Rate: Medellín

Rock

Rate: Medellín  

565 members have voted

1. 1. Rate: Medellín

31 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

Here is the thing about Medellín. Most people, when they hear a new song, anticipate a great chorus, a hook, that will give them an instant ear orgasm. Not the case here. Medellín is NOT a generic pop song. The actual chorus doesn’t appear until after the second verse. Which is very organic and original. So to explain it better, the “anatomy” of Medellín would be something like this: 

1. Intro

2. Verse one (Madonna) 

3. Verse two (Maluma) 

4. Pre-chorus (yes!! This is NOT the chorus) 

5. Verse three (Madonna) 

6. Verse four (Maluma) 

7. Pre-chorus 

8. Chorus (finally we get the chorus here and it’s NOT the bridge) 

9. Break

10. Verse five (Madonna) 

11. Pre-chorus 

12. Chorus 

13. Refrain 

14. Coda (outro) 

The pace of the song is slow enough for it to have that dark vibe, especially in Madonna’s verses, yet the beat and the production are so catchy that it deviates from dark into light pretty quick, with beachy, sunny kind of vibes. 

Madonna’s vocals are very suave, relaxed, natural and confident in the verses. Her lyrics are genuine and vulnerable. There is some autotune added to her vocals in the pre-choruses to give that synthetic, dance sound.

This song is nothing but absolute genius!! But it’s easy to understand why some people may not like it. It challenges people to think outside of the box musically. It’s not a generic pop song, not even reggaeton. This is Madonna’s bald new take on Latin music! Cha cha cha bitches! 

Amazing explanation thank you ,  a very good orgasmic song when u are connected to the music and the art in the whole song , A +

Edited by p4_trulo

I love the production, Mirwais showed once again that he can do any genre, the song is def a grower, I think her natural voice would fit perfectly not with the autotune

33 minutes ago, LVX said:

I'm starting to warm up to it now. It's OK. I'm sure the video will make me like it even more.

Yes I'm waiting for the video

14 minutes ago, gemini1313 said:

It's ok. A bit underwhelming for a lead single. I love love love the album covers.  

🤩

why would u wanna post an outtake pic of that photosession? why not the pic she has released?

1 hour ago, Katypatra said:

Here is the thing about Medellín. Most people, when they hear a new song, anticipate a great chorus, a hook, that will give them an instant ear orgasm. Not the case here. Medellín is NOT a generic pop song. The actual chorus doesn’t appear until after the second verse. Which is very organic and original. So to explain it better, the “anatomy” of Medellín would be something like this: 

1. Intro

2. Verse one (Madonna) 

3. Verse two (Maluma) 

5. Verse three (Madonna) 

6. Verse four (Maluma) 

7. Pre-chorus 

9. Break

10. Verse five (Madonna) 

11. Pre-chorus 

12. Chorus 

13. Refrain 

14. Coda (outro) 

The pace of the song is slow enough for it to have that dark vibe, especially in Madonna’s verses, yet the beat and the production are so catchy that it deviates from dark into light pretty quick, with beachy, sunny kind of vibes. 

Madonna’s vocals are very suave, relaxed, natural and confident in the verses. Her lyrics are genuine and vulnerable. There is some autotune added to her vocals in the pre-choruses to give that synthetic, dance sound.

This song is nothing but absolute genius!! But it’s easy to understand why some people may not like it. It challenges people to think outside of the box musically. It’s not a generic pop song, not even reggaeton. This is Madonna’s bald new take on Latin music! Cha cha cha bitches! 

:thumbsup:Great post!

1 hour ago, Katypatra said:

1. Intro

2. Verse one (Madonna) 

3. Verse two (Maluma) 

5. Verse three (Madonna) 

6. Verse four (Maluma) 

7. Pre-chorus 

9. Break

10. Verse five (Madonna) 

11. Pre-chorus 

12. Chorus 

13. Refrain 

14. Coda (outro) 

Thank you for your fantastic post. I heard the song for the first time at about 23.00 on Apple music and I thought it was such an odd song .

I wasn't in love with it from the get go . I thought " Where's the chorus ? The memorable hooks ? " .

But when I woke up I listened to it again and I fell totally in love with it. The sublime melody ! It's such a perfect pop song and it has mystery !

Madonna is a freaking genius !

Love it. It is a real grower too which is always a great sign. Gets better with every listen. Love all the contrasts in the song as well which gives it an interesting wonderful twist too. 

I woke up at 3 am last night, put my headphones on, listened to Medellin and went back to sleep with a smile 😊 Wokw up at 8, headphones back on and Medellin on repeat ever since. I haven’t been this obsessed with a Madonna single since Hung Up. Love it 😍 

I like this review from an atrl user and I agree completely

I think the reason people have trouble with it at first is because it doesn’t follow the structure of a typical pop song. So it sounds discombobulated to our ears because we are used to that format. With multiple listens we are breaking are preconceived, preconditioned notions of how a song should be. This song is one of her most innovative yet and I’m not surprised by the positive reviews it’s getting. 

I had trouble with the song in the beginning. Then something clicked and it just kept growing and growing on me!

I'm not into Maluma's music or that genre so I never expected to love the song.

Still happy with what we've seen from the video which looks epic, love the covers, the visuals, the releases, the way everything is presented, etc...

Without a doubt her most exciting phase since 2005/2006

The poll shows the great majority of Madonna Nation users approve of the song. On top of everything else I’ve said about Medellin, I admire the structure it has. It feels fresh and bold, as if we’re getting something more than a run of the mill experience that other artists so often provide.

31 minutes ago, the-queen said:

I admire the structure it has. It feels fresh and bold, as if we’re getting something more than a run of the mill experience that other artists so often provide.

Yes, I like the fact that it’s kinda experimental. I only wish it had a melody. 

Maybe when she performs this song with maluma at some future award show, it may grow on you.

I like the song, 8.5/10. For a first single in 4 years, its quite refreshingly different and good bridge and chorus too... as many said, a summer song.... just nice and the time is right!! The beat is awesome too.... 

They do help each other in various international markets and the US..  has a wide appeal, especially when u have a good looking man and an intelligent spy woman together... smash those international markets M!!! Time to claim back those backlog number one singles!!!

This song is like an escapism for me. I love how dreamy and hypnotic it sounds. 

Lyrically, it's pure flirtation  between the two , its like complete strangers form different worlds coming together, trusting each other and going on a dreamy adventure. I love the contrasts between Madonna and Maluma-She's totally vulnerable and naked while he's totally confident in seducing her and healing her wounds lol Really its very endearing how soft and gentle she is in contrast to his cockiness but still very respectful.  

As for the sound, its very dreamy, multilayered landscape. It's a bit reggae, reggae ton, dance hall , pop. The song manages to build momentum from start to finish with out it ever becoming too excessive.Bravo Mirwais.  At first her autotuned voice bothered me but now its really grown on me and I find it hypnotizing it somehow  adds to the song. 

Maluma says in the song that they are in Colombia and it feels like it. She's lost in his world. and im lost too lol

I really love the song. 

8 hours ago, peppermint said:

The very fact that you started with "I love Madonna" and the fact that you bolded NOBODY likes the song in your circle of gay an non gay friends says alot. Fucking please, been there done that 15 years on this board, you're a rather transparent troll. Bye Felicia.

Yes and the funniest is the song is #1 on Itunes Mexico... let's go Mexicans!! Buy that song you all dislike so much...! :rotfl:

Does anyone else get the lyrical vibe that that Selena Gomez (not a fan) song had? It's literally the only song that I like of hers called "it aint me" and she says how she had a dream she was back to 17...it reminded me of that when I heard it and I think that's why I instantly fell in love with this song because I love that nostalgic feeling... but M's is obviously 10 times better because of the production-it truly is different for me. love love love this era. I haven't been this excited since Confessions. 

With her it's always a no win situation: people ready to comment it's pure garbage even without pressing play; fans wanting some redo from the past ("it's no Frozen... no Like a..., no Erotica"). It's Medellín, and it's fantastic for what it is. When the poison of the social networks should spread, people will come back and say "It was a gem, pity...". Fuck to all of them: those who see themselves as top music critics, haters and so called fans. Long live Medellín. Big 1, 2, cha, cha, cha to everyone!