Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
7 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I doubt that very much. Madonna knew the performance would receive a backlash which it has. Nothing is a surprise here if it would have leaked what she was about to do we would all of been prepared for the backlash as well for the political statement.

Madonna knew she would ruffle feathers so to say she won't perform live again before the tour because of the criticism of Eurovision she has received doesn't seem true.....she instigated the controversy herself.

If she was going to focus on the tour after the Eurovision I think the album would of dropped this week but instead there is another 4 weeks to go so obviously there is more promo planned which will I imagine involve live performances. She hasn't performed the offcial 2nd single yet so no doubt they'll be a performance of Crave coming up somewhere before June 15th. 

Promotiom didn't massively help RH I agree .....but this time she has hired in fetaures for the singles for Madame X for a reason. She hasn't worked with Swan Lee (one of Americas biggest streaming artists) just to sneak out a video. She has aligned herself with people as part of the strategy to raise her digital profile and increase her online streaming/digital sales. 

I think we will be seeing a lot more of M promoting Crave in the next few weeks.

As long as you know you are speculating and not setting yourself up for disappointment.  I'm not saying NOTHING is going to happen between now and when the album drops, but I just have this feeling it's not going to play out as your hoping here.  Certainly she knew she was going to ruffle feathers with her Eurovision, but that certainly doesn't mean she has this huge promotional tour that you're hoping for. 

In the end, neither of us knows what is happening next other than the Crave Video coming out soon and Dark Ballet.  We can only assume the rest until we hear more.  What I do know is that she's really kept so much under wraps as much as possible. So anything is possible, but with Madonna I know not to "expect the expected".

5 minutes ago, Alfastar said:

Yeah I couldn’t think of any others unless she did loose women, but either Jonathan or graham would be good really.

Oh God please no loose woman.

21 minutes ago, Kim said:

SO back to the UK CHART AND PROMO talk...

Would we prefer Graham or Jonathan?  Is there an embargo on doing BOTH? (Graham's, how shall we say, stunned silence last night wasn't exactly helpful)

Definitely Ross. 

I think Norton has gone off her and the WE interview wasn’t his or her finest hour.

2 minutes ago, Amelia said:

As long as you know you are speculating and not setting yourself up for disappointment.  I'm not saying NOTHING is going to happen between now and when the album drops, but I just have this feeling it's not going to play out as your hoping here.  Certainly she knew she was going to ruffle feathers with her Eurovision, but that certainly doesn't mean she has this huge promotional tour that you're hoping for. 

In the end, neither of us knows what is happening next other than the Crave Video coming out soon and Dark Ballet.  We can only assume the rest until we hear more.  What I do know is that she's really kept so much under wraps as much as possible. So anything is possible, but with Madonna I know not to "expect the expected".

I didnt say a huge promotional tour just that I doubt she won't perform again until the tour which is what you suggested. I do think Crave will get a performance before the album drops. 

We can only speculate that's true and Madame X is anything but predictable. 

Oh god not Loose Women 🤣

Yeah I like that Jonathan was the only interviewer (as far as I'm aware) that's ever questioned her about her brother's book for example. Her '92 stint with him is a classic. I'd love for another like that. Graham would be more fun I suppose (depending on Madonna's mood!) but it's all filler and nothing of substance.

Also as much as I like her having the whole hour to herself (being our last remaining music SUPERSTAR  afterall), seeing her interacting with other (unrelated) guests could be fun if they ever went down that route.

Loose Women is more for TOWIE and soap star guests, and Martika.

i think Jonathan Ross would be good, but she was on his show for Rebel Heart.

3 minutes ago, Kim said:

Cuntleen Nolan before and after Madonna's finished with her...

colleen 1.jpgcoleen 2.jpg

That was me at the party after my friends didn't like her performance last night 😂

Are we going to mention the appalling discussions that have taken place on Good Morning Britain as it reacts to Eurovision...Morgan yet again attatcking. 

What I love about what he said is the irony that he never watches Eurovision and hates it yet sat through it all waiting for Madonna....that's the power of an icon right there! 

Much of the discussion was around how she looked and I did agree the heavy armour, eye patch etc did distract from her ovivois beauty that night although I appreciate the over done look to cement the hard edged message.

The performance really was to deep/conceptual for the general public to enjoy. Sorry to revisit but felt I needed to express it as this is the UK thread. 

Just now, Confessit said:

Are we going to mention the appalling discussions that have taken place on Good Morning Britain as it reacts to Eurovision...Morgan yet again attatcking. 

What I love about what he said is the irony that he never watches Eurovision and hates it yet sat through it all waiting for Madonna....that's the power of an icon right there! 

Much of the discussion was around how she looked and I did agree the heavy armour, eye patch etc did distract from her ovivois beauty that night although I appreciate the over done look to cement the hard edged message.

The performance really was to deep/conceptual for the general public to enjoy. Sorry to revisit but felt I needed to express it as this is the UK thread. 

Piers Morgan is really obsessed, like a crazy stalker. I bet he's a fan in disguise and secretly adores her...

Just now, Rebel Saviour said:

Piers Morgan is really obsessed, like a crazy stalker. I bet he's a fan in disguise and secretly adores her...

I can't stand the man although the performance does, if I'm being objective, create very easy tabloid fodder for criticism. Just like the MATM collaboration with Britney was tailor made for parodys. 

Whatever she planned on doing after Eurovision will happen. I don't see anything changing, we just don't know what it is yet. As others have said, she probably expected the criticism. And as always, it will not stop her.

19 hours ago, Kim said:

Yeah she can do radio (NOT ZOE!)  if she wants but we want to see her on TV obvs, and maybe even performing of course.

Discussions are underway for some great TV promo 🤞

I really hope there is a miracle she somehow gets that No1 on the UK albums chart. It looks like it is going to happen in the US because they are doing the tour bundles the right way this time with physical copies, all the 1st week etc..

We should be really glad Radio2 exists. They A Listed Masterpiece, Ghosttown and now Medellin. Did they A list Living for Love too?

Things could have been much worse for her Livenation albums in the UK without the exposure she got on Radio2.

Jonathan Ross definitely. 

Or bring Party back out of retirement for a two hour special 

Does Alan Carr still do one? Haha could hit his drinks cabinet 

1 minute ago, Dr Lecter said:

Does Alan Carr still do one? Haha could hit his drinks cabinet 

I don't think Madonna could dumb herself down to Carrs level and sit and talk/joke about what beverage she is going to drink for 15 minutes. 😂

Or do a special hosted by the author Matt Cain who was great against Piers Morgan this morning .and he saw a true loon who appreciates her  And let her do a couple of classics and new songs and show everyone what and who the fuck she is