Madame X: Album Discussion

23 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I have a feeling the rehearsals are for much more than just that performance.

She's gonna go the same route as she did for the Confessions promo tour in terms of rehearsals. She had that huge stage set up in the IG stories, only to rehearse for Medellin? It doesn't make sense.

2 hours ago, tresdrole said:

Btw if you like fashion you should follow this account that tells you what Madonna is wearing. Even Madonna’s stylist Arianne Phillips followed the account cuz they get everything right 

the fashion this era is so on point. So high budget 

https://instagram.com/madonnaoutfits?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1szlscdobbon2

Thank you. That's a great find and I finally know where the blue costume with the apple cutting comes from!

Random thoughts:

The trailer for the album is so visually and thematically stunning that I feel we are in for a real treat with the music videos to come.

Does anyone think that each of the songs corresponds to one of Madame X’s disguises/personas?  Maybe this has already been discussed. It would make sense since the first one listed is cha cha instructor which fits somewhat with Medellín.

Madonna tends to end her albums with orchestral, cinematic ballads or more experimental tracks so I’m not one hundred percent on I Rise being the dance track.  But the surprise and not knowing is half the fun.

44 minutes ago, Shane said:

Random thoughts:

The trailer for the album is so visually and thematically stunning that I feel we are in for a real treat with the music videos to come.

Does anyone think that each of the songs corresponds to one of Madame X’s disguises/personas?  Maybe this has already been discussed. It would make sense since the first one listed is cha cha instructor which fits somewhat with Medellín.

Madonna tends to end her albums with orchestral, cinematic ballads or more experimental tracks so I’m not one hundred percent on I Rise being the dance track.  But the surprise and not knowing is half the fun.

It certainly seems that way as she did lots of filming over the last several months. But I agree with you, the fun is in the guessing.☺

4 hours ago, Andyrs said:

Maybe Mirwais produced ''I Rise'' too? But I doubt it, he's not on the writing credits for this song

Billboard is rumoured to have produced this track. 

6 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

Billboard is rumoured to have produced this track. 

I’m kind of assuming that the starrah tracks were all produced by billboard, which is definitely intriguing, but I’m still hoping that mirwais had his hand in a few as well

I checked on wikipedia, no other famous acts will be releasing new albums on June 14, 2019 so Madame X will have no competition and surely will debut at no.1 on Billboard 200 album charts and become Madonna's 9th no.1 album. Her first no.1 album in 7 years in the US.

1 hour ago, metalissimo said:

I checked on wikipedia, no other famous acts will be releasing new albums on June 14, 2019 so Madame X will have no competition and surely will debut at no.1 on Billboard 200 album charts and become Madonna's 9th no.1 album. Her first no.1 album in 7 years in the US.

Ah that’s good news, hopefully the same for the UK, im beyond excited for the new album and so much more to come before its release, the good times are here 😊.

We are all excited for the return of Mirwais who co-wrote/produced a majority of this album but...

I cannot wait to hear "Come Alive" who was co-written & produced by Jeff Bhasker, he was been involved in some great tracks.

Diplo's "Future" sounds like it's gonna be a mashup of "Unapologetic Bitch" & Beyonce's "Hold Up" which is exciting since it's said to have a Jamaican dancehall vibe. 

Also Jason Evigan who co-wrote "Ghostown"  also wrote " Crazy" & "I Rise" for this album. 

The reworked versions of Blaya's "Faz Gostoso Ft Anitta" & Pharrell's RH Demo "Back That Up" should be interesting too. 

So the producers of this album are : Mirwais Ahmadzai, Billboard, Mike Dean, Edgar Barrera, Diplo & Jeff Bhasker that we know of. 

8 hours ago, Shane said:

That's my theory as well.

2 hours ago, Alfastar said:

Ah that’s good news, hopefully the same for the UK, im beyond excited for the new album and so much more to come before its release, the good times are here 😊.

Hopefully Madame X will hit no 1 on UK chart and become her 13th no 1 album breaking her own record for the most no 1 albums for solo female act. 

3 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

Hopefully Madame X will hit no 1 on UK chart and become her 13th no 1 album breaking her own record for the most no 1 albums for solo female act. 

Yeah she can do it especially with her army of dedicated fans to get her there, mind you we already know she’s number1 in our hearts.

I have a doubt to resolve, I really need to know, if anybody has infos about ... didn't M started to work with Nakhane and Dino D'Santiago around the spring - summer months? Somebody also talked about Ibeyi. I was so enthusiastic for these collabs, I was really waiting to hear  how their sound would have got into her new music and now I don't find any of their names among featurings, authors or producers. They seem to have disappeared.

Were those collabs never really in the work? Still I remember D'Santiago talking about it in the Italian Vogue September Issue, where a 2018 release was also hypothesized? Or are the voices that presume she choose or had to change her path during the autumn months true?

@Mensch, @robster, your clues during these months always turned out to be accurate: do you have any info you can share with us about it? I would really really like to know if some stages of these collabs ever existed. Thanx  😉

3 minutes ago, Stefo said:

I have a doubt to resolve, I really need to know, if anybody has infos about ... didn't M started to work with Nakhane and Dino D'Santiago around the spring - summer months? Somebody also talked about Ibeyi. I was so enthusiastic for these collabs, I was really waiting to hear  how their sound would have got into her new music and now I don't find any of their names among featurings, authors or producers. They seem to have disappeared.

Were those collabs never really in the work? Still I remember D'Santiago talking about it in the Italian Vogue September Issue, where a 2018 release was also hypothesized? Or are the voices that presume she choose or had to change her path during the autumn months true?

@Mensch, @robster, your clues during these months always turned out to be accurate: do you have any info you can share with us about it? I would really really like to know if some stages of these collabs ever existed. Thanx  😉

I believe the bonus track „Funana“ is going to feature Dino. And maybe he and Nakhane will provide backing vocals on some other tracks.

20 hours ago, alcermag said:

What do you think is the name of this song? O do you think this made it into the album? It could be future?

I have been thinking about that too, what is this song and does it come to the album..this song sounds so good! 

1 hour ago, Stefo said:

I’m out of the loop at the moment. I think maybe Met Gala info will be coming if she indeed goes this year which I’m sure she will! 

5 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

So "Back That Up To The Beat" is a bonus track..... 

M-Dolla is alive.

evil-smile.gif

That’s the pink rosé and lemon drop song isn’t? 

What if the Diplo song is also from the RH sessions?

34 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

That’s the pink rosé and lemon drop song isn’t? 

What if the Diplo song is also from the RH sessions?

It sure is! As much as I enjoyed the demo and am curious to hear what the “finished product” sounds like, I kinda wish she would’ve left that project in the past and stuck to the new stuff she’s created since then.