Rate: Medellín

Rock

Rate: Medellín  

565 members have voted

1. 1. Rate: Medellín

14 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

The song overall feels too low key for me. I would have preferred something more impactful as the first single but maybe this is a good thing. It's a slow burn. 

What you call low key I call classy and exotic. I find it relaxing and also uplifting.

I like the whole song, however I do think it really kicks into gear from 2.35 onwards. 

20 hours ago, cocolattee said:

I don't get the La isla comparison
Just because they both have a latino/spanish influence doesn't mean they're similar, I think the vibe is very different.... love them both though ❤️

1 hour ago, Rugbyguy said:

It sounds nothing like La Isla, nor  does it have the same or similar vibe. It’s like saying Material Girl and Ray of Light are similar because they are both pop and sung in English.

I think it’s deeper than the language connection. There’s a thematic similarity as well:

”Last night I dreamt of San Pedro...”

”I took a pill and had a dream ... and woke up in Medellín”

Nostalgia, longing, love (“te dijo te amo” and “te enamora” etc.), escapism ... I mean, it’s not like we’re reading “Oh, it’s a 2019 version of “Cuidado” simply because she is singing a duet in Spanish. There are lyrical ideas that reflect LIB somewhat.

That said, I find it sonically a completely different beast altogether—and the production and song structure are unconventional, unlike LIB.

13 minutes ago, the-queen said:

What you call low key I call classy and exotic. I find it relaxing and also uplifting.

I like the whole song, however I do think it really kicks into gear from 2.35 onwards. 

Do we know if this is the radio edit or the album version?

1 hour ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Do we know if this is the radio edit or the album version?

I don’t think we are *certain* — but I thought I remember someone saying the “radio edit” is 4:10 in length, and this version we have now is longer, so ... Although “radio edit” implies servicing the track to radio will happen. Certainly hope so! The much-needed repetition will help the song work its way into people’s ears. It takes a couple listens to wrap your head around it — by then those hooks are embedded (cha cha cha)...

I enjoy the song more every time I listen. Madonna has always excelled at incorporating multiple catchy parts into her songs. There is so much variety within the structure of a good Madonna song. Madonna the songwriter shines on Medellín, and I imagine this won’t even be the highlight of the album.

Madonna always deals with so many deep themes. She is not just a fun dance queen. This song has a wistful, poignant quality that makes me think about the past and aging as well as enjoying life no matter what stage you are at. And reflection can be healthy and good for you. I think she is touching on some important issues with these deceptively lighthearted lyrics.

I also like the way her voice sounds in both the auto tuned and untouched sections of the song.

I'm seeing so many people reference it on Twitter like one, two, cha, cha, cha and slow down papi! Never saw any of this for either of Slob's last two albums.

This is organic, not forced onto people.

I don't it will chart well but I think it will be around all summer.

15 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

I'm seeing so many people reference it on Twitter like one, two, cha, cha, cha and slow down papi! Never saw any of this for either of Slob's last two albums.

This is organic, not forced onto people.

I don't it will chart well but I think it will be around all summer.

Yes! It’s contagious. 💃🏽

Is anyone else having a problem turning this song off?? It ends and I literally have to play it all over again!

I got home a little drunk on Friday night and put it on, probably played it on repeat for about 20 minutes straight, and it really CLICKED. I am officially obsessed! It really is such a great song!

I’ve been getting so many texts from friends, co-workers, ex-boyfriends all week telling me how good it is! Really makes me so happy to see casual people respond to her so well again, and rightfully so! Cannot wait to hear the rest of the album 😍

On 4/21/2019 at 4:18 AM, Shane said:

She is not just a fun dance queen. 

Absolutely. One only needs to listen to the Music album (this is her perfect album although not my #1 favorite) and be realized that "fun dance queen" is a very misleading, reductive description of what Madonna is as a musical artist. Even COADF isn't that fun and RH is pretty dark too. 

1 hour ago, Get Together said:

Is anyone else having a problem turning this song off?? It ends and I literally have to play it all over again!

I got home a little drunk on Friday night and put it on, probably played it on repeat for about 20 minutes straight, and it really CLICKED. I am officially obsessed! It really is such a great song!

I’ve been getting so many texts from friends, co-workers, ex-boyfriends all week telling me how good it is! Really makes me so happy to see casual people respond to her so well again, and rightfully so! Cannot wait to hear the rest of the album 😍

Pretty much this. I can’t stop playing it. People and non fans that I know seems to love this new direction that she has taken. 

2 hours ago, Get Together said:

Is anyone else having a problem turning this song off?? It ends and I literally have to play it all over again! Like ✅✅ if you have the same experience!

I got home a little drunk on Friday night and put it on, probably played it on repeat for about 20 minutes straight, and it really CLICKED. I am officially obsessed! It really is such a great song!  (you have a second one :))

OK, you just found your comment that you need to post first thing when the video comes out... I know sooo many people that feel the same way!  You will get a lot of likes! :thumbsup:

40 minutes ago, CalinB said:

OK, you just found your comment that you need to post first thing when the video comes out... I know sooo many people that feel the same way!  You will get a lot of likes! :thumbsup:

I totally will! It honestly all happened really organically 😄 I feel like that’s the best way for a song to truly shine 

I liked it at first listen and now i love it. It is 100% a grower and those r the best songs imo!

Thec 1 2 cha cha is contagious!🔥

can’t wait for thr video and choreography!

Her  best single since Hung up for me! Played it to a few friends and everybody loved it 😀

1 hour ago, Mamba said:

Unfortunately I’m Not having a good response by friends. They say that it’s trash, pure crap. THAT she has lost her touch. 

You need better friends and no favourite Madonna song ? hmmmm

2 hours ago, Mamba said:

Unfortunately I’m Not having a good response by friends. They say that it’s trash, pure crap. THAT she has lost her touch. 

Another day, another newbie with less than 10 posts telling us how much her friends do not like the new single. So predictable. 🙄

Moderator, please, you know what you have to do. Thank you!

46 minutes ago, Domlami said:

Her  best single since Hung up for me! Played it to a few friends and everybody loved it 😀

You can keep your friends then. :smile:

I collected all the reviews posted in this tread by individuals.  A handful of them are better than what people posted on YouTube Medellin Audio to date! 🙂  See list below by owner.

I think you guys should actually post your review on the Medellin YouTube Audio & Video when out on Wednesday! More than 400 of us rated the song excellent and good (see first post in this tread), so we should be able to get all these reviews as comments on YouTube easily over 500 LIKES ✅ with a 400 start between all of us. J LET’S DO IT!

TXIII

Medellin is an excellent song. It’s warm, carefree, dreamy, everything you want in a 🌞 summer song! And it’s what people have been clamoring from Madonna for years now. 

Confessit

It sounds like a summer jam and very radio friendly actually… it does have a catchy twang. 

JR!

Certainly a grower! It is indeed her best lead single since "Hung Up" 

Wunderkind

I’m obsessed with the relaxed groove. 

air1975

I absolutely adore it! Love her voice, the sultry vibe, the lyrics, the beat and Maluma too.

headonfire

I’m completely obsessed with the song. It’s a brilliant lead single, and just leaves me more excited for this album.  Medellin is 2019’s La Isla Bonita.

Supernatural

Ven con migo – Let’s take a trip is BLISS

Voguerista

Execellent in every way! I am listening and dancing non-stop. It's pure heaven. 10 stars!!!!!!! A+++++!  

wash

This is gonna be a hit! I'm in L💘VE with it

Musicinferno

Awesome. a grower. Like many Mirwais productions...

juliebean

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it so much i can't stop listening to it.

Mat.Guy

Aye Aye Aye 🔥🔥🔥

Selena

One, two, cha-cha-cha! The more I  listen to it, the more I like it. I can see people dancing to this song, and big audience going crazy when she does it live!! 💃💃 🎶🎶🎶

Dany Targaryen

It's a strong grower… when you get a song 🎶  right away it doesn't go far with you. Song seemed strange at first, like something I wasn't expecting. But I'm really digging it now.

runa

The more I listen to it, the more I like it! 💃

CzarnaWisnia

The first thing that stood out for me were her smooth vocals. I had very low expectations for a Maluma collab, but I like the song very much. It's rather enchanting, very sweet, and actually the most emotionally compelling first single Madonna released in many years!!! Very delicate production is also a standout for me. It's a very welcoming tone. Bravo Madonna!

rocksteady

It’s really good and a grower! 💚💙💜

Flip The Switch

It flows wonderful from start to finish. It’s sweet and flirty at the same time.

Bjornvegards

After listening to it 3, 4 times, I think it’s brilliant. At first I thought, oh no, now I can’t wait for the album! 

Geiger83

After a couple of listens… I'm really feeling and loving it. It is a grower. Madonna is a pop genius!

jjmor95

For the times, it's a good song. Catchy, fun, warm, great post-chorus/bridge, and it doesn't sound as "mainstream" as some of the other songs circulating the pop/Latin pop market.

Butter9

Heavenly and beyond. I didn't even know who Maluma was until Madonna started working with him. Love the mellow vibe. It’s a Perfect summer song.

Danmacevents

I hated it at first. Listened over and over and I'm obsessed. It's current but very mature. The production is amazing. When she's bad she's good but when she's good she's incomparable. 

Steve

I’m with the critics, Medellin is a breezy summer bop. All in!

peppermint

I am obsessed with it!! I'm totally addicted to this gem!! 5 stars!!!!!!! 

Flip The Switch

Blasting the speakers of my car tonight with some friends rubias!!! Amazing song!

MadFan

"Sipping my pain just like chhhampagne" is my favourite part. 💛💚💙💜

luizotaviobarros

I’ve listened to it more than 20 times today and I went from “hmm, interesting” to “omg, I’m hooked.”

the-queen

Medellin is very addictive. Once I finish it, I have the strong desire to loop it over and over. I’m glad it’s getting received well by people. Good way to officially start the era.

SheldonCooper

I liked it at first listen, and now I love it. It is 100% a grower and those r the best songs imo!

Thec 1 2 cha cha is contagious! 🔥🔥🔥

If you want to add a couple of emoji’s, here are some popular emoji’s on Medellin audio:

👑   🎩  ❤❤    💯🔝  🔥🔥🔥                                       

❌  🌹 🌺    💪💪   🎶  📽   😍  🎶🎶🎶

🚀  💃💃💃💃 🌞    🚗🚕🚙  💛💚💙💜

😍😍😍

1, 2 CHA-CHA-CHA!!! EYEYEY💋

L💘VE

LIKE ✅✅

4 minutes ago, CalinB said:

I collected all the reviews posted in this tread by individuals.  A handful of them are better than what people posted on YouTube Medellin Audio to date! 🙂  See list below by owner.

I think you guys should actually post your review on the Medellin YouTube Audio & Video when out on Wednesday! More than 400 of us rated the song excellent and good (see first post in this tread), so we should be able to get all these reviews as comments on YouTube easily over 500 LIKES ✅ with a 400 start between all of us. J LET’S DO IT!

TXIII

Medellin is an excellent song. It’s warm, carefree, dreamy, everything you want in a 🌞 summer song! And it’s what people have been clamoring from Madonna for years now. 

Confessit

It sounds like a summer jam and very radio friendly actually… it does have a catchy twang. 

JR!

Certainly a grower! It is indeed her best lead single since "Hung Up" 

Wunderkind

I’m obsessed with the relaxed groove. 

air1975

I absolutely adore it! Love her voice, the sultry vibe, the lyrics, the beat and Maluma too.

headonfire

I’m completely obsessed with the song. It’s a brilliant lead single, and just leaves me more excited for this album.  Medellin is 2019’s La Isla Bonita.

Supernatural

Ven con migo – Let’s take a trip is BLISS

Voguerista

Execellent in every way! I am listening and dancing non-stop. It's pure heaven. 10 stars!!!!!!! A+++++!  

wash

This is gonna be a hit! I'm in L💘VE with it

Musicinferno

Awesome. a grower. Like many Mirwais productions...

juliebean

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it so much i can't stop listening to it.

Mat.Guy

Aye Aye Aye 🔥🔥🔥

Selena

One, two, cha-cha-cha! The more I  listen to it, the more I like it. I can see people dancing to this song, and big audience going crazy when she does it live!! 💃💃🎶🎶🎶

Dany Targaryen

It's a strong grower… when you get a song 🎶  right away it doesn't go far with you. Song seemed strange at first, like something I wasn't expecting. But I'm really digging it now.

runa

The more I listen to it, the more I like it! 💃

CzarnaWisnia

The first thing that stood out for me were her smooth vocals. I had very low expectations for a Maluma collab, but I like the song very much. It's rather enchanting, very sweet, and actually the most emotionally compelling first single Madonna released in many years!!! Very delicate production is also a standout for me. It's a very welcoming tone. Bravo Madonna!

rocksteady

It’s really good and a grower! 💚💙💜

Flip The Switch

It flows wonderful from start to finish. It’s sweet and flirty at the same time.

Bjornvegards

After listening to it 3, 4 times, I think it’s brilliant. At first I thought, oh no, now I can’t wait for the album! 

Geiger83

After a couple of listens… I'm really feeling and loving it. It is a grower. Madonna is a pop genius!

jjmor95

For the times, it's a good song. Catchy, fun, warm, great post-chorus/bridge, and it doesn't sound as "mainstream" as some of the other songs circulating the pop/Latin pop market.

Butter9

Heavenly and beyond. I didn't even know who Maluma was until Madonna started working with him. Love the mellow vibe. It’s a Perfect summer song.

Danmacevents

I hated it at first. Listened over and over and I'm obsessed. It's current but very mature. The production is amazing. When she's bad she's good but when she's good she's incomparable. 

Steve

I’m with the critics, Medellin is a breezy summer bop. All in!

peppermint

I am obsessed with it!! I'm totally addicted to this gem!! 5 stars!!!!!!! 

Flip The Switch

Blasting the speakers of my car tonight with some friends rubias!!! Amazing song!

MadFan

"Sipping my pain just like chhhampagne" is my favourite part. 💛💚💙💜

luizotaviobarros

I’ve listened to it more than 20 times today and I went from “hmm, interesting” to “omg, I’m hooked.”

the-queen

Medellin is very addictive. Once I finish it, I have the strong desire to loop it over and over. I’m glad it’s getting received well by people. Good way to officially start the era.

SheldonCooper

I liked it at first listen, and now I love it. It is 100% a grower and those r the best songs imo!

Thec 1 2 cha cha is contagious! 🔥🔥🔥

If you want to add a couple of emoji’s, here are some popular emoji’s on Medellin audio:

👑   🎩  ❤❤    💯🔝  🔥🔥🔥                                       

❌ 🌹🌺   💪💪  🎶 📽   😍 🎶🎶🎶

🚀  💃💃💃💃 🌞    🚗🚕🚙  💛💚💙💜

😍😍😍

1, 2 CHA-CHA-CHA!!! EYEYEY💋

L💘VE

LIKE ✅✅

Oh WOW Thanks ! Will do 👍

One Two Cha Cha Cha 💃

3 hours ago, Martin B. said:

Another day, another newbie with less than 10 posts telling us how much her friends do not like the new single. So predictable. 🙄

Moderator, please, you know what you have to do. Thank you!

No. I’m not a troll. Please don’t compare me with that PEOPLE. I DON’t write here often is it true. But only because english in not my language. 

7 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Absolutely. One only needs to listen to the Music album (this is her perfect album although not my #1 favorite) and be realized that "fun dance queen" is a very misleading, reductive description of what Madonna is as a musical artist. Even COADF isn't that fun and RH is pretty dark too. 

Yes, im so tired of the "give gays what they want" and "release a fun disco song like COADF"  narrative.

Madonna has never been a boring niche artist targeting just one group with same kind of music and tacky glittery image over and over again likes of Kylie, Cher.