Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion

Sorry if this has been asked (sure it has...many x lol) just haven't had a chance to follow this thread much but how likely is #1 looking in the UK? Even though this is a UK thread also curious about Australia too. 🙂 

Well Future has went in at 50 in Scotland, not even charted in other UK charts, and Medellin did well in Scotland too. Come on Madge and ditch London and give us some Scottish dates ffs! 

55 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Sorry if this has been asked (sure it has...many x lol) just haven't had a chance to follow this thread much but how likely is #1 looking in the UK? Even though this is a UK thread also curious about Australia too. 🙂 

...a UK No.1 isn’t unrealistic. But with Rebel Heart it amazing charted at No.2 behind the god awful Sam Smith debute which had already been out for 100 years......the GBGP are getting more basic year on year, so who knows, they’ll probably put Jess Glynn or Ed Sheeran back at No.1 that week 🙄 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Unfortunately, I think Bruce Springsteen is going to keep Madonna from the #1 spot that week in the UK and US.  He's got a lot of loyal fans and he's been running an aggressive campaign, especially on the internet.  His last four albums were both #1 in both countries among others, without any hit singles. 

24 minutes ago, Amelia said:

Unfortunately, I think Bruce Springsteen is going to keep Madonna from the #1 spot that week in the UK and US.  He's got a lot of loyal fans and he's been running an aggressive campaign, especially on the internet.  His last four albums were both #1 in both countries among others, without any hit singles. 

I have to agree with that. And not releasing the Mirwais tracks that are getting all the hype is another big mistake. This is what the fans are waiting for, not the duets with Quavo. 

14 minutes ago, Amelia said:

Yes and he s been  milking this fanbase with greatest hits tours since forever...I respect him but M NEW music is da thing I crave no matter how she ll do on the charts

8 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I have to agree with that. And not releasing the Mirwais tracks that are getting all the hype is another big mistake. This is what the fans are waiting for, not the duets with Quavo. 

his last album sold 40k and the one before that 99k in the US

3 minutes ago, Nikki said:

His fans are far more dedicated to his brand.  He doesn't stray too far from his usual formula.  His sales for his last several albums I believe have been more than Madonna's last several albums.  Though, I do think in the UK it might be a tight race between the two.  I think Bruce has the advantage in the U.S. though. The album is geared more to Southern Rock.  He isn't as polarizing as Madonna as well and his sound taps into the more country side of music which could also help him sell more albums.

1 minute ago, idro said:

Yes and he s been  milking this fanbase with greatest hits tours since forever...I respect him but M NEW music is da thing I crave no matter how she ll do on the charts

I agree. I would love for her to get a number 1 album again.  Though, Bruce has been far more consistent with his releases and sound.  I'm eager to see the outcome, but I won't set myself up for disappointment as I know Bruce has consistently done well for most of his album releases. 

Does Bruce have many different formats of his album? Hoping promotion starts happening very soon, it kind of feels like nothing is being done a side from a few performances. Like wasn't Crave supposed to hit radio this week? has it?

7 minutes ago, Nikki said:

But true M fans should know after decades she s not a safe artist and she has allways given first choices to the new collaborations in her new music . 

I can imagine some fans who aren't really informed or up to date with M and only know the Maluma song or Eurovision may have a wrong impression on what the album could be like

throw in a creative & special Mirwais track (and video) and she may gain some more interest from older fans. I think the following week she should also release a song, not just wait two weeks

2 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

his last album sold 40k and the one before that 99k in the US

His last studio album (99k one) was a covers album. Also his 2012 album sold more then Madonnas without tour bundles in the US.  So he is competition. Although he doesnt have tour bundles so she should be fine in the US.

Uk he will be tough to beat without proper promotion.

13 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

Does Bruce have many different formats of his album? Hoping promotion starts happening very soon, it kind of feels like nothing is being done a side from a few performances. Like wasn't Crave supposed to hit radio this week? has it?

No, he tends to release just one standard format. 

10 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

His last studio album (99k one) was a covers album. Also his 2012 album sold more then Madonnas without tour bundles in the US.  So he is competition. Although he doesnt have tour bundles so she should be fine in the US.

I'm not sure about this.  The album is very geared to Southern rock and somewhat a tribute to Glenn Campbell's style of music.  It'll probably cross over to country listeners and that's a highly profitable genre in the U.S. Being it is his first studio album of original material (non-covers), in several years, it'll probably do very well.

Edited by Amelia aka Neutrocks

4 hours ago, AlanLongoria said:

What is this aggressive Bruce campaign I'm hearing about...

As aggressive as his last single having 2M views in YouTube in one month, he doesn’t have the streaming power that M has (even if little, she can push some units).

I wonder if Madonna is giving other interviews to the gay press. The July issue of Attitude was just released, but nothing on Madonna. Nothing in the June/July issue of Out either.

16 hours ago, alanuk said:

Well Future has went in at 50 in Scotland, not even charted in other UK charts, and Medellin did well in Scotland too. Come on Madge and ditch London and give us some Scottish dates ffs! 

And Crave charted last week. Is this one of the few countries in the world where all the songs have actually entered the (real) singles chart?

The failure of Future to even dent the UK chart after Eurovision is slightly worrying in fact. 

Anyway, okay...  Graham Norton, but what else? We need some proper promo!

16 hours ago, Amelia said:

This is the only part I can't agree with you, friend. M has a hell lotta loyal fans and the Mx initial campaign has been very aggresive. We can do it, let's stream the shit outta this album when it launches and bought it too.

11 hours ago, AlanLongoria said:

What is this aggressive Bruce campaign I'm hearing about...

Being a white straight man....

Just "kidding"

45 minutes ago, AlvaroLiam said:

This is the only part I can't agree with you, friend. M has a hell lotta loyal fans and the Mx initial campaign has been very aggresive. We can do it, let's stream the shit outta this album when it launches and bought it too.

I actually agree Madonna's been pushing it hard and  has a lot of loyal fans as well.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that Bruce's people are really pushing his album. I've seen a lot of ads on social media pushing his album as well.   I fear that he'll be her competition, especially in the U.S.  I guess we'll see what happens. I hope Madonna hits that #1 spot.  😉

36 minutes ago, Amelia said:

I actually agree Madonna's been pushing it hard and  has a lot of loyal fans as well.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that Bruce's people are really pushing his album. I've seen a lot of ads on social media pushing his album as well.   I fear that he'll be her competition, especially in the U.S.  I guess we'll see what happens. I hope Madonna hits that #1 spot.  😉

Well it depends who you follow. I havent seen one add for him and only know he is releasing because M fans keep talking about it. At least Madonna is in every newspaper for the past month (good or bad). 

I wonder how well her album is selling in pre-orders.

Physical releases are very low on Amazon's charts in US (#265, Bruce is #3) or UK (#36, Bruce is #2). I really hope it doesn't turn out to be a major flop.

18 hours ago, Nikki said:

I have to agree with that. And not releasing the Mirwais tracks that are getting all the hype is another big mistake.

Maybe her strategy isn't that wrong: The Latin and urban tracks opened many doors to a new and younger audience and revitalized the interest of many radio stations. There's still enough time for the release of a more commercial pop single to be on time with the album release. Apart from a few minor disasters, everything could still be well on schedule and the #discostomper with the drag queens could be out in June for the New York Gay Pride.

On 5/26/2019 at 3:31 PM, Crystal Coffin said:

Because, you know, anyone who doesn't love/adore/respect/worship/venerate/admire Madonna in the same manner as Maluma, is automatically a shady bitchcunt who hates her. 

That is how truly ridiculous her fans have become.

I think your on to something.

5 hours ago, Amelia said:

Where are you? I've seen nothing.

The thing is, if you've googled his name to check him out, Google will see you're interested. In the UK, I've literally heard his latest single once perhaps twice and they love him on radio 2. I've seen and heard zero about the new album anywhere else though.

So it could be you've searched and now they're serving you that content!

22 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

His last proper album from 2012 sold just over 500,000 copies in the US, MDNA sold slightly more

10 minutes ago, Samo said:

His last proper album from 2012 sold just over 500,000 copies in the US, MDNA sold slightly more

*with tour bundles.  In the end it will come down to how many people redeem. 

I think people are underestimating how much album sales have fallen since 2015. An album selling as much as RH would grab headlines. Madonna and Springsteen can no longer rely on their loyal fan base to get a no 1 album. I believe Madonna may have an advantage due to the tour bundle and the multiple editions. But don't be surprised if neither hits no 1.