Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion


Braby
 Share

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, Andra said:

Medellin is not good enough for their radio, Crave is not good enough?? even Ghosttown wasn't good enough?

This has nothing to do with music, they clearly have something against her personally. Period.

Precisely!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 6/3/2019 at 8:39 AM, Ven Conmigo said:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/music/782635/Madonna-Madame-X-Radio-1-Scott-Mills-Eurovision/amp

'Madonna isn't good enough for Radio 1' claims Scott Mills

MADONNA isn't good enough to be played on Radio 1, claims BBC DJ Scott Mills.

By Jack Hardwick00.06, 03 Jun 2019 UPDATED 05.06, 03 Jun 2019

Daily Star Online first revealed that the Queen of Pop's long-awaited comeback track Medellin would not be played on Radio 1.

At the time the BBC brushed off the ban simply saying: "Individual stations make their own decisions on the songs they play, based on what the audience expects to hear, with no other criteria taken into consideration."

Now drivetime host Scott Mills has given his take on the apparent blacklisting of Madge, admitting he  the only reason Radio 1 don't play Madonna's new music is that she isn't good enough anymore.  

Speaking exclusively to Daily Star Online, Scott said: "It is just change of the times.

"I understand that she is still trying to make relevant young music but I think if it was good enough then why wouldn’t we play it?

"To be honest I don’t think the Eurovision was great. 

"It is clear that she ... I mean, you can’t redo the vocals on a video and not expect people to notice when 200 million watched the show."

Admitting he initially thought   when he watched the performance live in the arena in Tel Aviv, the star continued: "In the arena it didn’t sound bad but I was expecting more and she was just walking down the stairs. 

"Personally I don’t think the new track connected and that makes me go 'ok, well is it really relevant to be played on Radio 1?'" 

Understanding  the backlash from Madge's fans, Scott added: "I think is it because it’s Madonna people think we should play her. 

"She always makes it about her age but I don’t think it is the fact she is 60 or her age at all. 

"I just think maybe it’s not good enough. I want old Madonna back and it would be fine."

 

Well, at this stage someone should point out the obvious and instead flip it and write "BBC Radio 1 is not good enough for Madonna" considering the shit they play on their station. The BBC in general is just another outlet that has had an anti Madonna agenda for years now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And by the way let's not kid ourselves, had Rhianna, Katy Perry or Beyonce come out with anything off RH it would have been praised to high heaven of course

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/3/2019 at 12:21 PM, Andra said:

Medellin is not good enough for their radio, Crave is not good enough?? even Ghosttown wasn't good enough?

This has nothing to do with music, they clearly have something against her personally. Period.

 

Exactly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/3/2019 at 4:27 PM, Nikki said:

The scrutinizing madonna and her fans have to put up with is absolutely astounishing.. they’d NEVER even dare say a bad word about springsteen or anyone else they also BANNED. But with madonna, they get a free pass. It’s absoutely disgusting and SO patronizing!

 

Yes

Blatantly

They're so predictably annoying and desperate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/4/2019 at 12:24 AM, headonfire said:

But it's just frustrating that a radio station feels entitled to dictate what kind of music should be promoted or not, and what constitutes good music or not.

It's actually insulting to all of us Madonna fans, specially those of us in the UK who pay they salaries at the BBC through our tv license.

 

Amen

You nailed it perfectly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, XXL said:

And by the way let's not kid ourselves, had Rhianna, Katy Perry or Beyonce come out with anything off RH it would have been praised to high heavens of course

There was a lot of heavy SONGWRITING on RH, which I could only imagine M doing. At the core, most off RH was classic M pop songs. If it was Rhiri it would have been heralded as her best album ever. Or Beyonka with the 3 hits. Or Katy with her horrible music.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Any more live performances? Thank you in advance.

Apparently yes but no mention yet of what’s been decided. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/3/2019 at 2:39 AM, Ven Conmigo said:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/music/782635/Madonna-Madame-X-Radio-1-Scott-Mills-Eurovision/amp

'Madonna isn't good enough for Radio 1' claims Scott Mills

MADONNA isn't good enough to be played on Radio 1, claims BBC DJ Scott Mills.

By Jack Hardwick00.06, 03 Jun 2019 UPDATED 05.06, 03 Jun 2019

Daily Star Online first revealed that the Queen of Pop's long-awaited comeback track Medellin would not be played on Radio 1.

At the time the BBC brushed off the ban simply saying: "Individual stations make their own decisions on the songs they play, based on what the audience expects to hear, with no other criteria taken into consideration."

Now drivetime host Scott Mills has given his take on the apparent blacklisting of Madge, admitting he  the only reason Radio 1 don't play Madonna's new music is that she isn't good enough anymore.  

Speaking exclusively to Daily Star Online, Scott said: "It is just change of the times.

"I understand that she is still trying to make relevant young music but I think if it was good enough then why wouldn’t we play it?

"To be honest I don’t think the Eurovision was great. 

"It is clear that she ... I mean, you can’t redo the vocals on a video and not expect people to notice when 200 million watched the show."

Admitting he initially thought   when he watched the performance live in the arena in Tel Aviv, the star continued: "In the arena it didn’t sound bad but I was expecting more and she was just walking down the stairs. 

"Personally I don’t think the new track connected and that makes me go 'ok, well is it really relevant to be played on Radio 1?'" 

Understanding  the backlash from Madge's fans, Scott added: "I think is it because it’s Madonna people think we should play her. 

"She always makes it about her age but I don’t think it is the fact she is 60 or her age at all. 

"I just think maybe it’s not good enough. I want old Madonna back and it would be fine."

Hate to say it... but he makes a fair point. Hear me out: there's no denying agesim take a large part in this. Madonna releases music of the same quality as many of the stars played on Radio 1. However, there's also no denying Madonna hasn't made a super strong single in at least a decade. Her album tracks are now her strongest songs. Songs like Medellin, Living for Love, and Crave may indeed be hit material, but they are not undeniable hit material. (a la Hung Up). Which is what she would need to overcome the ageism.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, yououghttavogue said:

Hate to say it... but he makes a fair point. Hear me out: there's no denying agesim take a large part in this. Madonna releases music of the same quality as many of the stars played on Radio 1. However, there's also no denying Madonna hasn't made a super strong single in at least a decade. Her album tracks are now her strongest songs. Songs like Medellin, Living for Love, and Crave may indeed be hit material, but they are not undeniable hit material. (a la Hung Up). Which is what she would need to overcome the ageism.

So every song on radio 1 is an undeniable hit? I think we listen to different stations. 🤣🤣🤣. I get your point about the singles though. But in terms of music I DO think crave would have been warmly received on radio 1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Mensch said:

So far in USA she’s doing Jimmy Fallon, CNN, I Heart Radio and there’s more coming! 

 

Fantastic!

Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Mensch said:

So far in USA she’s doing Jimmy Fallon, CNN, I Heart Radio and there’s more coming! 

where did you get the info that she's doing CNN, Jimmy Fallon in the US ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

where did you get the info that she's doing CNN, Jimmy Fallon in the US ?

 

2 hours ago, Mensch said:

Source. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

which source ?

My sources. If you don’t want to believe me, please just avoid my posts. I’m not going to go around in circles. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Mensch said:

So far in USA she’s doing Jimmy Fallon, CNN, I Heart Radio and there’s more coming! 

:tigger: Hope it goes very smoothly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2019 at 5:08 PM, metalissimo said:

Bruce Springsteen new album has more preorders because all Madonna fans didn't preorder Madame X because they will get Madame X from ticket bundles. 

Im sure that Madame X will have more first-week equivalent album units than Bruce Springsteen new album. 

Bruce 's 2012.Wrecking Ball album has first week sales of 196k in US.

MDNA has first week sales of 350k. 

Do Madame X tickets in UK also come with ticket bundles? 

 

I totally get your statement about Madonna fans not pre-ordering Madame X because of the tour ticket bundles, but this is a theater tour. Average seats in these theaters are what? 2,000 seats? And even though there are many tour dates happening in cities like NYC and LA, there are TONS of Madonna fans who are not able to attend the Madame X Tour because the theaters are small and intimate. So where are THEIR pre-orders? Where are the pre-orders from the many fans that are NOT going to the Madame X Tour? That's the real question I'm wondering about. Hopefully, we will see more pre-orders happening on iTunes, Amazon, etc. and hopefully a lot of streaming during the release week and beyond on Spotify, Apple, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...