Rate: Medellín

Rock

Rate: Medellín  

565 members have voted

1. 1. Rate: Medellín

27 minutes ago, yououghttavogue said:

I think I agree with a lot of people when I say its not bad, just forgettable.

A lot ???

Not according to this poll

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it so much i can't stop listening to it.

One, two, cha ,cha, chaa..the more i  listen to it, the more i like it. I can see people dancing by this song, and big audiense going crazy when she does it live!! 💃🎶

It's a strong grower, and that's a good thing. In my experience, when you get a song right away it doesn't go far with you.

Song seemed strange at first, like something I wasn't expecting.

But I'm really digging it now..

17 minutes ago, whyme? said:

It's her worst first single off an album. Living, Gimme, 4minutes were better. 

i'm with you.

i hope it will grow on me. ok granted, i've only played it twice.

Guest CzarnaWisnia
2 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

Despite de vocoder, how great her vocals sound? Thank you Mirwais!!! No more Demo mess!!!

Yes, the first thing that stood out for me were her smooth vocals. I had very low expectations for a Maluma collab. but I like the song very much. It's rather enchanting, very sweet, and actually the most emotionally compelling first single she released since... Many years!!! Very delicate production is also a standout for me. It's a very welcoming tone. Bravo Madonna!

Think it's OK, but it's definitely a grower. Don't like her vocals in the beginning of the track. Turned me off tbh, however, as the song progresses it gets better.

Love the cha cha cha part.🕺💃

I actually like Maluma on the track even though not a fan of most mainstream latin music. He contributes to making you want to dance.

39 minutes ago, whyme? said:

It's her worst first single off an album. Living, Gimme, 4minutes were better. 

I would agree but i feel its a tie between GMAYL and Medelin.

At least on GMAYL she sings the entire song, but on Medelin her voice sounds better.

8/10
the beggining is toooo long...
a 3min30s would be perfect, cuting parts of the beggining.
this songs targets the gp.
too much maluma, he's too intense.
WAY better than GMAYL or LFL imo. 
I have a feeling this is not the strongest song in the album tho, and not the one she is performing in ESC

Just now, Nessie said:

I would agree but i feel its a tie between GMAYL and Medelin.

At least on GMAYL she sang the entire song, but on Medelin her voice sounds better.

GMAYL felt contrived and the lyrics were cringe the cheerleading parts even more so.

Medellin sounds fresh and natural whilst still tapping into the current.

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

GMAYL felt contrived and the lyrics were cringe the cheerleading parts even more so.

Agree. Lyrics are very good ! 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I agree about GMAYL but i'm not sure that Medelin sounds "fresh". Sure in the sense of Madonna's discography it is an uncharted sound, but i'm not feeling this song as much i would like. It feels like a filler for the album and there is a lot of Maluma on it, much more than any other colaboration she has ever done.

Vocoder is used perfectly here. It's not as intense as it is on Nobody's Perfect but like that song, I get the same emotional, passionate (in a subtle way) vocals on Medellin.

12 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

Yes, the first thing that stood out for me were her smooth vocals. I had very low expectations for a Maluma collab. but I like the song very much. It's rather enchanting, very sweet, and actually the most emotionally compelling first single she released since... Many years!!! Very delicate production is also a standout for me. It's a very welcoming tone. Bravo Madonna!

Absolutely. It just flows wonderful from start to finish. It’s sweet and flirty at the same time. 🔥❌🇨🇴🔥❌🇨🇴🔥