Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion

Its 107 on the Global Spotify Chart with 922k.  One ahead of Beyonce who has higher placements in most playlists including appearing on Todays Top Hits the largest playlist on spotify which Madonna is absent.

I think it's done well to debut in the Top 40 on the sales chart with only around 31 hours of sales (5pm Wednesday through to midnight Thursday).  Ditto for its #49 debut on the main Scottish chart :tigger:

Masterpiece and Ghosttown were both A listed on Radio 2. Unfortunately, the new single is not Adult Contemporary enough for them I suppose and the Spanish lyrics don't help on Adult stations in English speaking countries.

That's why they ignored Gimme All Your Luvin and Living For Love too. Not AC material.

Maybe I Rise or whichever the 2nd single is will be played on Radio2. They didn't play the lead singles of the two previous albums, but they still A listed a song from each album so there is still hope.

2 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I thought the last time Madonna got played on the radio in the UK was Celebration. Why are people surprised that Medellin is getting ignored?

It was the last time she was on radio one and only then after it charted duty they bother.

I've heard GMAYL, TUTR, MP and GT on radio 2 although frequency depends on how good the song is!

5 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Its 107 on the Global Spotify Chart with 922k.  One ahead of Beyonce who has higher placements in most playlists including appearing on Todays Top Hits the largest playlist on spotify which Madonna is absent.

That was really good for two days of play! :thumbsup:

In the US in Philadelphia, I heard both LFL and GT on my local AC station a lot around the release of the RH album , then suddenly May 2015 hit and they dropped both songs

It was weird, but they got pretty decent airplay for like 2 months apiece

I’d say there’s something up her sleeve re radio. Maybe along with video release there’ll be some adds . Meanwhile keep YouTubing and streaming people . Plus a remix or two would help sales ?

I couldn't stop thinking if there's a big conspiracy at the top management who hates M and had instructed DJs to never ever play Madonna...

ageism seemed to do not harm to UK old males (e.g. Paul McCartney) but however, is it because he's a BRIT??? So your own country supports ur own BRIT...? I mean that's great!!! BUT please exercise some degree of fairness when it comes to good music.... Is there a bias-ness  in the music industry when it comes to a 60 year old female...? What bullshit! 

4 hours ago, lasky said:

I couldn't stop thinking if there's a big conspiracy at the top management who hates M and had instructed DJs to never ever play Madonna...

ageism seemed to do not harm to UK old males (e.g. Paul McCartney) but however, is it because he's a BRIT??? So your own country supports ur own BRIT...? I mean that's great!!! BUT please exercise some degree of fairness when it comes to good music.... Is there a bias-ness  in the music industry when it comes to a 60 year old female...? What bullshit! 

Nothing to do with him being a Brit. Bruce Springsteen is adored and gets airplay easily too. Barbra Streisand also got a lot of airplay for her last two singles.

The London media have a problem with M. They constantly want to diminish her as an artist.

1 hour ago, jonski43 said:

Nothing to do with him being a Brit. Bruce Springsteen is adored and gets airplay easily too. Barbra Streisand also got a lot of airplay for her last two singles.

The London media have a problem with M. They constantly want to diminish her as an artist.

Thanks for the explanation jonski43... i guess the UK media just couldn't handle Madonna!!! 

1 hour ago, lasky said:

Thanks for the explanation jonski43... i guess the UK media just couldn't handle Madonna!!! 

They do love old Madonna. I've heard loads of her songs on the radio in the last few weeks but when it comes to new ones, they dismiss her.

23 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

They do love old Madonna. I've heard loads of her songs on the radio in the last few weeks but when it comes to new ones, they dismiss her.

And I dismiss them. 

I honestly believe at this point we shouldn't focus on radio play, charts and streaming. She is past that as an artist. She's achieved everything she possibly could in terms of records and sales success, and now we should focus on the fact that she is making the music she wants to, and everything she does is a bonus to us. The fact they snubbed possibly the most radio friendly song she had done in a decade with Ghosttown, is proof that even when she delivers the work that is right for them, they will continue to ignore it. There was a time she could do no wrong in the UK, but now its the opposite. So fuck em. she dont need em.

Just now, Crozzauk said:

I honestly believe at this point we shouldn't focus on radio play, charts and streaming. She is past that as an artist. She's achieved everything she possibly could in terms of records and sales success, and now we should focus on the fact that she is making the music she wants to, and everything she does is a bonus to us. The fact they snubbed possibly the most radio friendly song she had done in a decade with Ghosttown, is proof that even when she delivers the work that is right for them, they will continue to ignore it. There was a time she could do no wrong in the UK, but now its the opposite. So fuck em. she dont need em.

I disagree. This song is out there and is getting a positive feedback.

19 minutes ago, Crozzauk said:

The fact they snubbed possibly the most radio friendly song she had done in a decade with Ghosttown, is proof that even when she delivers the work that is right for them, they will continue to ignore it. There was a time she could do no wrong in the UK, but now its the opposite. So fuck em. she dont need em.

Except they didn't ignore Ghosttown. Not only did Radio 2 A-list it, they made it their record of the week. It got no push from the record company though,  the video was late, the song had been available for 3 months already, there was no streaming presence, the remixes were crap, there was no physical to speak of etc etc.

As long as Madonna focuses on success (and she does) There's no reason why we shouldn't too.

1 hour ago, Kim said:

Except they didn't ignore Ghosttown. Not only did Radio 2 A-list it, they made it their record of the week. It got no push from the record company though,  the video was late, the song had been available for 3 months already, there was no streaming presence, the remixes were crap, there was no physical to speak of etc etc.

As long as Madonna focuses on success (and she does) There's no reason why we shouldn't too.

It was very odd that as ghostown was taking off she moved on to BIM.

5 minutes ago, Joao said:

is this a good thing? 

If she's manages to make the UK top 40 on just 2 days of sales/streams alone with hardly any radio play and no music video it's a very good thing even if she only makes number 40.

Just now, Confessit said:

If she's manages to make the UK top 40 on just 2 days of sales/streams alone it's a very good thing even if she only makes number 40.

She's gone in at 31. Could well be a sleeper hit!😀

5 minutes ago, flexy said:

She's gone in at 31. Could well be a sleeper hit!😀

Well that's amazing.

Makes me slightly mad as that's a nice debut so if next week is strong she could of had a debut in the top 20 potentially had the song enjoyed a full week of sales/streams.

But that's great for 2 days and no radio support.

Things should pick up next week with the epic video and hopefully the song being officially served to U.K. Radio.

53 minutes ago, Joao said:

is this a good thing? 

That's not the official chart. It's compiled using limited sales/streaming data and commercial radio station airplay. It's not good but it's not bad. It's just...useless.

25 minutes ago, Confessit said:

If she's manages to make the UK top 40 on just 2 days of sales/streams alone with hardly any radio play and no music video it's a very good thing even if she only makes number 40.

She hasn't. I'm seeing people on twitter using the sales only chart and this useless fake chart above to say Madonna has debuted in the Top 40. It's just making the fan base look really stupid.

7 minutes ago, Kim said:

She hasn't. I'm seeing people on twitter using the sales only chart and this useless fake chart above to say Madonna has debuted in the Top 40. It's just making the fan base look really stupid.

I thought it was too good to be true !

Just shows how things have changed and sales are only half the story.