Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion

9 minutes ago, Kim said:

She hasn't. I'm seeing people on twitter using the sales only chart and this useless fake chart above to say Madonna has debuted in the Top 40. It's just making the fan base look really stupid.

I wonder if Radio 2 will playlist this at all...

2 minutes ago, Suedey said:

I wonder if Radio 2 will playlist this at all...

Well we've been discussing that. It's getting the odd play here and there but hasn't been playlisted this week (while Bananarama, Bryan Adams and other old shit has) If it's not playlisted next Saturday then it's dead in the water.

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

Well we've been discussing that. It's getting the odd play here and there but hasn't been playlisted this week (while Bananarama, Bryan Adams and other old shit has) If it's not playlisted next Saturday then it's dead in the water.

For some reason I think this single was just a sweet intro to the era but radios all over the world have the queue to pick up on the second actual offering of Madame X, the "true" first single that will coincide with Eurovision.Time will tell.

7 minutes ago, peppermint said:

For some reason I think this single was just a sweet intro to the era but radios all over the world have the queue to pick up on the second actual offering of Madame X, the "true" first single that will coincide with Eurovision.Time will tell.

Maybe so.

I think the 2 leads for 2 markets is more plausible. The album is after all Madonnas love letter to all things Latin so Medellin quite rightly serves as the lead and as predicted has been the hottest on the Latin country charts.

Theres a lot of effort to come with the song the epic video and performance at BB awards so the Big Bang is yet to happen. I think the dance track that we are all anticipating is for the European market where those kinds of songs are always more successful over America. I think the Eurovision will give that song the boost that the BB is planned to give Medellin.

I really don’t think she’d be going to the bother of the huge countdown to the single on Wednesday , another one with video on launch next Wednesday and a live performance at the billboard awards for the laugh . Not to mention the advertising all over the world . 

I’m hoping the marketing continues , it’s working well . England fell out with Madonna when she divorced Guy Ritchie which is sad but I really don’t think this is just a “sweet intro” . If rumours are true too there’s no uk date on her tour which is probably fake but it would be a nice two fingers up to the uk . I wouldn’t blame her 

4 minutes ago, ITG said:

Maybe she thinks radio won't play her anyway, so they haven't bothered to send it out.

I doubt it even if she wanted to she would of been advised against it as airplay still counts for something towards the charts. She has hired a massive streaming artist for the first single and the promo plan is bang up to date from what we know of it so it wouldn't make sense to ignore radio.

7 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

England fell out with Madonna when she divorced Guy Ritchie which is sad but I really don’t think this is just a “sweet intro” . If rumours are true too there’s no uk date on her tour which is probably fake but it would be a nice two fingers up to the uk . 

Firstly no we never. Guy isn't a big deal here anymore, Madonna was excepted as the Queen of pop before and after their marriage in England nobody fell out with her. She has had success here with MDNA/RH both of which had sell out tour dates and her weakness on the charts in recent years is down to interscope/her age nothing to do with Guy Ritchie.

She has toured here on every international tour so I don't believe for a second she will leave us out. She has choose London after all to unveil the music video next for Medellin. 

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

Firstly no we never. Guy isn't a big deal here, Madonna was the excepted as the Queen of pop before and after their marriage in England nobody fell out with her. She has had success here with MDNA/RH both of which had sell out for dates and her weakness on the charts in recent years is down to interscope/her age nothing to do with Guy Ritchie.

She has toured here on every international tour so I don't believe for a second she will leave us out. She has choose London after all to unveil the music video next for Medellin. 

But in relation to the lack of radio AirPlay , the no chart success , the lacklustre sales in tours , it does all coincide with the year she divorced . 

Maybe it’s coincidence and it’s just once she turned 50 . I agree I don’t think she will ever leave uk out of tours but I just don’t get how she went from hero ( everything top 3 up to Celebration) to Zero ( nothing charting , no airplay and lesser sales touring) 

I guess this has happened worldwide but it’s shocking it’s been like a lightswitch . Everything turned to gold til celebration and then ..

im just sad I suppose , I used to quote and enjoy and expect if I’m honest she would be successful in uk til the day she stopped recording . It was just great great times.

anyway , lamenting over let’s make Medellin a hit . I truly believe it’s got the wings to do something 

7 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

But in relation to the lack of radio AirPlay , the no chart success , the lacklustre sales in tours , it does all coincide with the year she divorced . 

Maybe it’s coincidence and it’s just once she turned 50 . I agree I don’t think she will ever leave uk out of tours but I just don’t get how she went from hero ( everything top 3 up to Celebration) to Zero ( nothing charting , no airplay and lesser sales touring) 

I guess this has happened worldwide but it’s shocking it’s been like a lightswitch . Everything turned to gold til celebration and then ..

im just sad I suppose , I used to quote and enjoy and expect if I’m honest she would be successful in uk til the day she stopped recording . It was just great great times.

anyway , lamenting over let’s make Medellin a hit . I truly believe it’s got the wings to do something 

That happened to her across the globe not just here in the U.K. though and she went from hero to zero on the charts because of interscope and the nonesense record deal she signed up to because LN couldn't disctribute her music. 

The fact she had turned 50 has nothing to do with it you can pick out anything in her life/career that happened in 2009 and say that's the reason but the truth is it was her jump to interscope the disaster of MDNA/RH (the way they were rolled out not the music) wouldn't of happened with Warners, or it would of been rectified quicker and better. 

But here we are and finally with some modern stratedgy in place which as a fan is amazing to see and yes I agree with you I truly believe Medellin has wings too. 

I agree with you really , just miss those days . Anyway the pr team so far is like it’s 1986 again and I love it , it’s like Christmas everyday waking up to another teaser or snippet and I am loving Medellin . I just have to try get over my obsession with wanting everyone else to hear / see and if I’m honest agree with everything I hear and see . People don’t give her a chance , anyway things are positive and going a million times better than the last two rollouts so let’s enjoy it all together 

If the so called useless chart is sales only, I prefer that chart. I am not interested in the streaming charts and yes I want Madonna to have what they call a big hit these days but if she is selling lots and not charting because of streams, believe me when i tell you i could not care less. Lets see how it goes. Too much doom and gloom on this thread.

I hope there’s some big media spots lined up for her in the UK. I believe interest is still there, she just needs to ignite it with some good exposure. I think the last time she was on Graham Norton she easily got the highest watched episode of the season if I remember correctly. A few good live performances of some (hopefully quality) songs from the new album would be amazing. 

30 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

I agree with you really , just miss those days . Anyway the pr team so far is like it’s 1986 again and I love it , it’s like Christmas everyday waking up to another teaser or snippet and I am loving Medellin . I just have to try get over my obsession with wanting everyone else to hear / see and if I’m honest agree with everything I hear and see . People don’t give her a chance , anyway things are positive and going a million times better than the last two rollouts so let’s enjoy it all together 

Yes, you are right. We need to focus on the stuff that is working. The chart situation is what it is, but that should not impede our enjoyment of this brilliant era which has only just begun.😀

14 hours ago, Disintegration said:

I hope there’s some big media spots lined up for her in the UK. I believe interest is still there, she just needs to ignite it with some good exposure. I think the last time she was on Graham Norton she easily got the highest watched episode of the season if I remember correctly. A few good live performances of some (hopefully quality) songs from the new album would be amazing. 

Graham Norton should be a must for UK in general but especially as he will comment Eurovision  again for bbc1

90AE91DA-D833-406C-B47C-3B4108FD8B09.jpeg

14 hours ago, flexy said:

Yes, you are right. We need to focus on the stuff that is working. The chart situation is what it is, but that should not impede our enjoyment of this brilliant era which has only just begun.😀

Agreed. Even if this era becomes a "flop" (which is unlikely because she is the queen), it'll still be remembered and commemorated in history far more than the bigger sellers coming out.

14 hours ago, Jeby said:

If the so called useless chart is sales only, I prefer that chart.

It excludes physical sales, Amazon sales, Spotify and youtube. So yes, it is useless.

1 hour ago, Jitterbug said:

Maybe if Madonna released a physical for Medellin in the UK, it may chart in the top 40 or even top 30? Madonna's fan base love to collect physicals so they could take advantage of that to use as a chart booster.

If there was a physical single released anywhere, I would import it.

8 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

If there was a physical single released anywhere, I would import it.

Extra sales as well as a high chart ranking position. Wonder why they aren't doing one when the large majority of Madonna's fan base generally buys physicals and love to collect. If worried about costs, keep it as an online exclusive like the cassette.

5 hours ago, Jitterbug said:

Extra sales as well as a high chart ranking position. Wonder why they aren't doing one when the large majority of Madonna's fan base generally buys physicals and love to collect. If worried about costs, keep it as an online exclusive like the cassette.

The only way to get the CD singles for RH was online. Nobody sells cd singles anymore.

But yes, GGW charted because of the pic disc. Perhaps they wanted everyone to focus on streaming first to get it onto playlists. I'm wondering if they're waiting to do one big hit at Eurovision. 

22 hours ago, Disintegration said:

Of course "interest is still there" in the UK and the rest of the world, and she can book any talk show/awards show, which I'm sure they're lining up now, that she wants

. Radio is another story

1 hour ago, Samo said:

Of course "interest is still there" in the UK and the rest of the world, and she can book any talk show/awards show, which I'm sure they're lining up now, that she wants

. Radio is another story

:Disco_Ball:

2 hours ago, jonski43 said:

The only way to get the CD singles for RH was online. Nobody sells cd singles anymore.

But yes, GGW charted because of the pic disc. Perhaps they wanted everyone to focus on streaming first to get it onto playlists. I'm wondering if they're waiting to do one big hit at Eurovision. 

Yes, even as an exclusive to Madonna’s online store or even a picture disc single. Extra sales for higher chart positionings.