Rate: Medellín

Rock

Rate: Medellín  

565 members have voted

1. 1. Rate: Medellín

My friends LOVE it. I saw nothing on my FB feed on Wednesday - Friday then on Saturday it was like a Tsunami of Madonna / Maluma / Medellin .

They love it and Spanish ( and English )  is not our first language but everybody loves the ' one two cha cha cha ' part .

It's like a breathe of fresh air and we need that in Thailand as it's 43 C at the moment !

11 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

Yes, im so tired of the "give gays what they want" and "release a fun disco song like COADF"  narrative.

Madonna has never been a boring niche artist targeting just one group with same kind of music and tacky glittery image over and over again likes of Kylie, Cher.

Bravo. Preach it.

4 hours ago, CalinB said:

I collected all the reviews posted in this tread by individuals.  A handful of them are better than what people posted on YouTube Medellin Audio to date! 🙂  See list below by owner.

I think you guys should actually post your review on the Medellin YouTube Audio & Video when out on Wednesday! More than 400 of us rated the song excellent and good (see first post in this tread), so we should be able to get all these reviews as comments on YouTube easily over 500 LIKES ✅ with a 400 start between all of us. J LET’S DO IT!

TXIII

Medellin is an excellent song. It’s warm, carefree, dreamy, everything you want in a 🌞 summer song! And it’s what people have been clamoring from Madonna for years now. 

Confessit

It sounds like a summer jam and very radio friendly actually… it does have a catchy twang. 

JR!

Certainly a grower! It is indeed her best lead single since "Hung Up" 

Wunderkind

I’m obsessed with the relaxed groove. 

air1975

I absolutely adore it! Love her voice, the sultry vibe, the lyrics, the beat and Maluma too.

headonfire

I’m completely obsessed with the song. It’s a brilliant lead single, and just leaves me more excited for this album.  Medellin is 2019’s La Isla Bonita.

Supernatural

Ven con migo – Let’s take a trip is BLISS

Voguerista

Execellent in every way! I am listening and dancing non-stop. It's pure heaven. 10 stars!!!!!!! A+++++!  

wash

This is gonna be a hit! I'm in L💘VE with it

Musicinferno

Awesome. a grower. Like many Mirwais productions...

juliebean

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it so much i can't stop listening to it.

Mat.Guy

Aye Aye Aye 🔥🔥🔥

Selena

One, two, cha-cha-cha! The more I  listen to it, the more I like it. I can see people dancing to this song, and big audience going crazy when she does it live!! 💃💃🎶🎶🎶

Dany Targaryen

It's a strong grower… when you get a song 🎶  right away it doesn't go far with you. Song seemed strange at first, like something I wasn't expecting. But I'm really digging it now.

runa

The more I listen to it, the more I like it! 💃

CzarnaWisnia

The first thing that stood out for me were her smooth vocals. I had very low expectations for a Maluma collab, but I like the song very much. It's rather enchanting, very sweet, and actually the most emotionally compelling first single Madonna released in many years!!! Very delicate production is also a standout for me. It's a very welcoming tone. Bravo Madonna!

rocksteady

It’s really good and a grower! 💚💙💜

Flip The Switch

It flows wonderful from start to finish. It’s sweet and flirty at the same time.

Bjornvegards

After listening to it 3, 4 times, I think it’s brilliant. At first I thought, oh no, now I can’t wait for the album! 

Geiger83

After a couple of listens… I'm really feeling and loving it. It is a grower. Madonna is a pop genius!

jjmor95

For the times, it's a good song. Catchy, fun, warm, great post-chorus/bridge, and it doesn't sound as "mainstream" as some of the other songs circulating the pop/Latin pop market.

Butter9

Heavenly and beyond. I didn't even know who Maluma was until Madonna started working with him. Love the mellow vibe. It’s a Perfect summer song.

Danmacevents

I hated it at first. Listened over and over and I'm obsessed. It's current but very mature. The production is amazing. When she's bad she's good but when she's good she's incomparable. 

Steve

I’m with the critics, Medellin is a breezy summer bop. All in!

peppermint

I am obsessed with it!! I'm totally addicted to this gem!! 5 stars!!!!!!! 

Flip The Switch

Blasting the speakers of my car tonight with some friends rubias!!! Amazing song!

MadFan

"Sipping my pain just like chhhampagne" is my favourite part. 💛💚💙💜

luizotaviobarros

I’ve listened to it more than 20 times today and I went from “hmm, interesting” to “omg, I’m hooked.”

the-queen

Medellin is very addictive. Once I finish it, I have the strong desire to loop it over and over. I’m glad it’s getting received well by people. Good way to officially start the era.

SheldonCooper

I liked it at first listen, and now I love it. It is 100% a grower and those r the best songs imo!

Thec 1 2 cha cha is contagious! 🔥🔥🔥

If you want to add a couple of emoji’s, here are some popular emoji’s on Medellin audio:

👑   🎩  ❤❤    💯🔝  🔥🔥🔥                                       

❌ 🌹🌺   💪💪  🎶 📽   😍 🎶🎶🎶

🚀  💃💃💃💃 🌞    🚗🚕🚙  💛💚💙💜

😍😍😍

1, 2 CHA-CHA-CHA!!! EYEYEY💋

L💘VE

LIKE ✅✅

You read my comment😃😃😃

I think it is safe to say that she is thé most diverse artist out there,  both on musical styles,  and themes.  Medellin is a nice surprise,  a superb mix of old and new, of global and unique 

Medellin is everything.  Contrasting verses and chorus,  Sentimental lyrics that are also sensual.  Great beat while also being mellow.  Has a hook that is infectious without being too repetitive.  Is a song that get better with every listen. 

To those that don't like it,  give it some more plays.  It may grown on you completely - may not but good chance it will ! 

I have made Madellin my ringtone. 😎

Specifically 2.56-3.26. Go to that section and see what you think. I chose it because you get a solid rendition of "1, 2 cha cha cha" and also "slow down papi" which are exclusively Madonna sections. I don't mind Maluma but the Queen always comes first!

Guest Marco
4 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Medellin is everything.  Contrasting verses and chorus,  Sentimental lyrics that are also sensual.  Great beat while also being mellow.  Has a hook that is infectious without being too repetitive.  Is a song that get better with every listen. 

To those that don't like it,  give it some more plays.  It may grown on you completely - may not but good chance it will ! 

I was unsure what to think about Medellín at first but I rapidly fell head over heels for its sultry yet bittersweet nature. Maluma surprisingly clicks with Madonna.

My initial reaction to Medllin was luke warm. I thought it was ‘fine’. A fun bop but nothing extraordinary. 

But I was in the camp that absolutely LOVED Living For Love and rank it as one of the best lead singles she’s released in the last 20 years. So my expectations were always going to be high for this lead single. 

But I found myself humming the song. It slowly began to get stuck in my head and with each day since it was released, I found myself listening to it more and more. Then yesterday when it was the first real warm day of the season, sun shining, high of 73, I had it on ALL. FUCKING. DAY. 

The production is pristine. Her vocals are crisp. Maluma’s VOICE is everything and stands as THE perfect contrast next to Madonnas. The whole song is just a beautiful, sunny day with a chilled glass of Rose’ all rolled into one. It’s truly one of the most effortless, breezy songs in her catalog. Right next to Borderline, La Isla Bonita, Secret, and Don’t Tell Me. 

I’m hooked. 

5 hours ago, M_Sinner said:

It would be way better if she sings the chorus/postchorus "Si te enamoro" alone and Maluma sings the back vocals

I was thinking this the other day...Maluma sings “Si te enamoro...(M si me enamoras)” -and then Madonna...”si te enamoro and then Maluma (si me enamoras)...”

Medellin was on that board that she posted by mistake on insta, right? And was that post before or after the VMAs? Trying to figure out if there is a chance there is a Madonna-solo version of this song out there somewhere. Seems like it, given that Maluma didn’t make it to the studio till a February. 

Still have it on repeat. Still an excellent song. 

1 hour ago, Phineaspoe said:

Medellin was on that board that she posted by mistake on insta, right? And was that post before or after the VMAs? Trying to figure out if there is a chance there is a Madonna-solo version of this song out there somewhere. Seems like it, given that Maluma didn’t make it to the studio till a February. 

Maluma said he went to studio with her last year in London. And she said in the most recent interview that while she and Mirwais worked on the track Maluma would send notes and suggestions. It's not just that  he was in Medellín since the beginning, but Medellín only exists because of him as it was always a Madonna-Maluma track.

36 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

Maluma said he went to studio with her last year in London. And she said in the most recent interview that while she and Mirwais worked on the track Maluma would send notes and suggestions. It's not just that  he was in Medellín since the beginning, but Medellín only exists because of him as it was always a Madonna-Maluma track.

That makes a lot of sense. The track seems quite literally how I would feel after meeting Maluma too 😂

And that’s why it feels genuine. A true collaboration. 

7 hours ago, Phineaspoe said:

Could be, not sure when she wrote the lyrics but this photo is from back in 2017, october i think
Underdogs-Gallery-20171020-Madonna-Insta

It's her best lead off single since Hung Up. I haven't been this excited about a Madonna song since then.  I'd love it if this track was on the radio...it needs to be heard by the general public...(let's face it the majority won't know that she has a new single out) 

3 minutes ago, Titty said:

It's her best lead off single since Hung Up. I haven't been this excited about a Madonna song since then.  I'd love it if this track was on the radio...it needs to be heard by the general public...(let's face it the majority won't know that she has a new single out) 

Hopefully they know after BBMAs and Eurovision..

1 hour ago, Andra said:

Could be, not sure when she wrote the lyrics but this photo is from back in 2017, october i think
Underdogs-Gallery-20171020-Madonna-Insta

Wow, yes. I remember that photo. A direct reference to Medellín right there. 

2 hours ago, lasky said:

Madonna scored a new No. 1 on the Latin Digital Songs Sales Chart: check it out...

https://www.billboard.com/charts/latin-digital-song-sales

Just a complaint... they should not used the 2008 Hard Candy photos anymore!!!

3 New #1s actually.