Mirwais talks about Madame X

I also think the unconventional song structure of Medellin is what he means by future. Ā It is rather different and i cannot wait for the rest of the album. Ā I havent been this excited to hear the rest of an M album since Confessions. Ā I think Mirwais is a genius. M needs to work with himĀ more. Ā 

3 minutes ago, SheldonCooper said:

I also think the unconventional song structure of Medellin is what he means by future. Ā It is rather different and i cannot wait for the rest of the album. Ā I havent been this excited to hear the rest of an M album since Confessions. Ā I think Mirwais is a genius. M needs to work with hil more. Ā 

it's written in one of those reviews that "dark ballet" is sonically unconventional and strong. personally i can't wait to hear it.

5 hours ago, MadCrazy said:

Having read his description of the album, I understand why M seems so confident and proud forĀ this album!Ā Ā Iā€™m glad she chose someone like him instead of some hot of the moment producers everybody else is using...

Having an established relationship with a collaborator is necessary for a project of this nature.

1 hour ago, Lolasmommy said:

I really feel this album/era/concepts have been well thought through & she isnā€™t looking to just throw out an album for a tour but also looking to get critical acclaim and awards and alsoĀ prove she can still be successful as her contract should now be up with The live nation 360 deal which means she needs to prove she can still be successful to the next bidders for her contract

That feels a bit cynical. I simply believe she wasn't emotionally invested in music when she made MDNA. And were it not for the leak of her recording sessions for Rebel Heart we'd be more celebratory of it.

Some of you seem to forget that MedellĆ­n is coproduced by Edgar Barrera (Malumaā€™s frequent collaborator). I don't know why the credits on streaming services only mention Madonna and Mirwais as producers when Barrera actually coproduced and engineered the whole track.

1 hour ago, erotica blu said:

That feels a bit cynical. I simply believe she wasn't emotionally invested in music when she made MDNA. And were it not for the leak of her recording sessions for Rebel Heart we'd be more celebratory of it.

The leaks of RH really annoyed me, because all we had was people comparing the demos to the actual album. And the actual album was on the back foot because of that. RH is amazing and the leaks were unfair. Good thing with Madame X is how the songs that are being released areĀ THE songs. Theyā€™re all we know, and weā€™re hearing them for the first time.

5 minutes ago, the-queen said:

The leaks of RH really annoyed me, because all we had was people comparing the demos to the actual album. And the actual album was on the back foot because of that. RH is amazing and the leaks were unfair. Good thing with Madame X is how the songs that are being released areĀ THE songs. Theyā€™re all we know, and weā€™re hearing them for the first time.

And I do not want to change or edit anything (or almost anything) with the Madame X era. Whatever she gives, I will take. For RH, I basically made my own album :rotfl:

When fans have access to demos the finished or reworked versions of the material pale to their response to the uncut stuff. Also, the abundance of material from those two projects: MDNA and Rebel Heart overwhelms immensely.

10 hours ago, strictmachine said:

And the icing on the cake is that we get a new mirwais album in the fall. Hopefully, they saved one or two collaborations for that as well.Ā 

Oo! Hadnā€™t thought of that possibility! Exciting!

9 hours ago, Barbie said:

With the album only being 2 months away I hope we get the album snippets very soon. Official ones, obviously. Nothing illegal. I can only imagine how the snippets are going to soundĀ :dramatic:

Hadnā€™t remembered this, either. The RH leaks kinda spoiled that in the last era ā€” forgot this is a milestone to look forward to. The iTunes 30-second (or 60-second) snippets will definitely be a treat to enjoy in the next two months sometime!!

1 minute ago, metalissimo said:

Im curious how the tracks that were written by Starrah sound like.Ā 

How many songs did she write/co write for the album do we know yet ?

28 minutes ago, Confessit said:

How many songs did she write/co write for the album do we know yet ?

6 that we know of :

- Future

- Crave

- Crazy

- Come Alive

-Ā  Looking for Mercy

- I Rise

Just now, rebelheart said:

6 that we know of :

- Future

- Crave

- Crazy

- Come Alive

-Ā  Looking for Mercy

- I Rise

Oh thank you very much I can't wait to listen.

13 hours ago, erotica blu said:

THIS.Ā 

I have gotten quite tired of 'let's kind of re-write history/shit on the stuff of the recent past to praise the new' kind of thing. Not pointing fingers at anyone here, specifically, mind you...just a narrative I see far too often every time something new comes around.

I still stand by MDNA being a solid pop album with some great songs...but Rebel Heart was, no doubt, a labor of love. You just don't make that many demos, and work for that long...let alone put out what is akin to essentially a double album... without having your heart and soul in the process and the work (no matter how hard it was). Sadly, the final work never had a fair shot. But I will ALWAYS stand by Rebel Heart being in the upper tier of M's body of work. The fact that a project of that size came nearly 3+ decades into a career says even more about what kind of artist she is.

6 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

THIS.Ā 

I have gotten quite tired of 'let's kind of re-write history/shit on the stuff of the recent past to praise the new' kind of thing. Not pointing fingers at anyone here, specifically, mind you...just a narrative I see far too often every time something new comes around.

I still stand by MDNA being a solid pop album with some great songs...but Rebel Heart was, no doubt, a labor of love. You just don't make that many demos, and work for that long...let alone put out what is akin to essentially a double album... without having your heart and soul in the process and the work (no matter how hard it was). Sadly, the final work never had a fair shot. But I will ALWAYS stand by Rebel Heart being in the upper tier of M's body of work. The fact that a project of that size came nearly 3+ decades into a career says even more about what kind of artist she is.

šŸ’Æ šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

On 4/18/2019 at 6:07 PM, the-queen said:

I gave 3000 spins to Back that Up. Even now i am tempted, but i try to avoid it, in order to receive the 2019 release '' like a virgin ''

Edited by dumitru

in the mtv interview m said she hadn't worked with mirwais in about seven years. that means 2011? does anyone know what she's referring to? as far as i know, the last time they collaborated was 2005. did she workĀ with him for mdna but not use the songs? anyone have any insight?

Edited by bardo

^ Good question ā€” that comment had my brain whirring a bit, too.

Unless something related to ā€œItā€™s So Coolā€ (in 2009) got the two of them trading ideas back and forth for a bit ... and then, like you said, perhaps she shelved initial demos or something ... canā€™t quite figure this out. Doesnā€™t seem like any of the RH demos were related to Mirwais. And we havenā€™t really heard of any leftovers from MDNA, come to think of it...

On 4/19/2019 at 7:07 AM, VogueMusic said:

This. I love Rebel Heart.Ā ā¤ļø

2 hours ago, cocolattee said:

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally wish they would release an interview where they both (M+Mirwais) sit down and talk about the creative process behind the album and do a track by track analysis
Ā 

That could be really good

On the immaculate podcast they said mirwais was there at the video premiere in london.. anyone know if this is true or if they spotted him? I would love it if he started appearing in her shows and concerts again, playing instruments. Would be good if he could replace kevin (i know heā€™s still on board)

On 4/29/2019 at 6:16 AM, bardo said:

in the mtv interview m said she hadn't worked with mirwais in about seven years. that means 2011? does anyone know what she's referring to? as far as i know, the last time they collaborated was 2005. did she workĀ with him for mdna but not use the songs? anyone have any insight?

Or 2012. Maybe some remix? Something for the MDNAĀ tour? The Nobody Knows Me remix for theĀ interlude, maybe?

9 hours ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Or 2012. Maybe some remix? Something for the MDNAĀ tour? The Nobody Knows Me remix for theĀ interlude, maybe?

True you may he into somethibg