Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion


Braby
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, zephyralexxx said:

Never thought we'll see the day when Bruce Springsteen is a threat to M. And to tell you the truth, I am sure that most of the M big haters are buying 1 copy or streaming Springsteen album to block M. 

Completely agree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Crux said:

Completely agree.

I think itll be Bruce he'd have been a lot of people's father's Day gifts! Like Sam Smith on mother's day when RH was out. Interesting radio 1 don't play old artists and will have to read those out as the top2!! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Danmacevents said:

I think itll be Bruce he'd have been a lot of people's father's Day gifts! Like Sam Smith on mother's day when RH was out. Interesting radio 1 don't play old artists and will have to read those out as the top2!! 

 

Isn't it ironic? 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, smirnoff_ice said:

I really don’t know what the hell that was about. The most pointless promo one can imagine. No singing, no tv recording, nothing. 

I think it was just something nice for fans, she has to do things she enjoys as well, its like the sound check competition it's not going to equate sales it's just fun. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

I think itll be Bruce he'd have been a lot of people's father's Day gifts! Like Sam Smith on mother's day when RH was out. Interesting radio 1 don't play old artists and will have to read those out as the top2!! 

 

Had completely forgotten about father's day. :wacko: That might have helped Bruce getting those numbers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, poprock said:

FYI: UK charts only allow 10 streams per song per user per day to count towards the charts. 

Ok, I just bought the audio cassette from Amazon UK. Hope it counts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why do people still care about chart positions I find it hilarious, now more than ever it has absolutely no relations to how people consume new music. Of course The Boss will sell more because his fans have probably just learnt how to purchase music online, this year 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, yououghttavogue said:

Wow. You really have to give it to Kylie, she debuted with nearly 50k on the UK charts!

Yeah and she debuted at #64 in the USA with 10k where M is expected to do between 90k-100k.

Also Kylie did a lot of promo in the UK, like 5 live performances and also Dancing chatted like 7 weeks while Medellin only charted one, plus Kylie’s biggest market is 🇬🇧, Madonna’s is 🇺🇸.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Disappointing that Madonna will miss out on another UK No.1 album, especially when Madame X is so bloody good. This would've been unthinkable a decade ago.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, doctorjosh said:

Disappointing that Madonna will miss out on another UK No.1 album, especially when Madame X is so bloody good. This would've been unthinkable a decade ago.  

Erotica says hi 😀

She's missed number 1 a few times but I'm pleased that she's doesn't relentlessly pursue it unlike other artists. Her art is the most important thing to her.

However, I'm still disappointed that she blew potential sales the Eurovision mess. That was an easy win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When will we know for sure how she did in the UK charts? It's a shame that she'll be missing the top spot specially since she had everything set up to be an easy number one but then it seems that Eurovision was a mess and the Norton show didn't help make things better. oh well. another number 2 debut. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Intervention_78 said:

When will we know for sure how she did in the UK charts? It's a shame that she'll be missing the top spot specially since she had everything set up to be an easy number one but then it seems that Eurovision was a mess and the Norton show didn't help make things better. oh well. another number 2 debut. 

Friday at 6pm. 

We may get an update today and there's an official update tomorrow at 6pm but the final numbers and positions are announced Friday at 6pm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, stevo208 said:

Friday at 6pm. 

We may get an update today and there's an official update tomorrow at 6pm but the final numbers and positions are announced Friday at 6pm

Gracias! I'm pretty sure Pig Morgan along with the other haters will be celebrating this and finding ways to diminish her success in other countries. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Andra said:

So does Madonna have like 3 fans left? I don't get it.

After performing Future with Quavo at Pride, her next album will debut on #11 in the charts. 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I kind of give up I’ve been streaming the album constant on Apple Music since Saturday and even over night and she’s still dropping on Apple Music 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

She may end up at 2 but I think her actual sales in the UK are pretty good??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

I kind of give up I’ve been streaming the album constant on Apple Music since Saturday and even over night and she’s still dropping on Apple Music 

Uk only counts 10 streams a day per streaming service. So most of your streams probably wont even count.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Uk only counts 10 streams a day per streaming service. So most of your streams probably wont even count.

How many streams equal an album?

Just bought an audio cassette, Standard and 2CD Deluxe from Amazon UK. How many streams do they mean? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

How many streams equal an album?

Just bought an audio cassette, Standard and 2CD Deluxe from Amazon UK. How many streams do they mean? 

Im not sure really. Wikipedia says this. 

 

2342FBA4-2CC0-47A5-A279-CE7A1035A26D.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't get me started about this UK business. I am livid. Somehow I am thinking the copies bought from Madonna.com haven't been taken into account yet. That's my remaining hope and streaming. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Profane said:

Please excuse my ignorance, if you buy the album from Madonnas website - does that get counted? How do they verify that?

If bought from the UK store and provided that they ship from the UK, then yes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jeby said:

Don't get me started about this UK business. I am livid. Somehow I am thinking the copies bought from Madonna.com haven't been taken into account yet. That's my remaining hope and streaming. 

Aren't these from the universal store so should count?

It was weird though. In Sainsbury's last night it had Madame X at no 7 in their chart and Bruce as their album of the week. Surely she can't have a chart position yet? 

The problem is she doesn't appear to have a team that deals with basic stuff like point of sale displays now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...