Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion

God that would be great a bbc special. 

Thats what hat she needs 

I mean Pink has just claimed her third  week at number one in the album charts.

ugh 

I'm unusure now how it's going to go with singles from Madame X, I do believe the biggest chance she has of breaking through in terms of some chart success and a song sticking is the Eurovision. The performance is about to get alot of attention but I don't think the song Future is the one to become the hit here in the UK or indeed Europe following her performance at the contest.

I like Future, it's catchy somewhat but very forgettable and doesn't pack a punch.....I have a feeling there are better songs on Madame X but she's choosing this one to showcase because of the feature.....and hoping Quavo will help the song on the streams etc. But Maluma hasn't exactly done that for her with Medellin....but we don't know if Future will even have a video yet or get the full single treatment.

I suppose I'll be a tad disappointed when I hear the full album and there's songs much better than Future as the Eurovision is her biggest gig this album promo and surly taking her best cut from her album would make the best sense BUT I understand about the streaming power of her features vs streaming on her own.

Just some thoughts I'm so excited to see her back with a massive production for the Eurovision though of course ! 

On 5/17/2019 at 11:57 PM, Confessit said:

I'm unusure now how it's going to go with singles from Madame X, I do believe the biggest chance she has of breaking through in terms of some chart success and a song sticking is the Eurovision. The performance is about to get alot of attention but I don't think the song Future is the one to become the hit here in the UK or indeed Europe following her performance at the contest.

I like Future, it's catchy somewhat but very forgettable and doesn't pack a punch.....I have a feeling there are better songs on Madame X but she's choosing this one to showcase because of the feature.....and hoping Quavo will help the song on the streams etc. But Maluma hasn't exactly done that for her with Medellin....but we don't know if Future will even have a video yet or get the full single treatment.

I suppose I'll be a tad disappointed when I hear the full album and there's songs much better than Future as the Eurovision is her biggest gig this album promo and surly taking her best cut from her album would make the best sense BUT I understand about the streaming power of her features vs streaming on her own.

Just some thoughts I'm so excited to see her back with a massive production for the Eurovision though of course ! 

She didn't perform a single in Eurovision because that performance had another aim. We still have to discover what strategy she's following this time because it's puzzzlin. Maybe she's simply trying to bring some songs to the light before the album? But it's clear she's not pushing any single anywhere by now. Maybe one Monday things change? Sudden push for crave? 

8 minutes ago, karbatal said:

She didn't perform a single in Eurovision because that performance had another aim. We still have to discover what strategy she's following this time because it's puzzzlin. Maybe she's simply trying to bring some songs to the light before the album? But it's clear she's not pushing any single anywhere by now. Maybe one Monday things change? Sudden push for crave? 

I think it's clear now why she chose Future for Eurovision. 2 reasons 1, it suited the message and 2, Quavo was already there touring as she attended his show in Tel Avi the night before the event. 

But I do believe the push for Crave will happen next week. The radio impact day is Monday and they'll be a video I would imagine released in conjunction with the radio impact day. 

1 hour ago, Confessit said:

I think it's clear now why she chose Future for Eurovision. 2 reasons 1, it suited the message and 2, Quavo was already there touring as she attended his show in Tel Avi the night before the event. 

But I do believe the push for Crave will happen next week. The radio impact day is Monday and they'll be a video I would imagine released in conjunction with the radio impact day. 

Quavo was an embarrassment to her at Eurovision

7 minutes ago, bb8977 said:

Quavo was an embarrassment to her at Eurovision

Even tho I like his feature on Future, he was a total embarrassment. From the “champagne rose” thing and being completely clueless when it comes to Madonna to the performance itself. From Maluma to Quavo: biggest downgrade ever!! 

Somebody in Madonna's circle needs to remind her she is an artist first and foremost and via her art she is an activist. She does art because she is a talented artist. She doesn't do art because she is an activist looking to get a message across. The difference may be subtle but it is there.

She rushed through LAP. Did not sing it like it was at MET GALA so she could get preachy on Future which was an inappropriate song for Eurovision in the first damn place. You have an album coming out for the first time in four years and you have an audience of 200m watching you and your priority is to pick the song that suits your "message?" NO. Superbowl she sang Like a Prayer and at the end flashed world peace. She could have sang I Rise with a full orchestra sitting in one spot so her voice would be great, and passed on a message with that. She could have electrified the audience with Medellin and then added LAP and her message. There is a whole host of things. Her new single is Crave. Who gets the opportunity to show your new single to 200m people and chooses to sing some random reggae teaser song because it matches the "message?'

She is getting carried away with this message and activist business. The beauty of Madonna is that she has always been that person. The artist activist. The activist artist. But it never affects her art. Now it has. She should have been more interested in putting on a damn great performance as the artist that she is and incorporating her message to it. Instead here it seems her priority is how do I get a message across and everything else will have to fit into that. That is why we had to suffer Quavo who did not know one madonna song and said his Mama used to listen to her.

I am sick. Imma need Debi Mazar to knock some sense into her. Somebody has to. 

Okuuuuur I think it’s time we changed the convo...

i think the best solo M single is yet to be released & she is saving it/video for the week after of album launch to keep the Album in GP attention...

the 2 promo & official singles we have had so far were Marketing tasters and and the featured songs were to bring in the millineals and new audience...

17 minutes ago, Jeby said:

Somebody in Madonna's circle needs to remind her she is an artist first and foremost and via her art she is an activist. She does art because she is a talented artist. She doesn't do art because she is an activist looking to get a message across. The difference may be subtle but it is there.

She rushed through LAP. Did not sing it like it was at MET GALA so she could get preachy on Future which was an inappropriate song for Eurovision in the first damn place. You have an album coming out for the first time in four years and you have an audience of 200m watching you and your priority is to pick the song that suits your "message?" NO. Superbowl she sang Like a Prayer and at the end flashed world peace. She could have sang I Rise with a full orchestra sitting in one spot so her voice would be great, and passed on a message with that. She could have electrified the audience with Medellin and then added LAP and her message. There is a whole host of things. Her new single is Crave. Who gets the opportunity to show your new single to 200m people and chooses to sing some random reggae teaser song because it matches the "message?'

She is getting carried away with this message and activist business. The beauty of Madonna is that she has always been that person. The artist activist. The activist artist. But it never affects her art. Now it has. She should have been more interested in putting on a damn great performance as the artist that she is and incorporating her message to it. Instead here it seems her priority is how do I get a message across and everything else will have to fit into that. That is why we had to suffer Quavo who did not know one madonna song and said his Mama used to listen to her.

I do not disagree.

Yeah, keep the performance talk to that other ludicrous thread.

Hopefully we see some forward movement on Crave this week, and maybe some new Medellin remixes

2 hours ago, Kim said:

Hopefully we see some forward movement on Crave this week, and maybe some new Medellin remixes

I hope so. I know Crave is the offcial 2nd single (forgive my old skool thinking for a moment😉) and impacts radio next week and the video is round the corner ...

..so I'd imagine when she does the expected TV spots, a Norton or Ross special, she will perform Crave. The only unfortunate thing is she might avoid it if Swae Lee isn't actually with her to perform it. 

Im just curious as to which song/songs she will actually perform on the TV promo part of the campaign. I think Crave will get several US performances Swae Lee is after all one of the biggest streaming artists stateside isn't he. 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
14 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I hope so. I know Crave is the offcial 2nd single (forgive my old skool thinking for a moment😉) and impacts radio next week and the video is round the corner ...

..so I'd imagine when she does the expected TV spots, a Norton or Ross special, she will perform Crave. The only unfortunate thing is she might avoid it if Swae Lee isn't actually with her to perform it. 

Im just curious as to which song/songs she will actually perform on the TV promo part of the campaign. I think Crave will get several US performances Swae Lee is after all one of the biggest streaming artists stateside isn't he. 

Hoping I am dead wrong, I don't think we're going to get many more live performances/appearances from this point on.  I think her next agenda is to focus on getting the tour together and rehearsing.  I also feel what we saw at Eurovision was a sample of her live performances in her Theater shows.  I feel that she knows that whatever she does at this point isn't going to really propel any particular song up the charts.  I think the focus now is going to be simply on the album and tour.  She will give us a few more visuals as we know she's filmed other videos (unless they were for the benefit of the tour?) and one more song before the album and then, release the album. 

Again I hope that I'm wrong, but what I've learned don't expect the "expected" with Madonna.  We saw her go full force on the promotion with the Rebel Heart album, but that really didn't help any of the singles to do very well.  This time; I think the focus is on getting that album out there and touring.

5 hours ago, Confessit said:

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. He arranged a show there BECAUSE he was going to be there for Eurovision.

17 minutes ago, Amelia said:

Hoping I am dead wrong, I don't think we're going to get many more live performances/appearances from this point on.  

Couldn’t really blame her for not wanting to perform...ever for that matter. 

I can’t imagine the pressure and weight of all the outrage. 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
12 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

Couldn’t really blame her for not wanting to perform...ever for that matter. 

I can’t imagine the pressure and weight of all the outrage. 

Totally agree, other than we know she doesn't give a fuck and perseveres at whatever thrown at her.  I'm sure she knows she sounded off at Eurovision,  but she also knows that there was far more she was trying to convey than a great singing voice.  Some call it a "backlash" and yeah, she is getting a lot of horrible negative criticism thrown at her, but it seems her songs/albums (including Future) are shooting up the Itunes charts in many countries. 

SO back to the UK CHART AND PROMO talk...

Would we prefer Graham or Jonathan?  Is there an embargo on doing BOTH? (Graham's, how shall we say, stunned silence last night wasn't exactly helpful)

4 hours ago, Jeby said:

I don't understand your point.. many many times, people here say that she is surrounded by yesmen and yeswomen and that's why she lost her sense of reality, now we have Quavo, who is good at what he does, he's been interviewed, he stated his truth and suddenly she has to "fire" him because he didn't kiss her ass and because he said his mother was a Madonna's fan..and what about Debi Mazar? With all due respect , but what has been her influence on Madonna during these years, besides being a loyal friend?

43 minutes ago, Amelia said:

Hoping I am dead wrong, I don't think we're going to get many more live performances/appearances from this point on.  I think her next agenda is to focus on getting the tour together and rehearsing.  I also feel what we saw at Eurovision was a sample of her live performances in her Theater shows.  I feel that she knows that whatever she does at this point isn't going to really propel any particular song up the charts.  I think the focus now is going to be simply on the album and tour.  She will give us a few more visuals as we know she's filmed other videos (unless they were for the benefit of the tour?) and one more song before the album and then, release the album. 

Again I hope that I'm wrong, but what I've learned don't expect the "expected" with Madonna.  We saw her go full force on the promotion with the Rebel Heart album, but that really didn't help any of the singles to do very well.  This time; I think the focus is on getting that album out there and touring.

I doubt that very much. Madonna knew the performance would receive a backlash which it has. Nothing is a surprise here if it would have leaked what she was about to do we would all of been prepared for the backlash as well for the political statement.

Madonna knew she would ruffle feathers so to say she won't perform live again before the tour because of the criticism of Eurovision she has received doesn't seem true.....she instigated the controversy herself.

If she was going to focus on the tour after the Eurovision I think the album would of dropped this week but instead there is another 4 weeks to go so obviously there is more promo planned which will I imagine involve live performances. She hasn't performed the offcial 2nd single yet so no doubt they'll be a performance of Crave coming up somewhere before June 15th. 

Promotiom didn't massively help RH I agree .....but this time she has hired in fetaures for the singles for Madame X for a reason. She hasn't worked with Swan Lee (one of Americas biggest streaming artists) just to sneak out a video. She has aligned herself with people as part of the strategy to raise her digital profile and increase her online streaming/digital sales. 

I think we will be seeing a lot more of M promoting Crave in the next few weeks.

6 minutes ago, Kim said:

Would we prefer Graham or Jonathan?  Is there an embargo on doing BOTH? (Graham's, how shall we say, stunned silence last night wasn't exactly helpful)

Indeed dear.

For me it's Graham. I find Ross a bit dry but either would be brilliant she has had a good past with both shows. I think Grahams comment was one of shock that the areana wasn't exactly on their feet as usual for M rather than a criticism.

I just hope we get a bit more than just a TV interview over here but I'm trying to think what else she could do. 

5 minutes ago, Kim said:

I think maybe Jonathan would be my choice, past interviews with them both she seems more comfortable with Jonathan, are they the only two chat show hosts we have in the UK? Not much of a choice really 😁

1 minute ago, Alfastar said:

I think maybe Jonathan would be my choice, past interviews with them both she seems more comfortable with Jonathan, are they the only two chat show hosts we have in the UK? Not much of a choice really 😁

They are the only 2 that matter. 

2 minutes ago, Confessit said:

They are the only 2 that matter. 

Yeah I couldn’t think of any others unless she did loose women, but either Jonathan or graham would be good really.