Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

They were for RH were they not?

I am not sure if they are allowed or not but they have never done it anywhere outside of the US. MDNA and RH bundles were strictly for the US only.

1 minute ago, Dr Lecter said:

Or do a special hosted by the author Matt Cain who was great against Piers Morgan this morning .and he saw a true loon who appreciates her  And let her do a couple of classics and new songs and show everyone what and who the fuck she is 

Sure, she'll do that for... $1.2 million. 300k fan discount.

5 minutes ago, iasonas said:

I really hope there is a miracle she somehow gets that No1 on the UK albums chart. It looks like it is going to happen in the US because they are doing the tour bundles the right way this time with physical copies, all the 1st week etc..

We should be really glad Radio2 exists. They A Listed Masterpiece, Ghosttown and now Medellin. Did they A list Living for Love too?

Things could have been much worse for her Livenation albums in the UK without the exposure she got on Radio2.

I never heard LFL on radio 2 at all. At that time, it was just too 'radio 1' for them. Funnily enough I heard something very similar to last week though and thought how things have changed.

Graham Norton still loves Madonna but he won't pander to any star. If something is bad, he'll say it.

6 minutes ago, iasonas said:

I really hope there is a miracle she somehow gets that No1 on the UK albums chart. It looks like it is going to happen in the US because they are doing the tour bundles the right way this time with physical copies, all the 1st week etc..

We should be really glad Radio2 exists. They A Listed Masterpiece, Ghosttown and now Medellin. Did they A list Living for Love too?

Things could have been much worse for her Livenation albums in the UK without the exposure she got on Radio2.

Capital FM regularly played Living for Love up until the actual release, then stopped.

1 minute ago, iasonas said:

I am not sure if they are allowed or not but they have never done it anywhere outside of the US. MDNA and RH bundles were strictly for the US only.

Oh okay I stand corrected. 

4 minutes ago, Dr Lecter said:

Not the BGT final? 

*does the MDNA hung up*

You know what that would be mega promo for her here in the U.K. and would definitely raise sales of Madame X and bring attention to the album. What do you think @Kim

3 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

Capital FM regularly played Living for Love up until the actual release, then stopped.

Yes that was weird. It got onto Radio 2 C-list for one week which amounted to about 5 spins total.

Capital played Medellin once then stopped.

Wondering what will happen with Crave.

21 hours ago, Kim said:

SO back to the UK CHART AND PROMO talk...

Would we prefer Graham or Jonathan?  Is there an embargo on doing BOTH? (Graham's, how shall we say, stunned silence last night wasn't exactly helpful)

I' preferJonathon, @Kim I've never particularly iked Graham as he comes across as an unfunny self obsessed bitchy little queen - the kind who is nice to your face and then says "Did you see the state of her fingernails"  2 seconds after you've turned your back.

His show is one step above Saturday Night Takeaway too. He's supposed to talk about his guests, but they usually end up discussing something non related like wigs and bikini waxing etc whereas Jonathon spends more than 5 minutes discussing what his guests initially went on to talk about. Give me him over Norton anyday of the week.

4 minutes ago, Kim said:

Yes that was weird. It got onto Radio 2 C-list for one week which amounted to about 5 spins total.

Capital played Medellin once then stopped.

Wondering what will happen with Crave.

Hopefully Radio 2 will pick up Crave, we “should” find out this week if the source is correct.

Medellín feels like a distant memory now, it feels like ages ago since the MTV launch video premier. Good times!

6 minutes ago, Confessit said:

You know what that would be mega promo for her here in the U.K. and would definitely raise sales of Madame X and bring attention to the album. What do you think @Kim

Well as long as she pre-records it the night before and they fix the vox first then I don't see why not? 🤣

3 minutes ago, Crux said:

I' preferJonathon, @Kim I've never particularly iked Graham as he comes across as an unfunny self obsessed bitchy little queen - the kind who is nice to your face and then says "Did you see the state of her fingernails"  2 seconds after you've turned your back.

His show is one step above Saturday Night Takeaway too. He's supposed to talk about his guests, but they usually end up discussing something non related topics like wigs and bikini waxing etc whereas Jonathon spends more than 5 minutes discussing what his guests initially went on to talk about. Give me him over Norton anyday of the week.

Yeah Graham's a bit sneaky. Jonathan has been nothing but gentlemanly.

1 minute ago, Kim said:

Well as long as she pre-records it the night before and they fix the vox first then I don't see why not? 🤣

😂Too true dear. 

In all seriousness the timing is there and it will attract at least 10 million viewers if chooses the infectious Crave keeping it simple her looking beautiful and proving she can sing beautifully (I say sarcastically) it would massively increase her chances of a number 1 album here in the U.K. She needs to level with Elvis again! 

9 minutes ago, Confessit said:

😂Too true dear. 

In all seriousness the timing is there and it will attract at least 10 million viewers if chooses the infectious Crave keeping it simple her looking beautiful and proving she can sing beautifully (I say sarcastically) it would massively increase her chances of a number 1 album here in the U.K. She needs to level with Elvis again! 

Sounds good to me. I haven't watched BGT since the SUBO days.

Do they do guest performers? Will she do a skit with Ant and Dec? Will she get to compare cheeks with Cowell? Will Amanda wasserface give her the stink eye? So many possibilities!

4 minutes ago, Kim said:

Sounds good to me. I haven't watched BGT since the SUBO days.

Do they do guest performers? Will she do a skit with Ant and Dec? Will she get to compare cheeks with Cowell? Will Amanda wasserface give her the stink eye? So many possibilities!

Oh SUBO they brought her back this year on the first episode to launch the new series.....she looked and sounded amazing.

Yez they always have a guest on the final night. Haha that's so true well Simon has been trying for years to bag Madonna for the X factor he is a fan and whenever he is ever asked about who's got the X factor M is always the first he says.

I really think there needs to be something additional to the usual talk show special over here especially if America is getting Pride (only if it's televised for an actual impact) alongside other TV spots she is more than likely to do in the next few weeks. 

3 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Oh SUBO they brought her back this year on the first episode to launch the new series.....she looked and sounded amazing.

Yez they always have a guest on the final night. Haha that's so true well Simon has been trying for years to bag Madonna for the X factor he is a fan and whenever he is ever asked about who's got the X factor M is always the first he says.

I really think there needs to be something additional to the usual talk show special over here especially if America is getting Pride (only if it's televised for an actual impact) alongside other TV spots she is more than likely to do in the next few weeks. 

Well her UK release schedules usually miss all those big talent show finals so if the dates match up this time then they should try and make it happen. That would probably mean Norton for the BBC.

I recall some reporter for ITV saying he was off to interview Madonna a while ago so that must be coming up. They can always stick her in a hotel and have all these shitty shows like This Morning, The One Show etc come to her if they want. 

Some collab with BBC would be good. Live Lounge or whatever.

Just now, Kim said:

Well her UK release schedules usually miss all those big talent show finals so if the dates match up this time then they should try and make it happen. That would probably mean Norton for the BBC.

I recall some reporter for ITV saying he was off to interview Madonna a while ago so that must be coming up. They can always stick her in a hotel and have all these shitty shows like This Morning, The One Show etc come to her if they want. 

Some collab with BBC would be good. Live Lounge or whatever.

I agree the timing is on this time hope the new PR people notice this. 

I think it will be Norton anyway as she did Ross last time round. Hmmm that would be interesting but I can't help feeling she's just too big for This Morning and The One Show. I think she expects now the whole show I doubt she would get all of This Morning and The one shows half hour slot is a bit to brief as the other side of the coin.

Live Lounge would be interesting as fuck. I do hope she does some radio spots as well. 

16 minutes ago, Confessit said:

but I can't help feeling she's just too big for This Morning and The One Show. I think she expects now the whole show I doubt she would get all of This Morning and The one shows half hour slot is a bit to brief as the other side of the coin.

Live Lounge would be interesting as fuck. I do hope she does some radio spots as well. 

Her going to THEM would be unthinkable but they often interview big stars away from the studio for a segment. I don't expect her to get the full show on those magazine type shows.

Like when Madge did Richard & Judy during the Kabollocks years 🤣

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

Her going to THEM would be unthinkable but they often interview big stars away from the studio for a segment. I don't expect her to get the full show on those magazine type shows.

Like when Madge did Richard & Judy during the Kabollocks years 🤣

That's very true I see what you mean. Like the Confessions promo were she did tons for everyone in front of her disco backdrop....but then again the Confessions era was a promo assault and a fantastic one. 

Oh God.....that pink cardi 😂

2 hours ago, iasonas said:

I can see her getting the top spot in the US and in almost every other country in the world but missing it in the UK. The UK album chart has been very adult oriented lately. The Greatest Showman is still top 5 after 1,5 year. Major pop/rock/hip-hop stars underperform and middle of the road acts linger in the top places for ages. I don't think Madame X will appeal to this audience.

4 minutes ago, DreamTheater said:

I can see her getting the top spot in the US and in almost every other country in the world but missing it in the UK. The UK album chart has been very adult oriented lately. The Greatest Showman is still top 5 after 1,5 year. Major pop/rock/hip-hop stars underperform and middle of the road acts linger in the top places for ages. I don't think Madame X will appeal to this audience.

I agree. I'm worried about the UK as well it depends how much promo there is here.

12 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I agree. I'm worried about the UK as well it depends how much promo there is here.

I'm kind of prepared for her to be #3. I've made my peace with that. Anything else is a bonus. Fathers day+Springsteen+Bastille+the hate she's getting and no your bundle allowed. It's fine. I'm here for a great great album

2 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

I'm kind of prepared for her to be #3. I've made my peace with that. Anything else is a bonus. Fathers day+Springsteen+Bastille+the hate she's getting and no your bundle allowed. It's fine. I'm here for a great great album

If she doesn't do significant promo I agree with you. 

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

Should we UN-CANCEL COLEEN? I heard she was kinda, sorta sticking up for Madge on Loose Hags today?

colleen 4.jpg

She's still fucking terrible so no keep her off limits I don't wanna see her anywhere near M.

I've tried to limit the damage on here but I mean this ish is number 1 trending on BBC News, was on both breakfast shows, Victoria Derbyshire, This Morning, Loose Women, all the papers. It's really quite awful.

20 minutes ago, Kim said:

I've tried to limit the damage on here but I mean this ish is number 1 trending on BBC News, was on both breakfast shows, Victoria Derbyshire, This Morning, Loose Women, all the papers. It's really quite awful.

I have been trying to keep away from all the negative stuff too, but it's been a constant onslaught -- just awful. It's almost has if she killed someone. The things I have read and seen in the press in the UK, comments from people, I really wasn't expecting it, and it all seems to have been blown way out of proportion.

As a fan, I don't have a problem saying that was not a good performance, at all. But all this hatred is totally uncalled for! People have been absolutely vicious here, and I just can't understand it.

(Sorry for the depressing post, but it has just been tough)