Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion

11 minutes ago, Titty said:

Errr..of course.  Why not? 

Cause its a stupid idea, its shady (can't really check the streams) and you actually don't buy a shit?

But anyways, will Madame X debut on N1 in the UK? Is there other contenders that could stop her from getting the N1? When will we have the first predictions? Has Sam Smith released something for fathers day?

2 minutes ago, elijah said:

Cause its a stupid idea, its shady (can't really check the streams) and you actually don't buy a shit?

But anyways, will Madame X debut on N1 in the UK? Is there other contenders that could stop her from getting the N1? When will we have the first predictions? Has Sam Smith released something for fathers day?

Yes they count and although I have bought 10+ physical copies I have a premium Spotify account and I continuously play the album through it in my car, at work (on mute) and also at home. Please continue to do this to maintain her streaming numbers against Bruce Springsteen this week. 

4 minutes ago, elijah said:

It is looking difficult for her in the UK. Bruce Springsteen seems to be doing quite well but we will find out the midweeks today.

Bruce Springsteen's album is also the album of the week on Radio2 this week which is the only radio that normally supports M.

6 minutes ago, elijah said:

Now Bruce is #1 in the Itunes chart, but Madonna has multiple versions and the sum will beat him

52 minutes ago, Hobbit said:

Now Bruce is #1 in the Itunes chart, but Madonna has multiple versions and the sum will beat him

The second version is out of the top 200, that's not what's gonna help her be #1 when she's currently #4 on UK iTunes… The second version helped when it was #15 but now it's basically selling 3 copies/hour.

1 hour ago, elijah said:

Sam Smith is more of a Mother's Day thing, Bruce is more Father's Day I'd say, which is the case here. Hoping those multiple formats push the album ahead.

17 minutes ago, Lament said:

The second version is out of the top 200, that's not what's gonna help her be #1 when she's currently #4 on UK iTunes… The second version helped when it was #15 but now it's basically selling 3 copies/hour.

Yes I know, i was thinking about physical formats

42 minutes ago, Lament said:

I'm assuming because everyone will just want the deluxe version for the extra £1, plus the deluxe version is the format iTunes has been pushing.

24 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Although the wording in the article is odd. It could be read as if Bruce has 16k sales.

Indeed. It's quite ambiguous. Maybe they're both around 16k sales and Bruce is slightly above her. Is streaming included in those figures?

40 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

I just don’t get how the fuck Bruce Springsteen is selling more than a new Madonna album. Her popularity must’ve decreased so much in the UK, it makes me sad 

I think it's more that Bruce has had a resurgence in the UK and is now a national treasure of sorts. Simon Mayo loved him and played him all the time. He's now a cool artist to like but everytime people request him, they always ask for the same four our five songs from Born in the USA. Just being female puts M at an immediate disadvantage.

I'm sure if they were desperate enough like slob they would have done anything for the number one but M isn't like that.

She'll accept that position with good grace.

does that means the majority of people who bought the tickets didn't redeem the cds?

15 dates at the london palladium (2286 seats according to wiki) should have a maximum of 34290 tickets 

1 minute ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Her sales look fine though, don't they?

They're great and another week that would have guaranteed a number 1. RH had similar figures on the first update back in 2015 so I'd say this is a fantastic result for her. We should be proud.

Just now, ffggg8526 said:

does that means the majority of people who bought the tickets didn't redeem the cds?

15 dates at the london palladium (2286 seats according to wiki) should have a maximum of 34290 tickets 

They're not included in the UK. The OCC don't allow bundles unless the price including CD is different 

1 minute ago, stevo208 said:

They're not included in the UK. The OCC don't allow bundles unless the price including CD is different 

damn that really sucks. It could have helped her beat Bruce 

I’m unsure whether “the one show” in the uk has more than 1 viewer but she’s on an interview with Rylan on BBC1 tv in 10 minutes , miniature but may get a few sales ??