Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion

9 minutes ago, Ven Conmigo said:

Mind yo business. He and other forum members have sources which have provided a lot of reliable Madonna insider info in the past. It’s wise for them to keep their names on the dl so the info keeps coming. 

Thank you. 😘

1 hour ago, Mario Lopez said:

I totally get your statement about Madonna fans not pre-ordering Madame X because of the tour ticket bundles, but this is a theater tour. Average seats in these theaters are what? 2,000 seats? And even though there are many tour dates happening in cities like NYC and LA, there are TONS of Madonna fans who are not able to attend the Madame X Tour because the theaters are small and intimate. So where are THEIR pre-orders? Where are the pre-orders from the many fans that are NOT going to the Madame X Tour? That's the real question I'm wondering about. Hopefully, we will see more pre-orders happening on iTunes, Amazon, etc. and hopefully a lot of streaming during the release week and beyond on Spotify, Apple, etc.

I think Madonna fans who will not attend the tour and not preorder on Amazon iTunes etc, will just buy Madame X on the stores like Walmart, Target etc, they didn't preorder on Amazon etc because they don't wanna pay the shipping cost and want to get the Madame X albums earlier, because if they preorder on Amazon, it will Take 2-3 days by mail to get the CD which will be around June 17-19 so they will just go to Walmart or Target stores in their neck of the wood to buy Madame X CD as soon as possible on June 14 because they cannot wait. 

Edited by metalissimo
Info

18 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

I think Madonna fans who will not attend the tour and not preorder on Amazon iTunes etc, will just buy Madame X on the stores like Walmart, Target etc, they didn't preorder on Amazon etc because they don't wanna pay the shipping cost and want to get the Madame X albums earlier, because if they preorder on Amazon, it will Take 2-3 days by mail to get the CD which will be around June 17-19 so they will just go to Walmart or Target stores in their neck of the wood to buy Madame X CD as soon as possible on June 14 because they cannot wait. 

Usually they ship these things out so they are received by release day 

I have to import it since it's not going to have physical versions available on release date here in my country. So I'm buying my editions from Amazon UK. Hope it be #1

I’m sorry but what can she do with CNN? Back in the day they had Larry King and Anderson Cooper, but what could it be? A website interview? 

Well there’s also the taped interview for The Today Show out in June 14th.

With 6 days left of sales what are your opinions on Madame x chart debut . Are we looking at top 5 now that lil nas and Bruce same day & bastille . I’m so disappointed. Wish she’d delay release now 

In the UK I think she still has a shot at #1, in the USA #2 if Lil Nas explodes, because they are still waiting to see if he’s a one hit wonder, and the EP is only sold via digital and streaming.

20 minutes ago, leeagainstthemusic said:

I’m still praying that the Graham Norton appearance will help boost her sales to no1. Father’s Day is on 16th so hopefully sales will have slowed down by the end of the week giving her a chance at no1

Father's Day fuck!!!! Bruce will be popular. It was mother's day when Sam Smith rereleased his album the same day as RH or something. Fgs lol

54 minutes ago, smirnoff_ice said:

Dont fathers like Madonna? 

Gay dad's do like me!! We love our queen

So after the pointless flogging of the dead horse that was Medellin, I see Radio 2 now have ZERO Madonna on their playlist for release week. Great.

18 minutes ago, Kim said:

So after the pointless flogging of the dead horse that was Medellin, I see Radio 2 now have ZERO Madonna on their playlist for release week. Great.

Maybe they’ll play album tracks like they did with Rebel Heart? It was the album of the week kind of thing.  I heard Messiah once or twice and Ghosttown. 

Not sure if this has been brought up but anyone think the fact it's fathers day in the the Sunday of release weekend may push Bruce Springsteen to number one? I can see a lot of people getting in as a gift.

52 minutes ago, Fever said:

Maybe they’ll play album tracks like they did with Rebel Heart? It was the album of the week kind of thing.  I heard Messiah once or twice and Ghosttown. 

Yeah I'm pretty sure she'll be Album of the Week on the 17th. I remember MDNA and Rebel Heart were. 

11 minutes ago, Kim said:

It was played a grand total of one time back in May.

Sometimes they do have an album of the week or something, right? I’m hoping for that! 

11 minutes ago, smirnoff_ice said:

Sometimes they do have an album of the week or something, right? I’m hoping for that! 

Apparently so. I don't listen to Radio 2 anyway, just going by what I've read and the radio2u site that lists who played what and when on UK radio.

9 hours ago, Kim said:

It was played a grand total of one time back in May.

That’s terrible I just don’t get why Crave isn’t getting the recognition  with radio it’s far more radio friendly and a good song.

37 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

That’s terrible I just don’t get why Crave isn’t getting the recognition  with radio it’s far more radio friendly and a good song.

Maybe because 'Crave' was intended as a US-only release. In Italy (i'd say her most supportive market...Medellin was a top 10 airplay hit), i've never heard it once. And that got me thinking...

14 hours ago, Kim said:

That's sad, I enjoyed randomly hearing Medellin on Radio 2, even if it was a botched radio edit.

So, what's the second single in the UK and in the rest of the world outside of the US for that matter?

In my home country Greece where I was for the past 2 weeks once again it is like she doesn't even exist. The same thing that happened with MDNA and Rebel Heart.

Keep in mind that Celebration spent 9 weeks at No1 on the Greek Airplay Chart. How could one go from having a 9 week No1 hit to nothing overnight? The power of Warner... She used to have a very dedicated Greek team at the local Warner offices. Now no one does anything to push her music.

6 hours ago, iasonas said:

So, what's the second single in the UK and in the rest of the world outside of the US for that matter?

In my home country Greece where I was for the past 2 weeks once again it is like she doesn't even exist. The same thing that happened with MDNA and Rebel Heart.

Keep in mind that Celebration spent 9 weeks at No1 on the Greek Airplay Chart. How could one go from having a 9 week No1 hit to nothing overnight? The power of Warner... She used to have a very dedicated Greek team at the local Warner offices. Now no one does anything to push her music.

Medellin got played quite a lot on Radio 2. Crave has been played only once apparently. Obviously Crave is out as a single but not being played for some reason. 

7 hours ago, santiago said:

Does the Boxset count as only one copy or three??

Probably just one. Also if you buy multiple copies of something in one transaction it only counts as one. All my different copies are coming from different retailers so that is 8  sales from me 😂   

Has anyone been into HMV to preorder the special copy of the album? considering they have an exclusive edition of one a next weeks biggest releases I couldn't find any  mention of it in my local store or on the HMV website.