Madame X Cover Art Discussion

1 hour ago, Marcelox said:

I'm in love with this picture 😍

IMG_20190424_150718.jpg

Too bad the full picture wasn't used for the official album cover.

59 minutes ago, Ghost Town said:

I brought that same topic up recently. Wanting that to be the album cover. Hoping an homage shows up in the album booklet at least. Madonna has to be aware of the famous painting given her love of art.

Oh cool, I am glad I am not alone in bringing up Sargent's portrait - checked it further, Steven Meisel apparently recreated that very portrait in 1999 with Nicole Kidman wearing Oscar de la Renta for a Vogue's June issue that same year:

image.png

2 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

Too bad the full picture wasn't used for the official album cover.

Yeah, I like the full picture better than the crop they used for the cover. I felt that way about the LAP cover as well but that cover is considered iconic now, so what do I know.

On 4/24/2019 at 4:24 PM, frzndrwnwrld said:

Yeah, I like the full picture better than the crop they used for the cover. I felt that way about the LAP cover as well but that cover is considered iconic now, so what do I know.

It was a bold move on Madonna's part not to feature her face on an album cover.

On 4/24/2019 at 3:00 PM, pjcowley said:

Oh cool, I am glad I am not alone in bringing up Sargent's portrait - checked it further, Steven Meisel apparently recreated that very portrait in 1999 with Nicole Kidman wearing Oscar de la Renta for a Vogue's June issue that same year:

image.png

Nicole looks absolutely stunning and classy in that picture :shock:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...