“Medellín”

8 hours ago, Shaun said:

Madonna keeps paving the way. History will treat her very kindly. Mark my words.

Yes and people will call most if not all work years from now genius.  

47 minutes ago, the-queen said:

You all know I was a fan of the song already, but with the music video, it has been elevated even further.

Same. I'm in madonna cloud 9 right now and I don't want to ever come down. Haha 

9 hours ago, Drowned World said:

I skim read an article on google just now about the new single "flopping." can't be right, its had over 7 million hits on Youtube already, and I've seen nothing but praise for it. Looks like article was planted.

people feel really intimidated by her comeback and having success ; efforts are on to sabotage her. Lol, they're so scared she'll slay. 

one article by one  newspaper of the right / far right , proud MACA instrument(they ain't hidin' it)with a blatantly obvious agenda ... so a compliment , really !

On April 23, 2019 at 9:10 PM, doctorjosh said:

Some people will be negative no matter what she does but the fact remains that people are still interested and respond to the music she makes. I believe that the thing that Madonna will be most disheartened by is indifference. Just look at Mariah Carey and Janet Jackson as examples of that.

I do really think that Mariah, Janet were really industry products, that is why their music died years ago, and now is the Beyonce and the gags, their music will fade just in a couple of year.

Today I heard What it feels like for a girl, album version, at a big Mall.....and 18 years later, it still sound so good, like it was a new song 

1 hour ago, dario said:

Today I heard What it feels like for a girl, album version, at a big Mall.....and 18 years later, it still sound so good, like it was a new song 

That song is a pure masterpiece... The way she sings the chorus is so soulful !

For the German fans out there:  https://www.spiegel.de/kultur/musik/rammstein-madonna-taylor-swift-stormzy-springsteen-neue-musik-clips-a-1264569.html

Translation:

Eye patch instead of cowboy hat! Yes, but no: Not with Madonna! The 60-year-old will release her new album on 14 June and has now also released the clip to her comeback single (directed by Diana Kunst and Mau Morgó). Of course, it's a fashion festival in which the album protagonist "Madame X", apparently a Mata Hari-like spy with an eventful past, is introduced: "I have been kidnapped, tortured, humiliated and abused", Madonna speaks in a sacred intro, "In the end I still have hope. I still believe in the goodness of humans." Also: "Like A Prayer" reloaded. But that doesn't have much to do with the rest of the clip because it's about the initiation of Madonna's wedding with the young Colombian reggaeton star Maluma, who cuts a very good figure here. Madonna not always, even if she sucks provocatively on the big toe and gives a Tango-Gouvernante with whip. Eye patches, red, white, black are presented, but in the end, when the bride dances in white over the banquet table, she wears her Western hat again - her spare crown since "Music". So she's just like her old self.

BTW, this is the BEST online translator out there: www.DeepL.com

Im very  happy  the  queen  got  rave  reviews  but tailor snake kept getting garbage reviews after having  released her  mediocre and ridiculous kindergarden bomb at  the  similar  time with  our  queen. Its  a  karma. Lol

Im  happy  the  queen  still  pulls  great  reviews  at her  age  and  after  37  years.

Unbelievable.

Edited by veroelectronica

Figures that Jezebel doesn't like it. I thought they were the feminist site. I don't have a "Kinja" account, but anybody who does please go there and comment. 

https://themuse.jezebel.com/madonna-and-malumas-medellin-cannot-be-unseen-1834211476

Edited by Yoshisno1fan

14 minutes ago, Yoshisno1fan said:

Figures that Jezebel doesn't like it. I thought they were the feminist site. 

https://themuse.jezebel.com/madonna-and-malumas-medellin-cannot-be-unseen-1834211476

They are disgusting! They are supposed to, but they have nothing of feminist! Only Beyonce would be praised. And that article is full of ageist undertones for a supposed 'woke' site, and doesn't include anything of value.

There is another negative one in Guardian. I will post the text, but not the link here.

Madonna ft Maluma 
Medellín

This opening salvo from Madge’s new Madame X alter ego is an embarrassment of Latin-pop cliches, meaning that whether you’ll like it or not depends entirely on the extent to which Despacito makes you want to obliterate your own crotch with a half brick. Pronouncing the “ll” in Medellín with a soft “J” sound will win props with those appalling backpackers who went to Colombia for three weeks in 2013 and still see themselves as unofficial envoys to South America. Other than that, there is little here to invoke love, hate, or any feelings at all.

24 minutes ago, Yoshisno1fan said:

Figures that Jezebel doesn't like it. I thought they were the feminist site. I don't have a "Kinja" account, but anybody who does please go there and comment. 

They hate Madonna. They are like NY Post. 

Well, the main reviewer from The Guardian liked it. And the new "review" is sarcastic and negative, but it's not downright sexist like Jezebel, the site that's supposed to be "woke." 

On 4/24/2019 at 1:32 PM, elijah said:

To be honest, I am more than pleasantly SURPRISED by Mirwais production. I always though he is one trick pony, BUT he has grown and has become very diverse! Medellin combines ROL Madonna (thank god!), subtle and effective chill production with reggeton and cool euphoric Latin post-chorus (or chorus?). Its a real grower. I turned from almost hating it to really liking it. Bravo to M&M.

I totally agree! I thought he was a one-trick pony after American Life, but then he surprised me with Future Lovers. I think Medellin is further proof that he's got skills and more great ideas to share with us. The word I would use to describe his work on Medellin is subtle...you can tell it's Mirwais, but it sounds like he's stretching muscles he might not normally use. (If there is a co-producer on the song, as rumored, then that explains a lot.)

I'm totally psyched to hear what else he and Madonna do on this album!

Edited by Priceless

1 hour ago, Yoshisno1fan said:

Jezebel has many angry SJW writers....

For the most part these ideologues don't like Madonna.

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/madonna-medellin-taylor-swift-me-music-video

Sorry Taylor, Madonna Made the Best Pop Music Video of 2019 So Far. But is That a Good Thing?

t's 2019, and a strong case could be made that Madonna has released the most compelling music video of any major American pure pop artist so far this year. On one hand, that shouldn't be too controversial a statement. Madonna is a master of the form (indeed, she probably wouldn't have become a global superstar without her compelling visuals). Her reflexes are still sharp, and the tricks of the trade she employs still bear fruit. In short, she very much knows what she's doing.

On the other hand, her "Medellín" video, featuring Colombian star Maluma, isn't going to be mistaken by anyone for her career best. Nor is it likely you could point to any objective measure as proof of its superiority. The project certainly isn't going to be the most viewed music video of the week, and while the song is already at no. 1 on Billboard's Latin Digital Song Sales chart, it may not reach her past heights. Madonna's fan are certainly extremely loyal (her tour ticket sales are still notoriously strong, and we likely won't see her camp out in Vegas for some time), but they aren't the type to put a YouTube video on repeat for hours at a time to inflate views, nor try to get people to download the song on Twitter with fake Starbucks promotions. They're mostly adults. They have jobs. That's how they afford those concert tickets.

Still, Madonna knows how to procure a fresh and unique visual. Spanish multimedia artists Diana Kunst & Mau Morgo directed the video, and their only previous exploits in the medium are two videos for Rosalia and one for A$AP Rocky and FKA Twigs. There's also the fact that she knows what to do when a camera is on her. Go back through her video filmography and you'll notice most of her videos include at least one set up where Madonna is secluded, usually just up against a random wall or background, and left to improvise through dance and general vamping (indeed, that's the entire strategy behind at least a few of her more cheaply produced videos). Here, the vamping takes place with Maluma on a bed. She ends up licking his toes in a moment that didn't seem preplanned. It's weird, but it's also classic Madonna. Even with all the stylistic flares, Madonna can still one up any other aspect of the video just by being herself.

Whether it was through the bulging screens of an '80s TV set or your MacBook Air, Madonna has a way of grabbing your eye through a screen and staring you down mischievously until you get the sense that this lady could do anything by the time this five-minute music video is up. Then she usually does it. That's why she's a star.

Compare that to this week's other major pop music video, Taylor Swift's Brendon Urie-assisted comeback "Me!"

The 29-year-old's candy-colored video looks like it takes place inside whatever goes on inside children's entertainer Jojo Siwa's ponytailed head. It's been compared to an already warmed-over Instagram aesthetic, and perhaps the nicest way to describe the video is that it's the product of someone who heard La La Land was loosely inspired by the French musical The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, and then decided Jacques Demy's classic should be rebooted as a Disney Chanel Original Movie. It probably leaves anyone who has ever filed a tax return feeling limp. Some have even theorized that Swift is intentionally targeting YouTube's powerful toddler demographic with the video. Hey, those video views for "Baby Shark" are no joke.

Whatever the case, in just four minutes and eight seconds, the video manages to obscure any sense of authenticity, growing sophistication, or personal complications Swift had accrued. It's not a reinvention. It's a retreat.

Swift's fellow millennial pop icons haven't done much better in 2019. Ariana Grande's "7 Rings" and "Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored" were serviceable to her arguably superior songs, but certainly weren't aesthetically classic. Former Fifth Harmony girls Normani and Lauren Jauregui show promise, but aren't fully formed as solo artists just yet. Same for Ava Max. One wishes Ciara, ever a slept-on talent, got more money for her "Greatest Love" video.

If Lady Gaga, Rihanna, or Beyoncé had dropped music videos this year, perhaps we wouldn't be having this conversation. To be sure, there's still lots of artists working outside of the mainstream concept of pop super stardom who have made great visuals this year (Solange's PhotoBooth-shot "Binz" video is transfixing in its confidence and intimacy). And there's also a whole of 2019 left.

Still, if Madonna invented the career framework for the modern pop star, she serves as useful ruler to compare others. It just doesn't bode well for our general cultural evolution that she's still the one leading the pack.

Just now, impr3ssive_instant said:

Yes, Jezebel is heavy SJW. Not surprised by their review.

But that "review" is everything they are "fighting" against! It is full of prejudice, faux outrage and really conservative. Why are they disturbed by 60 year old woman and her younger lover? 

It looks more like a review written by Piers Morgan 😂🤣 #fakefeminism 

3 minutes ago, side_streets said:

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/madonna-medellin-taylor-swift-me-music-video

Sorry Taylor, Madonna Made the Best Pop Music Video of 2019 So Far. But is That a Good Thing?

t's 2019, and a strong case could be made that Madonna has released the most compelling music video of any major American pure pop artist so far this year. On one hand, that shouldn't be too controversial a statement. Madonna is a master of the form (indeed, she probably wouldn't have become a global superstar without her compelling visuals). Her reflexes are still sharp, and the tricks of the trade she employs still bear fruit. In short, she very much knows what she's doing.

On the other hand, her "Medellín" video, featuring Colombian star Maluma, isn't going to be mistaken by anyone for her career best. Nor is it likely you could point to any objective measure as proof of its superiority. The project certainly isn't going to be the most viewed music video of the week, and while the song is already at no. 1 on Billboard's Latin Digital Song Sales chart, it may not reach her past heights. Madonna's fan are certainly extremely loyal (her tour ticket sales are still notoriously strong, and we likely won't see her camp out in Vegas for some time), but they aren't the type to put a YouTube video on repeat for hours at a time to inflate views, nor try to get people to download the song on Twitter with fake Starbucks promotions. They're mostly adults. They have jobs. That's how they afford those concert tickets.

Still, Madonna knows how to procure a fresh and unique visual. Spanish multimedia artists Diana Kunst & Mau Morgo directed the video, and their only previous exploits in the medium are two videos for Rosalia and one for A$AP Rocky and FKA Twigs. There's also the fact that she knows what to do when a camera is on her. Go back through her video filmography and you'll notice most of her videos include at least one set up where Madonna is secluded, usually just up against a random wall or background, and left to improvise through dance and general vamping (indeed, that's the entire strategy behind at least a few of her more cheaply produced videos). Here, the vamping takes place with Maluma on a bed. She ends up licking his toes in a moment that didn't seem preplanned. It's weird, but it's also classic Madonna. Even with all the stylistic flares, Madonna can still one up any other aspect of the video just by being herself.

Whether it was through the bulging screens of an '80s TV set or your MacBook Air, Madonna has a way of grabbing your eye through a screen and staring you down mischievously until you get the sense that this lady could do anything by the time this five-minute music video is up. Then she usually does it. That's why she's a star.

Compare that to this week's other major pop music video, Taylor Swift's Brendon Urie-assisted comeback "Me!"

The 29-year-old's candy-colored video looks like it takes place inside whatever goes on inside children's entertainer Jojo Siwa's ponytailed head. It's been compared to an already warmed-over Instagram aesthetic, and perhaps the nicest way to describe the video is that it's the product of someone who heard La La Land was loosely inspired by the French musical The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, and then decided Jacques Demy's classic should be rebooted as a Disney Chanel Original Movie. It probably leaves anyone who has ever filed a tax return feeling limp. Some have even theorized that Swift is intentionally targeting YouTube's powerful toddler demographic with the video. Hey, those video views for "Baby Shark" are no joke.

Whatever the case, in just four minutes and eight seconds, the video manages to obscure any sense of authenticity, growing sophistication, or personal complications Swift had accrued. It's not a reinvention. It's a retreat.

Swift's fellow millennial pop icons haven't done much better in 2019. Ariana Grande's "7 Rings" and "Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored" were serviceable to her arguably superior songs, but certainly weren't aesthetically classic. Former Fifth Harmony girls Normani and Lauren Jauregui show promise, but aren't fully formed as solo artists just yet. Same for Ava Max. One wishes Ciara, ever a slept-on talent, got more money for her "Greatest Love" video.

If Lady Gaga, Rihanna, or Beyoncé had dropped music videos this year, perhaps we wouldn't be having this conversation. To be sure, there's still lots of artists working outside of the mainstream concept of pop super stardom who have made great visuals this year (Solange's PhotoBooth-shot "Binz" video is transfixing in its confidence and intimacy). And there's also a whole of 2019 left.

Still, if Madonna invented the career framework for the modern pop star, she serves as useful ruler to compare others. It just doesn't bode well for our general cultural evolution that she's still the one leading the pack.

I kind of agree with this article in many respects and in other areas I don't. 

2 minutes ago, Phineaspoe said:

🤣 At all these editors and critics that just cannot bring themselves to admit they effing love this amazing song and video. Poor things. 

And Madame X loves to dance!!! 😍❤️

3 hours ago, Yoshisno1fan said:

jezebel has always been trash. they're the new gawker. if there were any valid criticisms in that "review" they're masked by obvious bias. they hate m.

15 minutes ago, Yoshisno1fan said:

Wow. so somebody on Twitter is uploading her past tweets that she is trying to delete. This is interesting. 

jtweet2.jpg

These are the SJW "super liberal" woke Black folk who hate racism and yet they post this...

Definition of racism

Insane

Here's another one from the "woke" girl. Won't talk about this review anymore. I mean.....how in the HELL does she have a job with Jezebel? Oh, wait....it's Jezebel.

jtweet.jpg

Jezebel is the biggest piece of bullshit "feminist" site ever. Last month they published a piece on Jagged Little Pill, where a woman who loved the album as a teenager now "understands" - thanks to her husband's criticisms of it - that it is lame and silly and for little girls.

1 hour ago, Yoshisno1fan said:

Wow. so somebody on Twitter is uploading her past tweets that she is trying to delete. This is interesting. 

jtweet2.jpg

I just tweeted at her and she blocked me jsfkjssd