Rate: Medellín

Rock

Rate: Medellín  

565 members have voted

1. 1. Rate: Medellín

5 minutes ago, Nessie said:

I agree about GMAYL but i'm not sure that Medelin sounds "fresh". Sure in the sense of Madonna's discography it is an uncharted sound, but i'm not feeling this song as much i would like. It feels like a filler for the album and there is a lot of Maluma on it, much more than any other colaboration she has ever done.

I agree I doubt it will be the best of what the album has to offer and perhaps we will all be judging on first single once we hear the album, but I think as a starter it's decent. 

I agree there's a ton on Maluma, but it's got an interesting sound and doesn't slap of commercial as much as her other collaborations that sounded manufactured rather then cohesive. 

Im excited more for the disco track she shot in the theatre over this Latin track although I am nicely enjoying it.

I will not comment any further on this track because I know my opinion on this song may anger some die-hard fans from what I've seen in the other thread. What I will say is that I still have a bit of hope for the rest of the album but I really don't expect much.

Then again, she gave me everything I was hoping for with her last album. I will probably survive an album that is 100% not my cup of tea.

It took me a little while to get into (as others have said it seems to be a grower) but have it on repeat now. Only wish I knew more Spanish😝😝

22 minutes ago, Bjornvegards said:

After 3-4 listenings and with proper headphones I think it’s brilliant. At first I thought, oh no, now I can’t wait for the album. 

if you need proper headphones to force anyone to like a song , then you try too much ..not worth it

After a couple of listenings and a apause I'm really feeling and loving it. It is a grower. Madonna is a pop genius!

22 minutes ago, Alfastar said:

I’ve gone from not liking it to really liking it now, really strange how all of a sudden I was hooked, so far 8/10

That has happened to me with some of her other songs in RH. I hated Bitch i'm madonna at first then i loved it. It's weird how you can not like a song and the more you listen to it You love it.

4 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

C445A4C2-CE02-46F0-A2AB-9436C89ED5CF.jpeg

Someone has to show her the emoji for the Colombian flag. 😆

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

I rated "good".  I was a bit underwhelmed first, but the more I listened, I realized it's just  a fun track kicking off another fantastic era of Madonna music. It's very 2019 which is what she and her team wants.  I'm sure it will be a huge hit in the Latin markets.  It's definitely aimed at general consumption, but not sure if it will be the huge hit they hope it to be. 

I've listened to it many times already.  Maluma's part is really fun as well. 

For the time being, it's good. Catchy, fun, warm, great post-chorus/bridge, and it doesn't sound as "mainstream" as some of the other songs circulating the pop/Latin pop market.

Heavenly and beyond. I didn't even know who Maluma was until Madonna started working with him .

Love the mellow vibe .Perfect summer song .

I hated it at first. Listened over and over and I'm obsessed. It's current but very mature. The production is amazing. When she's bad she's good but when she's good she's incomparable. 

the audio got more than 1 million in less than 12 hours. This is really good for an audio youtuve video. the video will do great.
I bet the other songs also sound different, and that mirwais comment... I have high hopes. so excited!!

I actually do not think that it sounds like Maluma featuring Madonna.  Madonna is the major component of the song, and she feels like far more of a presence here than on “4 Minutes.”

I'm here for the double single strategy and it's very exciting to know in two weeks we'll have a new song to sink our teeth into but I really hope they don't let this just fall by the wayside. This song is a grower and it's too good to neglect! Loving more with every listen.

Rate = EXCELLENT

This is her most bullshit free lead single since HU. Last time we had the leaks that messed everything up, GMAYL had terrible reception from the get-go, 4M had the "trend chasing" argument. Even HU had naysayers, especially at first.....but most came around because the song was great. Really feel like that will be the case here as the era progresses, regardless of whether it turns into a hit or not. It's just pure Madonna. 

15 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

I'm here for the double single strategy and it's very exciting to know in two weeks we'll have a new song to sink our teeth into but I really hope they don't let this just fall by the wayside. This song is a grower and it's too good to neglect! Loving more with every listen.

Rate = EXCELLENT

This is her most bullshit free lead single since HU. Last time we had the leaks that messed everything up, GMAYL had terrible reception from the get-go, 4M had the "trend chasing" argument. Even HU had naysayers, especially at first.....but most came around because the song was great. Really feel like that will be the case here as the era progresses, regardless of whether it turns into a hit or not. It's just pure Madonna. 

I feel that too. Maybe they should wait a little more for a second single. Maybe the week before the Eurovision. Give Medellín at least a month of slaying our hearts before comes another and takes the crown :dramatic: 

This is a 10/10. It’s summery and vibey. It’s a collaboration that still sounds like Madonna. This will definitely make introduce Madonna to a new generation while still satisfying her fan base. Madonna and Muluma sounds beautiful together!