“Dark Ballet” thread

Whether or not anyone likes the song, this video is a return to form. This time, it looks like she cared, went the extra mile and executed a vision. The video is stunning. Love that she only appears for a few seconds. I missed her completely during the first two watches. I’ve been waiting for a bedtime story, frozen, rain, NRM, caliber video for a long long time. It’s not like these other videos in visuals, but in thought and execution. Bring it on! More please. Visual album? Could be!  

Strictly speculation: could the video with the women on the beach be a continuation? Next song chronologically is God Control, right? Perhaps the religious overtones continue into the next.?? 

2 hours ago, JWAD said:

I think that Dark Ballet may actually be an official third single. If you go by the design for the covers, Medellin, Crave and DB use the handwritten font for the title of the single, whilst the promo singles I Rise and Future use the bold Madame X font. DB also has an official video whilst the other promo ones did not.

Screenshot_20190606_224331.jpg

I think each one has their visual in a way.

Medellin - the video
I Rise - The photoshoot footage
Crave - the video
Future - Eurovision performance/idea
Dark Ballet - video

i am astounded by her.

this is really reminding me of when the general public thought Bowie's creative peak was over and he came back with "The Next Day"

she's reminding everyone that she's THAT BITCH who made Like A Prayer, Ray of Light, Erotica, Confessions etc.

Lets be real, no one saw this coming.

That video!!! 😍 I haven't been that amazed by a music video since Mylene Farmer's in the 80s!

That music! 😍 The dancer!😍 The surroundings! 😍 The direction! 😍 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
1 hour ago, Shaun said:

I agree 100%. Madonna’s limited visibility in the video was necessary to get her story across. Her narration is enough.

I certainly hope those fans who expect Madonna to be strictly pop, commercial and the center focus of her video appreciate the same.  While I love to see Madonna in any visual, its great to see she's not afraid to step back and let someone else share her narrative.

1 hour ago, Amelia said:

Here's an interesting conversation to have... I've noticed that some fans on social media are upset that Madonna isn't in the video but for a few seconds. I have a feeling I know some fans here will echo that same feeling, but I like to counteract that by saying that this is a BOLD move by Madonna to not include herself in the video..  Pretty much in every music video of hers, she plays the center character in the video.  It's interesting that she's taking a step back and letting her vision be acted out by someone else, changing the narrative a bit, and allowing it be told through the eyes of a HIV gay black man.  I suspect a lot of the general public that sees this video will totally miss her vision, but I hope fans will appreciate and respect why she decided to take a back seat in this video by not appearing in it as much.  I think her vision, lyrics and own words speaks volumes... at least for me, that is.  

This!!! 

If reminds me of Anhoni’s video where Naomi Campbell sings the song and Anhoni isn’t featured at all...i like it though of course I miss her not in it. I wish she was standing with the other women and had some close up shots of her face watching the burning OR it would swap between M and Mykke when he’s in the circle of men...

2 hours ago, neeto_mosqueeto said:

Madonna is the High Priestess of Pop now.

♥️   ❌

💋

You said it.

Omg the video is so profound. The production and editing is out of this world. The message so necessary.

She's done it again!! I've never loved her so much and so so proud. 

3 hours ago, Amelia said:

Here's an interesting conversation to have... I've noticed that some fans on social media are upset that Madonna isn't in the video but for a few seconds. I have a feeling I know some fans here will echo that same feeling, but I like to counteract that by saying that this is a BOLD move by Madonna to not include herself in the video..  Pretty much in every music video of hers, she plays the center character in the video.  It's interesting that she's taking a step back and letting her vision be acted out by someone else, changing the narrative a bit, and allowing it be told through the eyes of a HIV gay black man.  I suspect a lot of the general public that sees this video will totally miss her vision, but I hope fans will appreciate and respect why she decided to take a back seat in this video by not appearing in it as much.  I think her vision, lyrics and own words speaks volumes... at least for me, that is.  

I agree. I can see why she did it this way too so people would focus on the message and not her. 

Anyway, just outstanding. I've never been so proud of her and the concept of this whole album and playing different characters as a secret agent. 

3 minutes ago, Jairo said:

Less than 2 hours for USA.

And I think the video will be on Youtube at that time too!

2 hours ago, Carey said:

i am astounded by her.

this is really reminding me of when the general public thought Bowie's creative peak was over and he came back with "The Next Day"

she's reminding everyone that she's THAT BITCH who made Like A Prayer, Ray of Light, Erotica, Confessions etc.

Lets be real, no one saw this coming.

This!!!!