Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion

1 minute ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Also up to 32 in the download charts and to 42 in Scotland. 

It'll be fine. It will go top 40 hopefully. That's the best we can hope for and that's great. Albums! ALBUMS!

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

It'll be a miracle if it goes Top 40 UK wide. Numbers just aren't there. Oh well.

Hate to bring her up but Kylie just scraped the top 40 on album release week after barely troubling the top 100 for weeks with Dancing. So M does have a shot at it too.

3 minutes ago, Kim said:

It'll be a miracle if it goes Top 40 UK wide. Numbers just aren't there. Oh well.

Not yet there not I agree.

I still believe the hit she will have here in the U.K. and in Europe is the next single, the one she takes to Eurovision IF she indeed is going to give us singles before June 14th.

I totally buy into the idea and hopefully plan of 2 leads, and the dance track being more successful in the here and across Europe. 

I could be wrong and she could choose to carry on promoting Medellin but I believe they'll be a second music video/performance and that will fair better over here than Medellin ever could. 

30 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

Hate to bring her up but Kylie just scraped the top 40 on album release week after barely troubling the top 100 for weeks with Dancing. So M does have a shot at it too.

Yeah but you couldn't get away from the incessant overdone promo that song got (not surprising as she only had one market to cover)

But if Madonna can't even go Top 30 on downloads/sales alone and is barely hitting 150k UK views on youtube then it's just not gonna happen. Unless...

29 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I could be wrong and she could choose to carry on promoting Medellin but I believe they'll be a second music video/performance and that will fair better over here than Medellin ever could. 

If she performs it on Eurovision it'll get a good boost. If she goes for something different then it's back to square one. Who knows?

I think Eurovision's goal for Madonna is bringing up her catalogue up to the front in the streaming era, something that hasn't really happened yet and the exposure will be humongous. I'll take that over current single charting. Hopefully she does Medellin though, that way we can have both kinds of success. 

16 minutes ago, Kim said:

If she performs it on Eurovision it'll get a good boost. If she goes for something different then it's back to square one. Who knows?

It certainly will get a boost but if she performs the 2nd single and its more catered for the UK market it will have a better chance from day 1 overall in terms of charts. I mean LFL got to number 24 and the song from the video set with the queens is described as a dance track so much more in line with her last top 30 here and that didn't have all of Europe watching. 

That said in my opinion the only way Medellin will move into the charts here is if she does promo but I can't see that happening soon I think after the BB awards she will promote in the states with Maluma before she starts rehersing for Eurovision.

1 minute ago, The Ghost said:

Medellin sold 5,893 copies in UK this week for that #87 place.

I want to buy it but I can't 😞 

I'm not paying for digital files..  I want physical stuff..  I'm not 18 😞

This was the issue when she moved to interscope sorry to cover old ground as it's been talked to death on here but the fact they stopped releasing psyical singles was a shame here in the U.K. and certainly affected single sales as many fans would of bought them.

But they are an almost dead act now and Madonna isn't alone in not releasing physicals but I wished when she went to interscope they still released them as the demand was there from fans.

It would be nice if we had a UK promo schedule, but other than Eurovision we don't know what (if anything) is coming up, or if they're just gonna save it for June and the album (wouldn't surprise me)

Just now, Kim said:

It would be nice if we had a UK promo schedule, but other than Eurovision we don't know what (if anything) is coming up, or if they're just gonna save it for June and the album (wouldn't surprise me)

Surly not they've started so strong and she has a new PR company so I'm hopeful for more fruitful promo.

It's nice to have had something for just a single. Not a big show and BAM album and your info. MDNA promo was already over by now 😂😂😏, she can't think JUST MTV would work. There's more. She has that new team. 

It's weird. The interest is there IN HER always. And the press has been favourable this time. So I'm kinda surprised it isnt higher. 

1 minute ago, Ven Conmigo said:

It was bad the whole thing was so rushed it could of been hell of a lot better.

its great to see the pics she looks insatiable.

1 hour ago, Monsieur X said:

I've posted on Radio 1's instagram page. Please 'Like' my post so it keeps getting to the top and more people are aware of their blatant misogyny. 

Your comment is deleted or I don’t see it 😕 

39 minutes ago, Royal T said:

Your comment is deleted or I don’t see it 😕 

Same here

2 hours ago, stevo208 said:

The UK #1 album this week sold only 15k and only 4k of that total was from physical sales. Dire.

So Medellin sold more than the no.1 album this week . I really don’t understand this streaming world . It’s f**ked up

2 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

So Medellin sold more than the no.1 album this week . I really don’t understand this streaming world . It’s f**ked up

I don't either really but I'm over the moon she is finally tapping into it. It's been a long time coming.

14 hours ago, stevo208 said:

The UK #1 album this week sold only 15k and only 4k of that total was from physical sales. Dire.

I am not surprised at all. She's not being played on the radio apart from Radio 2 whose listeners won't transfer into sales (see Masterpiece). She murdered her single career in the UK with the non existent promo for MDNA and decided to concentrate on touring grosses. By the time Rebel Heart came in 2015, no one was interested (Brit Awards did not equal good sales, nor did the Grammys) and resulted in the terrible performance of the singles and album in the UK. I have no idea why she opted for an MTV special (which was a mess, not her fault though) which seemed very dated, especially when she has been so conscious of social media recently and promoted MDNA through Facebook and RH through Snapchat and Grindr. 

11 hours ago, RyanAnth4 said:

This is why she needs physical editions of her new releases. Vinyl and CD releases of the single. Her die hard fans will lap it up. Her vinyl reissues must be selling well as they have been quite a few over the past few years. She desperately needs a new management team and record company. Plus where the fuck are the remixes??? 

29 minutes ago, JWAD said:

This is why she needs physical editions of her new releases. Vinyl and CD releases of the single. Her die hard fans will lap it up. Her vinyl reissues must be selling well as they have been quite a few over the past few years. She desperately needs a new management team and record company. Plus where the fuck are the remixes??? 

We may still get a physical release. It's all about building the streaming then when Eurovision get kicks in, drop the physical with remixes.

1 hour ago, JWAD said:

I am not surprised at all. She's not being played on the radio apart from Radio 2 whose listeners won't transfer into sales (see Masterpiece). She murdered her single career in the UK with the non existent promo for MDNA and decided to concentrate on touring grosses. By the time Rebel Heart came in 2015, no one was interested (Brit Awards did not equal good sales, nor did the Grammys) and resulted in the terrible performance of the singles and album in the UK. I have no idea why she opted for an MTV special (which was a mess, not her fault though) which seemed very dated, especially when she has been so conscious of social media recently and promoted MDNA through Facebook and RH through Snapchat and Grindr. 

Don't agree about MTV as it gave her the most promo any video of hers has had for years, plus the whole premiere was streamed live on youtube and Facebook. I'm sure there's lots of promo lined up for the album across social media still to come. But I agree that the almost criminal negligence towards her music career in recent years has had an almost catastrophic effect on her standing in the UK. The numbers just aren't there, and barring a promo blitz, and I mean BLITZ, it's just not gonna happen.

Coming over to the UK for 3 days to do Graham Norton, a Saturday night ents show, a radio 2 interview and a few magazine interviews would help a lot.

Then she can nip over to France, Germany and Italy to do similar there if she so desires. It would take less than 2 weeks to bash out some serious euro promo. Although maybe the thinking is that Eurovision will negate the need for that.