislike the album. I took her 4 fvcking years to release this album, so give her and her songs a chance.

3 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

Medellin is such a misunderstood song, I really believe in time M fans will grow to love it and see just how important it is in M's discography. This is not a throw away like GMAYL. Listen to the lyrics and how reflective they are. Remove Maluma if you have to and just listen to Madonna. 

I totally agree!!! It’s such an interesting song. A great album opener! But as a first single is what people are questioning? At this point in her career I’m happy that Madonna is doing what she wants, and everything about this era so far has been perfection! I think most fans are excited about this cd like non other!! A great feat to have! I know this album will rock and I’m still hoping for videos for all the songs!!! ( a boy can dream right?) hehehe

The song is a South American hype single for her huge stadium tour there.  Thats my thoughts. No way they didnt at least talk about promoting a South American tour before the era. Perhaps the disco song is more "single worthy" but they know what they are doing.  

3 hours ago, zephyralexxx said:

I don't dislike it, I love the chorus very much, but I am sure this is happening because of the verses: they are too slow compared to the chorus and bridge. It's like a disconnection of the track. But anyway, hope that the 2nd single will be stronger. Maybe this is a strategy. 

I hear the disconnect as intentional. Her verses are her reflecting, and everything else is the fantasy playing out. So she reflects and the pace is kind of slow, kind of nostalgic, but playful... and then it’s like we are swept away in the fantasy, he comes in, ready to wow her and the song picks up, building into the joyous chorus, and her sweet memory of the 1-2 cha cha (which is why it’s whispered, almost like it is her secret key to that fantasy/memory)... You’ll notice that many reviews point out that this is too sophisticated to classify it as “just” being a reggaeton song, and I think they are right. 

I deleted your first sentence about your friends from the quote above because seriously no one cares. It’s tiresome. It’s hearsay. That’s the point imo, not that you can’t say anything that’s not pro Madonna. 

So a track isn't good enough because "some friends" can't get into it (as if you can get into any current song with first listen), friends who 9/10 times wouldn't give her a chance anyway as they've already been negatively predisposed towards her, victims of the relentless media propaganda against her this past decade? Providing this is true at all. Or because it's not suited for clubs?! Jeez, I can't at this absurdity 

If I was a mod I'd flush all of you snide bishes, you bring the fascist out of me and I'm not even sorry 

13 minutes ago, V.K said:

So a track isn't good enough because "some friends" can't get into it (as if you can get into any current song with first listen), friends who 9/10 times wouldn't give her a chance anyway as they've already been negatively predisposed towards her, victims of the relentless media propaganda against her this past decade? Providing this is true at all. Or because it's not suited for clubs?! Jeez, I can't at this absurdity 

If I was a mod I'd flush all of you snide bishes, you bring the fascist out of me and I'm not even sorry 

Exactly. Some people in here don’t like it (fine) and use the typical friends-non fans reaction excuse. Who f*cking cares? 

Medellín is perfect the way it is. Slow-Maluma parts, everything. That’s what make it unique and fresh. 

Take your pissing somewhere else. 

I like Medellín, is such a soothing warm prelude to something glorious I feel. Very pleasant, in a sea of mainstream turdy flat sound bites, Medellín delivers a much needed ray of sunshine, in my opinion. Have also played it adding a 1.25+ speed, works magically, probably better than the normal speed. Controversial speeding-up aside, I cannot wait to hear the full deluxe album.

Good era upon us!

Cheers

2 hours ago, V.K said:

Um don't you think you're overreacting? Who cares what another poster says.. He "brings out the fascist" in you..?

Wow...wtf lol

4 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

Exactly. Some people in here don’t like it (fine) and use the typical friends-non fans reaction excuse. Who f*cking cares? 

Medellín is perfect the way it is. Slow-Maluma parts, everything. That’s what make it unique and fresh. 

Yes.  If fans here don't like it, well that it their own view and entitled to it.  Am always interested in Madonna fans views as long as every single view posted is not negative about everything. But never see the point in discussing what friends or haters think of a new song as just seems like a further excuse to criticise the song as some kind of back up.  

3 hours ago, Ven Conmigo said:

Are these supposed friends whom we don’t know at all registered here and posting here? Why should we care what they think? 

Yes.  I am not interested in an opinion of the song from friends of mine that don't care for her.   We have so many incredible Madonna fans here to discuss this with who are actually interested in music and can discuss the song in detail with. 

3 hours ago, pjcowley said:

I like Medellín, is such a soothing warm prelude to something glorious I feel. Very pleasant, in a sea of mainstream turdy flat sound bites, Medellín delivers a much needed ray of sunshine, in my opinion. Have also played it adding a 1.25+ speed, works magically, probably better than the normal speed. Controversial speeding-up aside, I cannot wait to hear the full deluxe album.

Good era upon us!

Cheers

Definitely,  it is a prelude to a glorious album ahead. 

3 hours ago, vertigokane said:

It’s irritating that the standard some folks use for whether or not a song is “good” is if it’s a “club banger.” Madonna’s discography is much more diverse than than that. That aside, Medellín has more hooks in it than a tackle and bait store (slow down papi, one-two-cha-cha-cha) all of which can be remixed by any DJ worth his salt. 

The contrasting verses and chorus makes this so unique.  Love that is not the same as so many songs out there.  The hooks are there as is the sentimental dreamy verses and the seductive beats of the chorus.  

I love medellin. The only thing i dont like is that the chorus part "si te enamoro" sounds very loopy, autotuned and  of low quality. As if the sound level was to high.  

4 hours ago, V.K said:

This line cracked me up!!!  :dead::dead::dead:

18 minutes ago, Miphiwart said:

I love medellin. The only thing i dont like is that the chorus part "si te enamoro" sounds very loopy, autotuned and  of low quality. As if the sound level was to high.  

That's my favorite part of the song! It's what makes me listen to it over and over again

4 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

That's my favorite part of the song! It's what makes me listen to it over and over again

Me too! And the cha cha part. But just the three words 'si te enamoro' they Sound weird to me.

24 minutes ago, Miphiwart said:

That's exactly my favourite part and also the ending, that "ven, ven, ven" on repeat gives the song a great ending. I am sure the video would do the justice of the song even more.