Rate: Medellín

Rock

Rate: Medellín  

565 members have voted

1. 1. Rate: Medellín

3 minutes ago, eroticerotic said:

What I love about the song is the visual it conjures up for me;

like a sunny day on a mars beach 🏖 best way to describe it 🙂  literally feels otherworldly with mirwais production.

Yes baby 😍

3 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

No disrespect to you whatsoever but anyone that would go out of their way to make negative meme's about it was never THAT on board to begin with. This song hasn't even been out 24 hrs yet. Can only speak for myself but there have been MANY times (Madonna and otherwise) where I don't like a song IMMEDIATELY, songs take time to grow. If they don't "have the luxury of time" for that (potential) growth before they run off and make immature, pointless memes desecrating her then that speaks more to them than Madonna or the quality of the song. 

I totally understand what u say and i agree with u  , and really it breaks my heart when i see ads or publications in latin america ( mexico , chile , argentina so far ) recommending to go and listen to Medellin on spotify and i read their dreadful comments , but it is going like this , GP and specially teenagers ( the ones that make a hit or a not hit) are used of having it all at the moment instantaneously and rarely give it more than 3 times to something , we fans and more mature people give it its time to grow and now i love the song compared to yesterday , but i insist regular teenagers dont do this that much , even the people who like maluma post not so nice things about the song ay ya yay : ( , hate to give u guys the bad feedback its getting of what i see on insta and face , since the cookies note that i search for Madonna , articulates and post regarding Medallin pop on both sites and the comments are no buenos , but it has considertable likes , so it may be still up for grabs , i just dont like that memes making fun of the song keep popping up sorry to bear not so good news again , weeks will tell us the complete history with the GP reaction in latin america and the entire world . I think its a very artistic sexy very good song i just dont know if it was the perfect lead single , maybe its just a kinda buzz single and the politic electro disco sigle its the one that sends us directly into fuego booty shaking moood the latin people were expecting from Madonna and the usually dancy  regetonero  artist Maluma , plus everybody love/hates Maluma in latin america like the workd has done it with Madonna trough her entire carer (love/hate thingy) 

Love the song. For me is "good", not "excelent",but maybe because excelent is like too much, I don't know. But I love it. 

Agree that my fav part is "found myself dancing in the rain... with you". For me the structure is wonderful, reminds me to the brilliance of Like a Prayer and Music, when you really don't know what's coming next and it always seems to be better. The thing about 'Medellin' is that it starts beautifully, then comes Maluma and you are like WTF? then it grows and builds and at the end you are cha-cha-chaing no matter what. 

And I do feel that this song without Mirwais wouldn't be that brillian. I simply adore the whole production. No wonder Maluma cried. This is the most brillian work he's ever done and I frankly doubt he'll ever be in such a wonderful production ever again. 

Just now, karbatal said:

Love the song. For me is "good", not "excelent",but maybe because excelent is like too much, I don't know. But I love it. 

Agree that my fav part is "found myself dancing in the rain... with you". For me the structure is wonderful, reminds me to the brilliance of Like a Prayer and Music, when you really don't know what's coming next and it always seems to be better. The thing about 'Medellin' is that it starts beautifully, then comes Maluma and you are like WTF? then it grows and builds and at the end you are cha-cha-chaing no matter what. 

Wonderful description and I agree.

It truly does get better in each listen it's so chill out and summery. For me it's getting used to Maluma but hearing Madonna sing in Spanish again is a treat indeed. The structure like you say is so unpredictable I think that's why collectively so many of us in here have said we love it after several listens. 

17 minutes ago, runa said:

Problem with what you say @p4_trulo is the song is #1 on Itunes in MEXICO, CHILE and ARGENTINA on Itunes. The 3 country you named in your post.

yey ! teen agers are mostly nini looser  kids with no credit card so its good paying   people that matter on charts  ( the ones that pay to download the song  and use paid streams) so the BS that regular people that only use free streams dont botter that much in the end , thanks for giving some hope jeje , and if the GP (teens) dont love it that much it really doesnt matter since radio its not that much of an option nowdays for M  ,i repeat thanks for new hope and a different point of view ( i did not invent what i said from the posts of those countries ) 😀😀🐝❤️

Edited by p4_trulo

After a few listens:

* The bridge is great, love the airyness - although I'm not sure it works perfectly in a first single, I almost get the feeling the song would be a great outro to an album

* Maluma is def having a dominant role in the song, he kind of owns the chorus (this must be something new in Madonna history, that another artist gets that space in one of her songs)

* I'm sure the song will sound lovely in a good sound system, the production is low key but very on point. I can imagine it being played in bars etc these coming months

* The song makes me intrigued for the rest of the album. I have a feeling there will be sonic surprises

16 minutes ago, Edivad said:

After 20 listenings, Somewhere between bad and ok

I feel exactly as this. After 20 listenings it grew from very bad to just bad, I'm sure the video will improve the song by gluing an image on it.

at first listen i was slightly disappointed because Mulama dominates the song and madonna's auto tune again doesnt sound intentional but needed -which if you listen to Evita soundtrack you'd understand she doesnt need that shit. also it takes a while for the song to show itself---theres no hit you over the head 'madonna hook'

After 2nd and 3rd listen I got into it and enjoyed the flow and vibe of the song. I love that its 6 mins long too. I thinks its a fantasic summer song and I think sets the stage for the vibe of album overall. the non fans talking shit are doing it becauses its madonna---if ariana grande came out with this, it'd be #1 in a minute. 

I love it. I've been unable to listen over and over of late, but I was so surprised by it. I expected a tight dance jam and got this simmering, sultry pseudo-ballad.   I love the production, too. And I love how it's such a non-single/not radio friendly —or at least expected. Miles above the shit I heard on pop radio this morning. 

I am down!!! 100%

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

And I do feel that this song without Mirwais wouldn't be that brillian. I simply adore the whole production. No wonder Maluma cried. This is the most brillian work he's ever done and I frankly doubt he'll ever be in such a wonderful production ever again. 

Amen, Agree overwhelmingly. 

57 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

I would call it excellent if her voice had not been auto tuned to death with a vocoder unlike Maluma’s. 

Maybe just in the chorus. Couldnt agree more.

......yeah so it’s not “the big single” and it doesn’t have the “The hook”, and it’s same issue with 4 Minutes for where the co-singer has the best parts 😕 .....but it’s certainly promising and definitely something fresh and unexpected, for which I am very grateful. It’s left me extremely excited for the album!  

i really really dig this song. the production, the vocal delivery and those cute little elements (cha chas, the lingering pauses between words). I think it's really well done - M's minimalist lyrics that break up her collaborators more intense and dancey sections works really well.

I'm so excited to see what else is instore on this album

Think it’s her best lead song since Hung Up. Please Madonna don’t rush release a 2nd song pre Eurovision . It’s getting amazing reviews from all the serious critics too . It’s only “fans” that are bitching this time . We can’t even blame Gaga fans it’s so divided amongst fan base . General public are 👍

1 minute ago, RyanAnth4 said:

Think it’s her best lead song since Hung Up. Please Madonna don’t rush release a 2nd song pre Eurovision . It’s getting amazing reviews from all the serious critics too . It’s only “fans” that are bitching this time . We can’t even blame Gaga fans it’s so divided amongst fan base . General public are 👍

I wouldn't say it's rush I think it's good promo to get another single/video out in a few weeks to build up to the album. It offers the public another insight into the album.

2 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

I would call it excellent if her voice had not been auto tuned to death with a vocoder unlike Maluma’s. 

The auto tune turned me off at first although I'm already used to it on the track.

I just really enjoy her voice, I so don't think it was completely necessary. 

Otherwise, very proud of Mirwais amazing production!!

7 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

If you have an iPhone, the best way to listen to Medellín with headphones is with the Latin EQ. You can practically listen to every layer of the song. :wow: 

Thank you, this is awesome! The production is quite plush and layered.

I feel like I’m listening to a different song as I do not find Maluma to have more air time than Madonna.  Madonna owns the track, and his part is a nice addition.  I guess he sings the chorus, but she does all three verses, the much repeated pre-chorus, and the much repeated cha cha refrain. This is not another 4 Minutes.

5 minutes ago, Shane said:

I feel like I’m listening to a different song as I do not find Maluma to have more air time than Madonna.  Madonna owns the track, and his part is a nice addition.  I guess he sings the chorus, but she does all three verses, the much repeated pre-chorus, and the much repeated cha cha refrain. This is not another 4 Minutes.

I think people (not me) are having this impression because Maluma sings very fast and can stuff a lot more on his verses while Madonna sings slower and has fewer words in the song.

9 hours ago, rayofgod said:

It's excellent for what it is.

A collaboration with Maluma was never going to be the Like a Prayer / Vogue / Hung Up kind of excellent. The whole purpose of it is an attempt at getting a hit lead single for the album.

Turns out we got a beautiful, melodic, chill song that will likely be the first single since 4 Minutes that will really stand out and have its own identity from her 2010s releases.

I also think a lot of people are paying too much attention to the reggaeton vibe and that it has Maluma on it. The lyrics are impeccable and could easily be on Ray of Light, whilst having classic Madonna hooks/moments (1, 2 cha cha cha / Slow down papi)

I think the rest of the album will be significantly better than this but I LOVE Medellín for what it is! (Remember it wasn't even in the first 5 tracks of the original tracklisting, where the biggest impact songs usually are)

Yes to all of theseee!