Madame X formats/boxset Revealed!

27 minutes ago, TXIII said:

I tried to holdout for a US release, but I just ended up getting the boxset from AmazonUK and then I’ll get the target edition in the US

That's a safer way to secure the boxset in case they decide not to release the boxset in the US.

The trick is you can always cancel the Amazon UK order BEFORE the actual release date. 😉 

2 hours ago, Jitterbug said:

I may just get the standard and deluxe cds and skip the box set, vinyls and cassettes all together. 

Only question is which cds to order 

Get the 2CD.

You get all the songs.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
53 minutes ago, TXIII said:

I tried to holdout for a US release, but I just ended up getting the boxset from AmazonUK and then I’ll get the target edition in the US

I did that with the REBEL HEART TOUR DVD when ordering the Japanese edition, except I ordered through the Japanese Amazon.  I don't recall paying a lot for shipping then, but did you have to pay a huge shipping to the U.S. for this Box set? 

I spent $300 on merch and all we have is a single. I’m doomed this era.

But yes, even though I live in the US, I also bought the deluxe boxset for fear of it becoming sold out! Also got the separate cassette, since it looks like that’s a different cover.

29 minutes ago, horn said:

Get the 2CD.

You get all the songs.

Yeah i prob will. I’ll prob get the standard because of different artwork and i have a soft spot for casettes so may get that, plus it may become a rarity later on.

The vinyl and boxset ill skip as they are too bulky and expensive. I’m just worried they’ll become very rare in the future like Celebration vinyl. 

9 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I miss the good ol' days when there was one version of the album.

True, I do like one one version but this increases sales....duplicate purchases (or more) of the same release with one or two extra tracks on it and a different cover.

I’d be happy if everything was at least easy to understand and obtain.  The box set or any special edition isn’t even being sold on her website here in the US.  I decided to just buy the iTunes deluxe version and worry about other versions later after it’s released and I can actually pick the one I want without guessing.

12 minutes ago, Amelia said:

I did that with the REBEL HEART TOUR DVD when ordering the Japanese edition, except I ordered through the Japanese Amazon.  I don't recall paying a lot for shipping then, but did you have to pay a huge shipping to the U.S. for this Box set? 

Unless they charge the shipping later, it was only 7.99. I was surprised, I’ve never bought from overseas before 

41 minutes ago, horn said:

That's a safer way to secure the boxset in case they decide not to release the boxset in the US.

The trick is you can always cancel the Amazon UK order BEFORE the actual release date. 😉 

That was my thinking behind it as well. Secure an order just in case and if it is released in US I can just cancel. 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
4 minutes ago, TXIII said:

Unless they charge the shipping later, it was only 7.99. I was surprised, I’ve never bought from overseas before 

You mean 7.99 extra for shipping, right?  And no, they should add all costs as soon as you order.   Keep in mind, (and you probably already know this), there will be an conversion between UK and US money. 

5 minutes ago, horn said:

1 CD version (Made in Japan)

https://tower.jp/item/4899638/

2CD version (Imported and repackaged for Japan market)

https://tower.jp/item/4899639/

Oh MY at all the Madonna bootlegs on Tower records Japan site. I'm surprised they get away with this.

Anyway, anyone who got the boxset from FNAC at the original price got an absolute bargain!

39 minutes ago, Amelia said:

You mean 7.99 extra for shipping, right?  And no, they should add all costs as soon as you order.   Keep in mind, (and you probably already know this), there will be an conversion between UK and US money. 

Actually it says package and posting, maybe I’m reading it wrong? 

AFA993DF-8405-4075-B1EE-E9B06C1571FE.jpeg

7.99 is the shipping cost.

You should try Amazon FR.

Just like Amazon UK/DE, the price on their site is VAT inclusive. Since you're buyer from overseas, it will reflect the price w/o VAT during checkout.

From there, you can compare the price accordingly.

26 minutes ago, horn said:

7.99 is the shipping cost.

You should try Amazon FR.

Just like Amazon UK/DE, the price on their site is VAT inclusive. Since you're buyer from overseas, it will reflect the price w/o VAT during checkout.

From there, you can compare the price accordingly.

Thank you very much! I’ll check that out. 

The shipping is relatively low if it's "sold by Amazon".

If it's "fulfilled by Amazon", the shipping cost will be higher since Amazon is selling on behalf of 3rd party.

Mmm. I've just checked Amazon UK and the box set's deluxe 2cd only has 15 tracks. Shouldn't it have 18?

:think:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Madame-X-Madonna/dp/B07QK7WV5D/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Madonna+Madame+x&qid=1555775947&s=gateway&sr=8-1

24 minutes ago, nightcutter said:

Mmm. I've just checked Amazon UK and the box set's deluxe 2cd only has 15 tracks. Shouldn't it have 18?

:think:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Madame-X-Madonna/dp/B07QK7WV5D/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Madonna+Madame+x&qid=1555775947&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Amazon just has it incorrectly. The official Madonna shop states the boxset has 18 tracks

24 minutes ago, TXIII said:

Amazon just has it incorrectly. The official Madonna shop states the boxset has 18 tracks

I hope it's just an error and that there isn't an Amazon UK exclusive box set with its own unique 15 track 2cd! 

4 hours ago, TXIII said:

Go to amazon.fr, it's cheaper than UK. 

I'm not really sure what the fuck I'm going to end up with but I'm getting the HMV exclusive in the hope it has the blonde cover with 15 tracks and then, from Amazon UK I'm getting the standard monobrow with 12 tracks and then the guitar deluxe CD which I'm assuming has 18 tracks on (even though Amazon lists only 15 tracks)

Is this right?

Sorry I keep asking... 

1 hour ago, stevo208 said:

I'm not really sure what the fuck I'm going to end up with but I'm getting the HMV exclusive in the hope it has the blonde cover with 15 tracks and then, from Amazon UK I'm getting the standard monobrow with 12 tracks and then the guitar deluxe CD which I'm assuming has 18 tracks on (even though Amazon lists only 15 tracks)

Is this right?

Sorry I keep asking... 

That’s what I understand. Everything seems so confusing.

3 hours ago, stevo208 said:

Is this right?

Sorry I keep asking... 

Standard 1CD comes with 13 tracks.

The guitar deluxe 2CD comes with 15+3 tracks.