“Medellín”

Hey Everyone, Madonna's label is running a "sponsored ad" for Medellin and Madame X on Instagram linking to Spotify, but it's being flooded with negative comments.  I just wrote something positive on there, but I'm just one person.  These people are mean.  Please Help? Spread the word.

Edited by Pink Elephants
more info

12 hours ago, vertigokane said:

Sorry if this has had already been posted.

https://www.vulture.com/article/best-new-music-2019.html

“You wonder what motivates Madonna after a bout of recently less-than-desirably-met LPs. Not since 2005’s Confessions on a Dance Floorhas a new era from the Queen of Pop been received with such awe and praise. “Medellin” is her best lead single since that era’s ABBA-referencing “Hung Up.” Similarly, it takes advantage of a burgeoning sound while also harnessing a prior classic oeuvre of hers. In the 2000s, she was riding the electro-clash trend. Now, she’s chasing that Latin flair, eyeing successes such as Rosalía, J Balvin, and probably the enormous hit “Despacito.” “Medellin” is “La Isla Bonita” for 2019, not just a reminder that she was the pioneer of every flavor of pop, but that she can compete with the hottest of the moment. Also, at the age of 60, her delivery of the line “slow down, papi” over a more gradual dance number is delectably commanding.” —Eve Barlow

Oh wow . Hadn't seen that ! THANKS !

So, another critically acclaimed single to add to M’s impressive catalog.

Also, to those leaving vile comments on social media or elsewhere:

6D443899-71FD-423A-B505-7BAEAAC25530.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Pink Elephants said:

Hey Everyone, Madonna's label is running a "sponsored ad" for Medellin and Madame X on Instagram linking to Spotify, but it's being flooded with negative comments.  I just wrote something positive on there, but I'm just one person.  These people are mean.  Please Help? Spread the word.

people will criticize anything, i don't care the song is great and you can see it's great, people are in denial

22 hours ago, V.K said:

hadn't seen that ! That's great 🌟 🌟 ( and God knows Vulture can be relentlessly snarky at times )

I've said this before, but Vulture generally fails to acknowledge that she exists at all so I was surprised to read this!

Some people will be negative no matter what she does but the fact remains that people are still interested and respond to the music she makes. I believe that the thing that Madonna will be most disheartened by is indifference. Just look at Mariah Carey and Janet Jackson as examples of that.

5 hours ago, doctorjosh said:

Some people will be negative no matter what she does but the fact remains that people are still interested and respond to the music she makes. I believe that the thing that Madonna will be most disheartened by is indifference. Just look at Mariah Carey and Janet Jackson as examples of that.

Well said 

I’m not a member of the Madonna Infinity forum but are they aware that some Madonna hater “journalist” is cherry picking whiny fans posts from their forum and posting it in articles as proof that Medellín is flopping and hated by Madonna fans? The writer’s name isn’t Roger Friedman although the incompetent reporting style and Madonna hater bias is similar. Maybe he uses an alias alter ego to spread more negative articles. I’m not posting the link to the articles but whoever runs Madonna Infinity might want to be aware their forum is being used by that hater to get clicks and is making their forum look bad!

it took me 1 week but i like Medellin... it's a real grower who stuck in your mind just after the first listening... In fact some lyrics likes : 1, 2, chacha or slow down papi or ven conmigo let's take a chance, are kind of addictive. Also, it's easy to listen this song, it's not agressive like living for love or irritating like give me all your love, it's just easy to the ears... and really radio friendly. The chorus, very catchy, si te enmoroooo, should arrived after the first ven conmigo let's take a chance... I guess the radio edit will be like that.

3 hours ago, Ven Conmigo said:

I’m not a member of the Madonna Infinity forum but are they aware that some Madonna hater “journalist” is cherry picking whiny fans posts from their forum and posting it in articles as proof that Medellín is flopping and hated by Madonna fans? The writer’s name isn’t Roger Friedman although the incompetent reporting style and Madonna hater bias is similar. Maybe he uses an alias alter ego to spread more negative articles. I’m not posting the link to the articles but whoever runs Madonna Infinity might want to be aware their forum is being used by that hater to get clicks and is making their forum look bad!

That place was only ever good for downloading stuff, and even that has dried up. 

Those who moan about MNation don't know how good they have it!

3 songs to stream this week: Madonna, Courtney Barnett, Kaytranada

Updated April 24, 2019 6:00 AM

Madonna’s new single “Medellin” (Boy Toy/Live Nation/Interscope) may seem like a surprisingly low-key way to launch her upcoming “Madame X” album, but at this point we know better than to doubt the Material Girl. The midtempo duet with reggaeton star Maluma opens with Madonna whispering cha-cha instructions like she’s doing an ASMR video, but quickly blossoms into a laid-back Latin groove that will fit nicely next to “La Isla Bonita” or “Despacito” for that matter. In this current cultural moment of blaring, shouty flash, Madonna, with help from producer Mirwais, creates a dreamy moment for meditation that will have us all whispering along.

https://www.newsday.com/entertainment/music/madonna-medellin-1.30115829

This song has so many GREAT reviews.....how is it that the only one the GP and non-fans are responding to is the one by he who need not be named?? I will never understand this need people have to see her fail.....it's been there since the beginning but it's tougher to deal with these days since it feels like we REALLY are the only ones that support her (basically) unconditionally. Even going to other Madonna fan sites is disheartening because they sway whichever way the wind blows really. 

I don't really do social media, except for IG but for those that see people referencing the article the fat bastard wrote, please push back noting his CLEAR misogyny, bias and the fact that he's Weinstein's little butt-buddy. Basically, turn the mirror around on that worthless son of a bitch. 

8 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

This song has so many GREAT reviews.....how is it that the only one the GP and non-fans are responding to is the one by he who need not be named?? I will never understand this need people have to see her fail.....it's been there since the beginning but it's tougher to deal with these days since it feels like we REALLY are the only ones that support her (basically) unconditionally. Even going to other Madonna fan sites is disheartening because they sway whichever way the wind blows really. 

I don't really do social media, except for IG but for those that see people referencing the article the fat bastard wrote, please push back noting his CLEAR misogyny, bias and the fact that he's Weinstein's little butt-buddy. Basically, turn the mirror around on that worthless son of a bitch. 

People are intimidated by the fact that Madonna is continuing to chart new territory—in this case, simply existing as a pop star who at the age of 60 refuses to be a “greatest hits” act. There’s no archetype for what she’s doing, and it doesn’t sit well with those who want the status quo. 

7 minutes ago, vertigokane said:

People are intimidated by the fact that Madonna is continuing to chart new territory—in this case, simply existing as a pop star who at the age of 60 refuses to be a “greatest hits” act. There’s no archetype for what she’s doing, and it doesn’t sit well with those who want the status quo. 

I was talking to some friends the other day about this. She’s doing continuously what she loves at 60. It’s sad to see people ready to see others people fail or stop doing what they do. Madonna is not the case and she keeps delivering with the goods no matter what. She not the usual pop star. 

Medellín is the perfect example. 

1 minute ago, vertigokane said:

Very true. It's so frustrating to see Madonna continuously take the hits for EVERYTHING.....only to have the next generation of performers come along virtually unscathed. Look at JLo.....I know she doesn't have huge commercial success these days, but anytime she performs live and just the overall GP perception of her is that of someone who has survived the business and is fabulous "for her age".......and she SHOULD be perceived in that way because she has worked her ass off! Yes, Madonna had MASSIVE success in her late 40's but there was ALWAYS that underlying whiff of "she needs to put it away" and I just don't get that with the JLo's and Mariah's etc that are now at that age. I suppose that's not a bad thing at all but it's just so unfair and incredibly frustrating as a Madonna fan to see her get shit on for literally everything she does.

Anyways, sorry to veer the thread into this more negative territory but it's on my mind. Moving along though....today is video premiere and the fuckers won't have a choice but to recognize the evidence of her brilliance! 🙂 

15 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Very true. It's so frustrating to see Madonna continuously take the hits for EVERYTHING.....only to have the next generation of performers come along virtually unscathed. Look at JLo.....I know she doesn't have huge commercial success these days, but anytime she performs live and just the overall GP perception of her is that of someone who has survived the business and is fabulous "for her age".......and she SHOULD be perceived in that way because she has worked her ass off! Yes, Madonna had MASSIVE success in her late 40's but there was ALWAYS that underlying whiff of "she needs to put it away" and I just don't get that with the JLo's and Mariah's etc that are now at that age. I suppose that's not a bad thing at all but it's just so unfair and incredibly frustrating as a Madonna fan to see her get shit on for literally everything she does.

Anyways, sorry to veer the thread into this more negative territory but it's on my mind. Moving along though....today is video premiere and the fuckers won't have a choice but to recognize the evidence of her brilliance! 🙂 

No, it’s super irritating that Madonna basically has to carry the load by herself, only to have future artists reap the benefits without crediting her. I’m especially miffed at our current pop stars who credit Madonna as a big inspiration (Ariana, Katy, Beyoncé, Pink, etc), yet are completely silent in the face of the rampant ageism that is thrown at her. 

27 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Anyways, sorry to veer the thread into this more negative territory but it's on my mind.

Yes Kurt. Please, do not ruin moments like these with negative elements - it's extremely tiring at this point. We have had enough of this rubbish. 

And can we please like TOTALLY STOP talking about some FRIENDS who hate Madonna? This has been pointed out. @Flip The Switch we understand it too well, yes, they want her to retire. Again, it's tiring. 10 years from now the same comments will arise, nothing new. 

7 minutes ago, vertigokane said:

I’m especially miffed at our current pop stars who credit Madonna as a big inspiration (Ariana, Katy, Beyoncé, Pink, etc), yet are completely silent in the face of the rampant ageism that is thrown at her. 

( ^ Truth. I will never forgive their silence. ) 

14 minutes ago, vertigokane said:

No, it’s super irritating that Madonna basically has to carry the load by herself, only to have future artists reap the benefits without crediting her. I’m especially miffed at our current pop stars who credit Madonna as a big inspiration (Ariana, Katy, Beyoncé, Pink, etc), yet are completely silent in the face of the rampant ageism that is thrown at her. 

Agreed! And until it's something they're faced with directly (and perhaps they won't be....thanks Madonna) they prob won't make mention of it. Life expectancy's are increasing.....look at how a 50-60 yr old was portrayed in the 80's (see Golden Girls....just for reference Rue (Blanche) was 51 when GG started) vs. now. So, in 20+ yrs a 60 yr old pop star prob won't be necessarily abnormal.

9 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Yes Kurt. Please, do not ruin moments like these with negative elements - it's extremely tiring at this point. We have had enough of this rubbish. 

And can we please like TOTALLY STOP talking about some FRIENDS who hate Madonna? This has been pointed out. @Flip The Switch we understand it too well, yes, they want her to retire. Again, it's tiring. 10 years from now the same comments will arise, nothing new. 

I hear you CC!! I just get so pissed off at how dismissed she can be when she should be lauded unconditionally at this point! You're right though, ten yrs ago, now and ten yrs from now....it WILL be the same shit!! 

FUCK EM! Madonna is still creating at the highest level as always. 

To be honest, I am more than pleasantly SURPRISED by Mirwais production. I always though he is one trick pony, BUT he has grown and has become very diverse! Medellin combines ROL Madonna (thank god!), subtle and effective chill production with reggeton and cool euphoric Latin post-chorus (or chorus?). Its a real grower. I turned from almost hating it to really liking it. Bravo to M&M.

3 minutes ago, material_boy said:

I am loving the praise for "Medellín!" Keep it coming!

You all know I was a fan of the song already, but with the music video, it has been elevated even further.