“Medellín”

29 minutes ago, elijah said:

An uneventful song with cheap and boring video. 

Couldn't disagree more. Well, more for the rest of us to enjoy then. 

1 minute ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Okay LFL police 🤣

:smooch:

On 4/28/2019 at 10:07 PM, Mr Ciccone said:

Agree. It’s a soothing piece of heaven in a chaotic world.

Cant stop playing Medellin. My fave part are Madonna’s sublime verses and when she & Maluma’s singing together the part si te enamoro..I hope its the chorus instead of ven con migo... makes me very euphoric everytime i hear that part.

I fell in love with the chacha instructor look after many viewings. I just wish we got more of the wedding scenes and a close up when she was riding the horse. 

I love this era. I hope ill be able to acquire merchandises & the physical copies of the albums. Unfortunately, many cd stores here in Manila had already closed definitely.

While I feel like my I Rise love has sort of plateaued, Medellin just keeps getting better and better to me. Still discovering new things within the song.  Easily one of the best and most unique lead singles she's ever released and was a perfect choice. So glad she didn't go with something like I Rise....which is a great song and instantly drew me, there was no "getting used" to that song (unlike Medellin) but listening to it 3 days later, I'm finding some of it's luster has worn off already. We are so early on in the album era though so everything is subject to change! Let's not forget also that songs often sound completely different within the context of the album as well. 

I have a question! Do we know for 100% certain that the photo of Madonna and Maluma together is the official single cover for Medellín, or is it possible that the solo photo of Madonna with the red glove and wedding dress that says MEDELLÍN is the official single cover? Are there variations? 

11 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

While I feel like my I Rise love has sort of plateaued, Medellin just keeps getting better and better to me. Still discovering new things within the song.  Easily one of the best and most unique lead singles she's ever released and was a perfect choice. So glad she didn't go with something like I Rise....which is a great song and instantly drew me, there was no "getting used" to that song (unlike Medellin) but listening to it 3 days later, I'm finding some of it's luster has worn off already. We are so early on in the album era though so everything is subject to change! Let's not forget also that songs often sound completely different within the context of the album as well. 

I feel the same! I Love Medellin now. I lost interest in I Rise already. 

On 4/28/2019 at 3:07 PM, Mr Ciccone said:

Great article, thanks for sharing. Precisely how I felt and still feel upon hearing this wonderfully soothing song. Loving it loads!

On 5/6/2019 at 9:48 AM, imakicola said:

I have a question! Do we know for 100% certain that the photo of Madonna and Maluma together is the official single cover for Medellín, or is it possible that the solo photo of Madonna with the red glove and wedding dress that says MEDELLÍN is the official single cover? Are there variations? 

The m+m photo IS the cover and it's used in all the official streaming platforms, comes with official audio downloads and is used in the promo CDs.

6 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

The m+m photo IS the cover and it's used in all the official streaming platforms, comes with official audio downloads and is used in the promo CDs.

Ahh okay, thanks!

So the other one is just a promo image? Is it not used anywhere?

52 minutes ago, imakicola said:

Ahh okay, thanks!

So the other one is just a promo image? Is it not used anywhere?

Pretty much.

On 5/6/2019 at 9:09 AM, Kurt420 said:

:thumbsup:

On 5/1/2019 at 11:48 AM, smirnoff_ice said:

Another amazing article by NME!!

https://www.nme.com/blogs/material-girl-campy-cowboy-madonnas-iconic-eras-2482550

The ages of Madonna – the evolution of an icon

NME seems to be giving her a lot of love lately. Loving it. Giving credit where credit is due. Tired of paid up articles spread far and wide about the usual suspects

1 hour ago, Mozo1 said:

I just want to reiterate how much I love this song. In my head 24/7. Thank you! 🙂🙂

me too! i am obsessed with it and cannot get it out of my head day or night. i even wake up thinking one two cha cha cha LOL

8 minutes ago, Wunderkind said:

Every single morning since the release, I put in my headphones, play Medellin full blast and Cha Cha Cha into the kitchen 🙂 Still love it that much. 

Same. It’s my daily routine song. It works wonderful when I go the gym as well.

Well, I haven't heard Medellin on the radio BUT I did go to a Vietnamese restaurant in my area and apparently they have their own little "radio station" type thing. They were playing a bunch of  new songs I'd never heard, that were making me roll my eyes tbqh.......and then I heard the voice of an angel! :lol: "I took a pill and had a dream...." Even though it wasn't on the radio, it did sound amazing to hear on loud speakers in a public place. Although it was playing at the bar, it was the middle of the day so there weren't too many people there, so couldn't really gauge too many reactions.....although the bartender seemed to like it! He was bopping his head and tapping his foot! 😃 

So yay! Small victories! Slow and steady is the name of the game this era.