Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion

Scott Mills is a funny looking cunt. He says she's not good enough for BBC Radio 1?

That says a lot about the DJ's and listeners of their sister station BBC Radio 2. Also, some tracks get played on BOTH stations so the clueless fuck has contradicted himself and has made himself look even more like a tit, if that was even possible. 

1 minute ago, side_streets said:

That's the fact. 😂

People of discernment have always known that radio has never been the place to find **good** music. Tori Amos receives zero airplay and she is a gazillion times better of an artist than bland rubbish like Celine Dion...as far as I know 

Crave in particular would be eaten up by radio 1 had it been released by Ellie Goulding (or whatever vapid ‘artist’ they play nowadays).

Medellin is great, it wont have been playlisted on radio 2 for as long as it has been if it was something to do with the quality of the song that it’s been ignored by radio 1. Listeners are clearly responding well to it on that station, and yet it’s somehow not good enough for radio 1? :chuckle:

Mills just makes me cringe tbh. 

Medellin is not good enough for their radio, Crave is not good enough?? even Ghosttown wasn't good enough?

This has nothing to do with music, they clearly have something against her personally. Period.

4 minutes ago, Andra said:

Medellin is not good enough for their radio, Crave is not good enough?? even Ghosttown wasn't good enough?

This has nothing to do with music, they clearly have something against her personally. Period.

Becoz Madonna not willing to give BJ 

3 hours ago, Andra said:

+1!!

The scrutinizing madonna and her fans have to put up with is absolutely astounishing.. they’d NEVER even dare say a bad word about springsteen or anyone else they also BANNED. But with madonna, they get a free pass. It’s absoutely disgusting and SO patronizing!

2 hours ago, Nikki said:

The scrutinizing madonna and her fans have to put up with is absolutely astounishing.. they’d NEVER even dare say a bad word about springsteen or anyone else they also BANNED. But with madonna, they get a free pass. It’s absoutely disgusting and SO patronizing!

Because Madonna is still...  RELEVANT and they know they'll get press for it but if you replace Madonna with any other legend, they wouldn't get nowhere near they amount if press because they're not as relevant as Madonna

I mean, did anybody care about Aretha Franklin for YEARS before her death, was she even known in the UK?

3 hours ago, smirnoff_ice said:

Do we know when she might do Graham Norton in the UK? I suppose this is not even confirmed yet.

It was kind of confirmed on his radio show a couple of weeks ago when he was chatting about Eurovision and Maria mentioned Madonna's performance and he quickly went to a record. She laughed and said is she coming in your show!

1 hour ago, Samo said:

Because Madonna is still...  RELEVANT and they know they'll get press for it but if you replace Madonna with any other legend, they wouldn't get nowhere near they amount if press because they're not as relevant as Madonna

I mean, did anybody care about Aretha Franklin for YEARS before her death, was she even known in the UK?

😂 Yes Aretha was known in the UK. She's a soul legend! But I know what you mean. Not had a hit in decades but then worshipped when she's gone.

I think Scott Mills is coming to the end of his career at radio one as he's 45 and wants to still seem relevant with the audience. Very disappointed in him. He's clinging on.

The radio situation is a difficult story. Madonna isn't played on radio for reasons beyond the music but also beyond just her age. Sadly she simply isn't cool anymore as she was. When we say that if the music she makes was presented by another artist they would play it, it is a reality that was the case for Madonna herself vs other artists when she was at her peak. A pop artis is not just the music. I know a lot of people who loved her and are extremely critical with her artistic choices, and despite I see things differently I understand them. As much as Madonna always been a pop artist she was also the smartest coolest, chick in music. Now Her styling is often not so interesting or innovative, her fashion choices uninspired and her recent videos( not from madame x) maybe fun but way too simplistic to be part of her legacy. I know this sounds very harsh. I still love her because nobody is as resilient as her and as creative in this stage of  life. Nevertheless there is a whole group of people that simply isn't interested in the artist she is now because they think she has been so great that this is just a reductive version of herself. The only way out for her was to go more left field. She tried with American life but it was a bad moment x politics  and the album was too pop x the alternative and too alternative to be fully pop. Confession was a way to make a U turn but even if great it was the album that branded her as a more superficial artist for a generation that knows her for that album hard candy and mdna. If I was born in the new millennium I would not be a fan. Fortunately mandame x is starting again from where she left the good part of her career. American life. Radios will not play her but she has more important things to do as  an artist, such as taking care of her legacy and producing good music that quite soon will be re-evaluated. Even the haters loves Madonna!!!!

17 minutes ago, samosamosamo said:

The radio situation is a difficult story. Madonna isn't played on radio for reasons beyond the music but also beyond just her age. Sadly she simply isn't cool anymore as she was. When we say that if the music she makes was presented by another artist they would play it, it is a reality that was the case for Madonna herself vs other artists when she was at her peak. A pop artis is not just the music. I know a lot of people who loved her and are extremely critical with her artistic choices, and despite I see things differently I understand them. As much as Madonna always been a pop artist she was also the smartest coolest, chick in music. Now Her styling is often not so interesting or innovative, her fashion choices uninspired and her recent videos( not from madame x) maybe fun but way too simplistic to be part of her legacy. I know this sounds very harsh. I still love her because nobody is as resilient as her and as creative in this stage of  life. Nevertheless there is a whole group of people that simply isn't interested in the artist she is now because they think she has been so great that this is just a reductive version of herself. The only way out for her was to go more left field. She tried with American life but it was a bad moment x politics  and the album was too pop x the alternative and too alternative to be fully pop. Confession was a way to make a U turn but even if great it was the album that branded her as a more superficial artist for a generation that knows her for that album hard candy and mdna. If I was born in the new millennium I would not be a fan. Fortunately mandame x is starting again from where she left the good part of her career. American life. Radios will not play her but she has more important things to do as  an artist, such as taking care of her legacy and producing good music that quite soon will be re-evaluated. Even the haters loves Madonna!!!!

But Radio 2 has been playing Medillin a lot and they're owned by Radio 1, so it makes no sense

He kinda shaded Radio 2....

Just now, Samo said:

But Radio 2 has been playing Medillin a lot and they're owned by Radio 1, so it makes no sense

He absolutely did. His career is over. He'll be blow jobbing old men for bingo money by the end of the year. Mark my words.

8 hours ago, stevo208 said:

Scott Mills is a funny looking cunt. He says she's not good enough for BBC Radio 1?

That says a lot about the DJ's and listeners of their sister station BBC Radio 2. Also, some tracks get played on BOTH stations so the clueless fuck has contradicted himself and has made himself look even more like a tit, if that was even possible. 

Scott Mills and his professional opinions are as influential and important as my half eaten packet of blacked pepper rivettas. 

20 minutes ago, Samo said:

No duobt about that. He is just a moron. I was just moving beyond his irrelevant comments to look at the whole radios issue more at large.

25 minutes ago, ashtangi74 said:

Madonna is on Graham Norton next week.

She's on Friday 14th June so yes. Paws down has just confirmed it. It's recorded on Wednesday or Thursday night though.

11 hours ago, Andra said:

This Radio1 twat comments are idiotic. The songs she is putting out there, and has been doing over past years since they stopped playing her, are of much better quality than 80% of the rubbish they play at Radio1.

It's obviously not about music... And age is definitely one of the reasons why! I honestly don't give a shit about Radio1, but it's just frustrating that a radio station feels entitled to dictate what kind of music should be promoted or not, and what constitutes good music or not.

It's actually insulting to all of us Madonna fans, specially those of us in the UK who pay they salaries at the BBC through our tv license.

10 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

She's on Friday 14th June so yes. Paws down has just confirmed it. It's recorded on Wednesday or Thursday night though.

Fuuucckkk! I’ve got a ticket for that night!! I was so disappointed as I thought it was just Sheryl Crow!

3 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Fuuucckkk! I’ve got a ticket for that night!! I was so disappointed as I thought it was just Sheryl Crow!

That's amazing! Please do let us know how it all goes after the tapping.

7 hours ago, luluthecat said:

Congratulations! Enjoy.

12 hours ago, samosamosamo said:

Madonna at her super "cool intelligent chick" peak, even when she had her age and all those things on her side, she was still unlikeable, hated and disrespected.

She could do all things right, young people are not going to stan a 60 year old female pop singer. Period.

Those other people who are simply not interested in the artist she is now, what other artists have they moved on to and enjoy now? just curious.

23 hours ago, Vogue992 said:

Yeah right, cause Radio 1 plays so many good songs......FUCK OFF

:lmao: I know.  It's diabolical to say she isn't "good enough" yet shitty acts like Ellie Goulding and Justin Bieber are played on a regular basis.

WE know the real reason why they won't play her and it stinks.

22 hours ago, Andra said:

Precisely!