Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion

26 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

Not necessarily. I think peak week may come album release week.

Peak as in No. 60 or something? Dead in the water I'm afraid.

38 minutes ago, Kim said:

Peak as in No. 60 or something? Dead in the water I'm afraid.

Well yeah lol. I'm hoping she will.evebtyally scrape the top 40, but if not it doesn't matter. This album is going to just blow me away. I can feel it

I think there's a good chance she'll make the Top 40 if she performs Medellin at Eurovision but we still don't know what she has up her sleeve for that performance. 

Either way, the buzz is building for the album. She's getting great press and I'm really surprised to see so much coverage in the UK of the BBMA performance already. Most people in the UK have never heard of the Billboard Awards!

It's been a great roll out so far but I'd expect some specific promo in the UK (aside from Eurovision) for her to really cut through. I expect that will happen in mid-late May. 

7 minutes ago, Ven Conmigo said:

I don't think Will has any chance of beating her but Bruce is a possibility I suppose. 

I expect the promo to hot up in the UK after Eurovision (and the press coverage has been good already) so I think Madonna should be fine.

Interestingly, Pink is on course for No.1 this week with around 12,000 sales! Shockingly low. Madonna would usually walk it to No.1. I honestly think the No.2 last time was down to the leaks and the mess up with roll out. This time the press has already been much more positive. 

1 hour ago, Silverfox said:

I don't think Will has any chance of beating her but Bruce is a possibility I suppose. 

I expect the promo to hot up in the UK after Eurovision (and the press coverage has been good already) so I think Madonna should be fine.

Interestingly, Pink is on course for No.1 this week with around 12,000 sales! Shockingly low. Madonna would usually walk it to No.1. I honestly think the No.2 last time was down to the leaks and the mess up with roll out. This time the press has already been much more positive. 

Number 2 was because it was mother's day and sam Smith re released his album. That's all lol

Also RE Medellin and in fact Madonna herself this single is proof she's fine chasing charts and thank god! 

It's latiny yes but it's not a "despacito" the video she's allowed herself to look her age (as much as our queen can) the video doesn't appeal to gen z (thank god) and her feature isn't a desperate grab for a number one. It's nice to enjoy an era that seems for the fans and is truly inspired. The fact she's releasing one song a week from may is proof. She's here to stay and she's here to slay. But finally .... In her own way.

4 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

Number 2 was because it was mother's day and sam Smith re released his album. That's all lol

Also RE Medellin and in fact Madonna herself this single is proof she's fine chasing charts and thank god! 

It's latiny yes but it's not a "despacito" the video she's allowed herself to look her age (as much as our queen can) the video doesn't appeal to gen z (thank god) and her feature isn't a desperate grab for a number one. It's nice to enjoy an era that seems for the fans and is truly inspired. The fact she's releasing one song a week from may is proof. She's here to stay and she's here to slay. But finally .... In her own way.

Yes good point! I'd forgotten it was around Mother's Day and Sam Smith was selling bucket loads. He also had the number one single around that time as well.

Thankfully the various soundtrack sales all seem to have died down a bit too! Only a few albums last year got to number 1 around the time of year because of The Greatest Showman, so phew. 

12,000 sales for an artist as commercial as Pink is ridiculously low, but maybe that’s just how things are in 2019. 

9 minutes ago, ooohlala said:

Thankfully the various soundtrack sales all seem to have died down a bit too! Only a few albums last year got to number 1 around the time of year because of The Greatest Showman, so phew. 

12,000 sales for an artist as commercial as Pink is ridiculously low, but maybe that’s just how things are in 2019. 

Actually, ignore me. I just re-read the article and it says she is 12,000 sales ahead of the nearest competition. It doesn't say how much she has sold so far but I guess we'll find out on Friday. Sorry! I thought that was weird. 

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/pink-set-for-third-uk-number-1-album-with-hurts-2b-human__26179/

3 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

Can anyone explain to me how pre sales work. Like so they wait until release day to classed as sales?

Yes that’s my understanding. So if Madonna has 20,000 pre sales and then sells 7,000 on day 1 of release, the first day sales would come through as 27,000. 

So by the Monday midweeks we will know how safe it’s looking as we will know what margin the pre sales have given her. 

5 minutes ago, Silverfox said:

Actually, ignore me. I just re-read the article and it says she is 12,000 sales ahead of the nearest competition. It doesn't say how much she has sold so far but I guess we'll find out on Friday. Sorry! I thought that was weird. 

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/pink-set-for-third-uk-number-1-album-with-hurts-2b-human__26179/

Aha!

I just checked on Buzzjack and the Monday midweeks have her at just under 31k. 

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?s=f04b710a9af35c6a80b8e58191aadeba&showtopic=221754

We just have to accept that the biggest hit from this album will not be the lead single, because whether you like it or not, Medellin is a terrible lead song choice.

1 hour ago, yououghttavogue said:

We just have to accept that the biggest hit from this album will not be the lead single, because whether you like it or not, Medellin is a terrible lead song choice.

What? The song is a perfect lead. It's huge all over social media. People love it, the press love it. It's getting so much hype. It's better received than Taylor or Beyonce.

I guess you've missed all the posts about artists charting. 🤷

1 hour ago, yououghttavogue said:

1 hour ago, Flip The Switch said:

No it’s not.

9 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

What? The song is a perfect lead. It's huge all over social media. People love it, the press love it. It's getting so much hype. It's better received than Taylor or Beyonce.

I guess you've missed all the posts about artists charting. 🤷

@Flip The Switch and @jonski43, this was its immediate reaction when it saw the Madame X track listing for the first time ("crying" for NOT a good reason): 

ACTrhYP.jpg

jLXRkPJ.jpg

Chances are it will fucking hate the entire album / era anyway so do not even bother. We have not even heard the rest of the album yet of course this thing has the audacity to conclude that "Medellín" is not the right lead single. Know who you can trust. 

As long as I exist on this forum, these fucking negative cunts will not have it easy for them. I will expose them for who they are. 

7 hours ago, ooohlala said:

Yes that’s my understanding. So if Madonna has 20,000 pre sales and then sells 7,000 on day 1 of release, the first day sales would come through as 27,000. 

So by the Monday midweeks we will know how safe it’s looking as we will know what margin the pre sales have given her. 

Yes and having so many different versions of the album will make her presale more

10 hours ago, Ven Conmigo said:

honestly, i would put the chances of madonna hitting no.1 in uk and us both at 50/50.

3 hours ago, yououghttavogue said:

Is there ever NOT an issue with what Madonna does?? 🙄 This seems to be a PATTERN, so can't say I'm surprised with this opinion.....but anyways......

No, just because the song hasn't skyrocketed to #1 in 45 countries doesn't mean it's a bad single choice. In fact, this is her best and bravest choice for a lead single since the early 00's. So closed minded.....and bad taste too. Eww.....NEXT!!

2 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Is there ever NOT an issue with what Madonna does?? 🙄 This seems to be a PATTERN, so can't say I'm surprised with this opinion.....but anyways......

No, just because the song hasn't skyrocketed to #1 in 45 countries doesn't mean it's a bad single choice. In fact, this is her best and bravest choice for a lead single since the early 00's. So closed minded.....and bad taste too. Eww.....NEXT!!

I have to agree with you ... Our girl is the one & only since forever

Medellin is sublime

Indeed Medellin is doing what is supposed to do; getting people known she has new, good music out. I've been told by coworkers that they really like the new madonna song. it's been the first time since years they know madonna has a new song out. This hasnt happened with mdna, rebel heart. she's back! for the gp.

33 minutes ago, ashtangi74 said:

Indeed Medellin is doing what is supposed to do; getting people known she has new, good music out. I've been told by coworkers that they really like the new madonna song. it's been the first time since years they know madonna has a new song out. This hasnt happened with mdna, rebel heart. she's back! for the gp.

Agree. And the GP doesn ´t care about chart positions.

Would anyone like to swap with Taylor Swift fans?

Have a new basic song out which might rocket to number 1 but is total trash?

10 hours ago, yououghttavogue said:

yououghttagoaway tbqh.

And never come back. 

48 minutes ago, Musicinferno said:

Agree. And the GP doesn ´t care about chart positions.

Would anyone like to swap with Taylor Swift fans?

Have a new basic song out which might rocket to number 1 but is total trash?

FUCK NO!!!