Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion


Braby
 Share

Recommended Posts

I think people are underestimating how much album sales have fallen since 2015. An album selling as much as RH would grab headlines. Madonna and Springsteen can no longer rely on their loyal fan base to get a no 1 album. I believe Madonna may have an advantage due to the tour bundle and the multiple editions. But don't be surprised if neither hits no 1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps Bruce is ahead in physical pre-orders on U.S. Amazon because his older fanbase prefers physical copies? However, Madonna is right behind him in pre-orders on the U.S. iTunes chart. It looks like streaming is going to determine who pulls ahead during release week. I don't know what Bruce's streaming presence is like, but it would be great if Madonna fans streamed her album like crazy during release week.

Cause sadly, all the streams that the released singles (Medellin, I Rise, Future, Crave) have accumulated so far do NOT count towards/are not included in the streams accumulated during the first week of release. So stream, stream, stream during the release week!

(And her tour bundle could give her the lead over Bruce)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mario Lopez said:

Cause sadly, all the streams that the released singles (Medellin, I Rise, Future, Crave) have accumulated so far do NOT count towards/are not included in the streams accumulated during the first week of release. So stream, stream, stream during the release week!

Well they are individual songs so even when the album drops I wouldn't think they would contribute as value towards a chart position? 

Or will they count towards Madame Xs final total ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Well they are individual songs so even when the album drops I wouldn't think they would contribute as value towards a chart position? 

Or will they count towards Madame Xs final total ? 

The streams up until now count for certifications and will be added to total sales of the album BUT not for first week sales.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

The streams up until now count for certifications and will be added to total sales of the album BUT not for first week sales.

Thank you for that I'm far from an expert with it all.

So if she releases another brand new video on release week and drives people to it....those views will be counted right ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Thank you for that I'm far from an expert with it all.

So if she releases another brand new video on release week and drives people to it....those views will be counted right ? 

Exactly. So I hope whatever video or single is next does not come till June 14th.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Exactly. So I hope whatever video or single is next does not come till June 14th.  

That sounds like good commercial sense. 

I think the drag queen video/single will be released for PRIDE. Maybe she will offcially announce she is plying pride on June 14th and drop the video/single so all the gays go and stream it.

If would be a big moment for her having never played PRIDE but her music is always prominent at ever PRIDE event globally. I hope we get the video June 14th then now I know they will help in MX get to number 1.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Confessit said:

That sounds like good commercial sense. 

I think the drag queen video/single will be released for PRIDE. Maybe she will offcially announce she is plying pride on June 14th and drop the video/single so all the gays go and stream it.

If would be a big moment for her having never played PRIDE but her music is always prominent at ever PRIDE event globally. I hope we get the video June 14th then now I know they will help in MX get to number 1.  

In a perfect world that would happen but you know M doesnt like to take the easy path. 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
3 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Where are you? I've seen nothing.

The thing is, if you've googled his name to check him out, Google will see you're interested. In the UK, I've literally heard his latest single once perhaps twice and they love him on radio 2. I've seen and heard zero about the new album anywhere else though.

So it could be you've searched and now they're serving you that content!

No, Both Facebook and Instagram I have seen ads promoting the new album.  It was only then did I do a search when and when I noticed he is releasing his album on the same date.  His last 4 albums all went #1..  Anyway, the point is, Bruce is going to be her competition. This is his first studio album of original material in several years and he's released two songs/videos within a few weeks time.  I'm only bringing this up because I do feel he and Madonna are going to be battling for the #1 spot.  I think he has the advantage in the U.S., the most being he isn't as polarizing as Madonna, and his new album is very Americana and fits right into a couple popular genres that sell well in America.

Edited by Amelia aka Neutrocks
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Amelia said:

No, Both Facebook and Instagram I have seen ads promoting the new album.  It was only then did I do a search when and when I noticed he is releasing his album on the same date.  His last 4 albums all went #1..  Anyway, the point is, Bruce is going to be her competition. This is his first studio album of original material in several years and he's released two songs/videos within a few weeks time.  I'm only bringing this up because I do feel he and Madonna are going to be battling for the #1 spot.  I think he has the advantage in the U.S., the most being he isn't as polarizing as Madonna, and his new album is very Americana and fits right into a couple popular genres that sell well in America.

Technically Madonna's last SIX albums went to #1 as the biggest sellers the week they were released in the US

 

But believe what you want....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When people talk about the "video with the drag queens" it makes me think of this:

 

Hope it's nothing like it (although this is exactly what some deserve 🤣) and it's more like "Deeper and Deeper".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Amelia said:

No, Both Facebook and Instagram I have seen ads promoting the new album.  It was only then did I do a search when and when I noticed he is releasing his album on the same date.  His last 4 albums all went #1..  Anyway, the point is, Bruce is going to be her competition. This is his first studio album of original material in several years and he's released two songs/videos within a few weeks time.  I'm only bringing this up because I do feel he and Madonna are going to be battling for the #1 spot.  I think he has the advantage in the U.S., the most being he isn't as polarizing as Madonna, and his new album is very Americana and fits right into a couple popular genres that sell well in America.

i only see a lyric video og hello sunshine released last month with 2.1 million views 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
18 hours ago, Samo said:

Technically Madonna's last SIX albums went to #1 as the biggest sellers the week they were released in the US

 

But believe what you want....

It's not a matter of "believing what I want".   I'm not arguing any of Madonna's accomplishments, not arguing that Madonna deserve to go number 1 or have enough sales/streams to go number one that first week. All I am pointing out, that we should keep in mind Bruce Springsteen could be competition for her in some major markets.  It's not a matter of what I want to believe. Believe me I want her to go #1.  Though, I'm just pointing a possible reality.  😉

Edited by Amelia aka Neutrocks
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Amelia said:

It's not a matter of "believing what I want".   I'm not arguing any of Madonna's accomplishments, not arguing that Madonna deserve to go number 1 or have enough sales/streams to go number one that first week. All I am pointing out, that we should keep in mind Bruce Springsteen could be competition for her in some major markets.  It's not a matter of what I want to believe. Believe me I want her to go #1.  Though, I'm just pointing a possible reality.  😉

No you pointed out that Springsteen WILL debut at #1 in the US , because his last 4 albums debuted at #1 and because Madonna is a polarizing figure

 

Ok, I simply STATED the facts that Madonna's last SIX albums were the #1 sellers the week they came out and in a related note, Madonna has ALWAYS been a polarizing figure her ENTIRE career, the career that saw her sell more albums than ... Bruce Springsteen

 

So her being polarizing is suddenly a problem?

 

Odd

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
22 minutes ago, Samo said:

No you pointed out that Springsteen WILL debut at #1 in the US , because his last 4 albums debuted at #1 and because Madonna is a polarizing figure

 

Ok, I simply STATED the facts that Madonna's last SIX albums were the #1 sellers the week they came out and in a related note, Madonna has ALWAYS been a polarizing figure her ENTIRE career, the career that saw her sell more albums than ... Bruce Springsteen

 

So her being polarizing is suddenly a problem?

 

Odd

You've misunderstood.  Though, I was clear that there is a POSSIBILITY he MAY hit #1!  I never said he "WILL"!!   I'm simply pointing out that he COULD be competition for her in several major markets, especially in the U.S.   Springsteen seems to be far more beloved and a respected musician in the U.S. and his music caters to a couple of popular selling genres.  I only pointed out that Madonna is polarizing because in the U.S., she seems to be "love to be hated".  And yes, that can hurt her!  He and her have been selling a similar amount of albums for their last few albums. His last four have gone #1 respectably in most markets.  I'm not saying he's going to sell a lot more than her.  I'm simply saying that he could be competition for her and could slightly sell more than her in some markets.  I hope I'm wrong and she does better than him!  😉

Edited by Amelia aka Neutrocks
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

When people talk about the "video with the drag queens" it makes me think of this:

 

Hope it's nothing like it (although this is exactly what some deserve 🤣) and it's more like "Deeper and Deeper".

I love this song and video.

But I doubt Madonna would be this obvious. 

I think they'll be a storyline linked to the Queens. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2019 at 5:10 PM, Confessit said:

That sounds like good commercial sense. 

I think the drag queen video/single will be released for PRIDE. Maybe she will offcially announce she is plying pride on June 14th and drop the video/single so all the gays go and stream it.

If would be a big moment for her having never played PRIDE but her music is always prominent at ever PRIDE event globally. I hope we get the video June 14th then now I know they will help in MX get to number 1.  

This is what I think will happen, she will announce on Jun 14th that she will be at Pride performing, then drop the drags video that will have replay value because of them and then if Dark Ballet and disco song deliver, all of those tracks and videos will push some streaming numbers and could give M the edge against Bruce that has no streaming power, yeah he can sell albums but Madonna too and she also has the tour bundle and multiple editions, she will move around 130K units and him like 90k.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/28/2019 at 4:32 AM, Mario Lopez said:

Perhaps Bruce is ahead in physical pre-orders on U.S. Amazon because his older fanbase prefers physical copies? However, Madonna is right behind him in pre-orders on the U.S. iTunes chart. It looks like streaming is going to determine who pulls ahead during release week. I don't know what Bruce's streaming presence is like, but it would be great if Madonna fans streamed her album like crazy during release week.

Cause sadly, all the streams that the released singles (Medellin, I Rise, Future, Crave) have accumulated so far do NOT count towards/are not included in the streams accumulated during the first week of release. So stream, stream, stream during the release week!

(And her tour bundle could give her the lead over Bruce)

Bruce Springsteen new album has more preorders because all Madonna fans didn't preorder Madame X because they will get Madame X from ticket bundles. 

Im sure that Madame X will have more first-week equivalent album units than Bruce Springsteen new album. 

Bruce 's 2012.Wrecking Ball album has first week sales of 196k in US.

MDNA has first week sales of 350k. 

Do Madame X tickets in UK also come with ticket bundles? 

Edited by metalissimo
Info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, luluthecat said:

Nice to see the promo posters are up on the London Underground this morning! 😀

AFC6D339-E426-4859-85BD-CD07C68B6D9F.jpeg

Wow just awesome!! Thanks for posting!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, luluthecat said:

Nice to see the promo posters are up on the London Underground this morning! 😀

AFC6D339-E426-4859-85BD-CD07C68B6D9F.jpeg

It's great but people will be looking for that album cover! 🙄 Why can't they be consistent with a standard release!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

It's great but people will be looking for that album cover! 🙄 Why can't they be consistent with a standard release!

Well this is the one M classes as the normal album so hopefully they will have this on the shelves and online etc. 

Although of you're looking for a Madonna album any new picture would be obviously new so hope it all goes ok 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...