“Medellín”

5 hours ago, Yoshisno1fan said:

Well at least Chuck Arnold is a fan--more of a traditional one, so I can see why he doesn't like the new song.

He's no fan.

- Having turned 60 last August, has she finally lost her touch?
- was looking to jump on the bandwagon of more recent hits such as Cardi B’s “I Like It” and Camila Cabello’s “Havana.” But we say “no mas” to this.

In addition, he had also called Kaka Oscar performance as "Oscar musical performance moment for the ages" & wrote multiple kaka ass kissing article.

Fan my ass.

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Madonna/news-109960.html

All the review are mainly positive. I don't know what to think myself, I'm not into reggaeton but I don't dislike Medellin. It's different. On the other hand, I know the album gonna be splendid. I'm waiting for the disco song ! Killers who dance, if I remember correctly.

There was this segment on dutch tv show about the new single/upcoming album from Madonna and Beyonce. They absolutely raved about Madonna's past achievements and her new song 'Medellin', saying it was hot and trending. That she was the biggest female artist ever in ticket and album sales and that only she can release such a diversity on different music styles where others make the same old record everytime! He wasnt a big fan of Beyonce referring to her as doing the same every time. When asked the question if he could only listen to one album which one would it be he immediately without thinking said 'Madonna!'

Well after Twitter's mess yesterday, with so many haters making noise on porpoise, I expected more media focusing on the issue "people hate Madonna's song" but thankfully that was not the case. Btw, Maluma's tears went viral and did wonders too. 

4 minutes ago, ashtangi74 said:

wonder if M is surfing the net and looking how the song is doing?

She’s probably getting feedback from others but I don’t know if she has time or the inclination to sit and google herself. 

4 hours ago, Nightshade said:

Don't fret, babe. I remember back in 1998, some music outlet did an album listening for Ray of Light with a bunch of "club kids" and reported on their reactions: all but one was negative (faint praise for "Skin" or something).

There will always be haters. Always. And guess what? M is still here and still putting out great pop.

:inlove: :kiss2:

I feel there is a general theme and tone amongst most of the reviews I’ve read... and I’m not ashamed to say I love it!

- it’s a return to form

- she made something her own

- the song is actually quite enjoyable

These are really important messages as this will translate to the wider public. Regardless of whether it turns out to be a hit or not, it helps remedy and contribute positively to the perception of M.

I don’t want to jinx anything but I actually feel like this era will be a highlight that stands up there with the rest.

49 minutes ago, ashtangi74 said:

spread the word everyone! spread some love for 'Medellin'

wonder if M is surfing the net and looking how the song is doing?

If she is, she will see that Madonna Nation and wider fan base loves what she’s doing, and are eager for more and are supporting her every step of the way. #TeamMadonna

OMG! I just listened to the YouTube audio video at 1.25 speed! Aye aye aye 🔥🔥🔥

3 minutes ago, Msig said:

OMG! I just listened to the YouTube audio video at 1.25 speed! Aye aye aye 🔥🔥🔥

Yeah I read the comments in YouTube about it. In my opinion it gets more generic. But it's true that it implies that the remixes can be truly FIERCE! 

I was standing at the traffic light, windows down playing Medellin. A woman across the street has her thumb up and shouts: That new Madonna song is great!!! Hahahaha

6 minutes ago, Hapertje said:

I was standing at the traffic light, windows down playing Medellin. A woman across the street has her thumb up and shouts: That new Madonna song is great!!! Hahahaha

That‘s great 😂

Why isn't Interscope pushing this song at radio/ going for radio adds?  Like every Artist has done

It's a fucking disgrace,  that's their JOB

This is why it won't be a big hit

1 minute ago, Samo said:

Why isn't Interscope pushing this song at radio/ going for radio adds?  Like every Artist has done

It's a fucking disgrace,  that's their JOB

This is why it won't be a big hit

Moaning Myrtles have arrived!  :lol:

Just now, karbatal said:

Moaning Myrtles have arrived!  :lol:

No, I actually LOVE the song and I even think the Album will be great and sell well but all this stuff (how to stream, YT views etc) is pointless with ZERO radio support, hell even LFL got some radio support and peaked at 10 million AI in the US

Just now, Samo said:

No, I actually LOVE the song and I even think the Album will be great and sell well but all this stuff (how to stream, YT views etc) is pointless with ZERO radio support, hell even LFL got some radio support and peaked at 10 million AI in the US

Trust Madonna. She's got a plan. In two weeks there's a new single so this is a different kind of release. Maybe focusing on social media and streaming? Maybe radio starts later? 

3 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

2.1 million YouTube views 

5 hours 30 minutes left till day 1

hope it will crack 2.5m

Edited by fandonna

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Yeah I read the comments in YouTube about it. In my opinion it gets more generic. But it's true that it implies that the remixes can be truly FIERCE! 

The cha cha cha part remixed will sound especially anthemic in clubs!

8 minutes ago, Magician said:

The cha cha cha part remixed will sound especially anthemic in clubs!

Hell yes! I can't wait for that. I love this part 😍

I was thinking about all the visuals she has filmed and maybe she really is going for a full visual album but with a different release strategy then Beyonce. Can you image if she is releasing every single song with a video...maybe just one or two per month?

it would be just so great!