Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion

1 hour ago, Bretticus said:

Radio airplay makes no difference to the charts in the UK, but it gives exposure to a song which in turn can increase sales and streaming. It's kind of baffling that say 8,000 UK fans haven't bothered to purchase the track, but if a physical or physicals were released, we'd have another top 40 hit guaranteed. Oh well.

Very true! That's a good point, perhaps a strategy could be is about releasing an exclusive single limited edition to get people to buy it, or a picture disc.

9 hours ago, Bretticus said:

Radio airplay makes no difference to the charts in the UK, but it gives exposure to a song which in turn can increase sales and streaming. It's kind of baffling that say 8,000 UK fans haven't bothered to purchase the track, but if a physical or physicals were released, we'd have another top 40 hit guaranteed. Oh well.

Well releasing it on a Wednesday didn't help which meant it only had two days of sales.

But to me there seems something very off about streaming and sales. It wouldn't surprise me if some massive scam comes out in the near future.

The whole adding of songs to playlists and removing them etc. I just feel it's being massively manipulated.

They had Ellie Goulding on TV a few days ago and said she'd 'sold' 110 million singles which is just ridiculous. 

Anybody know when Medellin remixes available to buy on iTunes ? Plus was there any mention of it on midweeks . It’s been static in iTunes for 3 weeks often raising few spots every few days , mean nothing ??

8 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

Anybody know when Medellin remixes available to buy on iTunes ? Plus was there any mention of it on midweeks . It’s been static in iTunes for 3 weeks often raising few spots every few days , mean nothing ??

Remixes will be available at 12am in whatever you country you live in later today.

9 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

So it will be the third week that thebsong is A listed?

Yes, it's great! This is what we need so people remember the song when they're shopping and pick up the CD!

3 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Yes, it's great! This is what we need so people remember the song when they're shopping and pick up the CD!

Yes it is fantastic. I wonder if they add Crave also the same week or maybe the week after.

11 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Yes it is fantastic. I wonder if they add Crave also the same week or maybe the week after.

Their playlists are announced Wednesdays so when Crave is released tomorrow it may be on their playlist next Wednesday 

19 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

Medellín is #40 on iTunes so it’s sticking around, thanks to Radio 2 probably 

I’ve enjoyed all the Madame X songs but Medellín was the right choice for the debut. 

On 5/5/2019 at 10:46 PM, Bretticus said:

Yes they have definitely missed the trick with this release. A limited edition 12" would have had it another Top 40 but alas her record company couldn't give a shit. The fact she is on Radio 2 is a good thing but doesn't automatically generate sales/streams especially from this demographic. It also doesn't help they decided to release the remixes three weeks later and on a Thursday? There is no reasoning with it at all, it like self-sabotage. They could have released the single on a Friday, the remixes after the Billboard Awards to build on momentum and give us a 12"!

I’m kind of baffled too . So Medellin has approx 40m views on YouTube combining audio and billboard , ( living for love has half this nearly 5 years later) , it’s top 40 since day one iTunes, from what I read Spotify streams are ok but a lot lot better than anything off Rebel heart for example so how come this ain’t charting ?? 

What am I missing ??? Did loving for love and ghosttown sell millions on iTunes , I just  don’t remember this 

10 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

I’m kind of baffled too . So Medellin has approx 40m views on YouTube combining audio and billboard , ( living for love has half this nearly 5 years later) , it’s top 40 since day one iTunes, from what I read Spotify streams are ok but a lot lot better than anything off Rebel heart for example so how come this ain’t charting ?? 

What am I missing ??? Did loving for love and ghosttown sell millions on iTunes , I just  don’t remember this 

Ghosttown only got to 117 bit Medellin peaked at no 87. BIM didn't chart. LFL also had 2 cd singles available.

However, streaming remains a mystery to me. I swear it's a scam that will get exposed at some point in the future.

I think M's team are just focused on the album and tour rather than time and effort on getting to no 27 in the singles charts.

Will Young’s album has been pushed back to the week after.

3 hours ago, tasteinmen said:

Will Young’s album has been pushed back to the week after.

That’s good as he would have been a threat , just bastille and Bruce to beat now for a No.1 debut

59 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Will Young, a threat? 

I think he saw the threats and ran.

42 minutes ago, Ugly Hecty said:

UK Radio Airplay Chart:

22 (20) Medellin

Holding steady?

4 hours ago, calzolari said:

Medellin up on chart ?

The chart is out later today but Medellin is done. It peaked two weeks ago and Radio 2 is the only station playing it. I'd rather they removed it from their playlist and replaced it with Crave. At this point it's all about creating album buzz, so they need to keep on top of it.