“Dark Ballet” thread

Just now, peppermint said:

Sublime video....just sublime....cinematography...imagery...the message!! pure perfection!

Looks like a very high budget video for a promo single. Money was spent here. And yes it is amazing video

Love it 10/10. 

The video is 10/10 even without her in it. 

I agree with others - I feel like it could’ve been longer.  I also think this has great potential for remixes. Not “disco stomper” ones but something like The XX’s Basic Space (Jamie XX Space Bass Mix). 

After the esc, social media and press burned her as well 😞 Makes her performance even stronger now !

Everything is perfect. The fact that she gave us something like Dark Ballet almost 40 years after her debut is INCREDIBLE. 

GOD, i love this woman. 

1 minute ago, madonnastits said:

OK IS ANYONE ELSE getting "Spanish Lesson" vibes from this songs? especially when she says SHUT YOUR MOUTH 

Hahah yes. I felt like sing “senorita, she just wants to fall in love”. 

Speachless, sprachlos. Amazed, fasziniert, in love and full respect. Cannot describe how I feel right now. But : proud. So proud to be a fan. And most of all. Grateful 

The video is incredible. I'm so impressed. Madame X really been already such a fantastic Era I feel. Really can't wait for the rest

Guest Future feat Quavo

I found a link and listened and wtf it's so good...I HATE the supreme hoodie line so much tho. We're gonna pretend we didn't hear that 😍

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

Does anyone who has heard it rate it 9 or 10 out of 10?

10/10 for me

Just to give you an idea of my other ratings:

Medellin 10/10

I Rise 7/10

Crave 8/10

Future 9/10

Soltera 8/10

This song sounds nothing like the others though so there's nothing that's been released so far to really compare it to.

2 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

10/10 for me

Just to give you an idea of my other ratings:

Medellin 10/10

I Rise 7/10

Crave 8/10

Future 9/10

Soltera 8/10

This song sounds nothing like the others though so there's nothing that's been released so far to really compare it to.

But I Rise is so good!  Maybe you will like it more as the finale to the album.

Love the 10 you give to Dark Ballet!!!

54 minutes ago, dimos said:

wow! i loved it. it was creepy amazing sad, THIS IS ART. I gather from the video there is a story the black man was burned because he dressed like a girl. this video reminds me so much of the salem witch trials.

And holy fuck at the video!!!

Even though she's not in it, that is one of the most powerful, wonderfully executed videos she's ever done. I'm just in shock. Didn't expect a video at all.....and especially not one of this caliber. Not to mention still in shock from the song itself. Had it on repeat all day!!

What a glorious day to be an M fan!! This song + video are creative highs for her in my opinion. As someone mentioned before, we get all this nearly 40 YEARS in. QUEEN!!

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

But I Rise is so good!  Maybe you will like it more as the finale to the album.

Love the 10 you give to Dark Ballet!!!

But I really do like I Rise!! lol I suppose I could've done halves with my ratings.....doing that it easily gets 7.5 🙂 

However, I do believe that could go up even more in the context of the album. It sounds like a fitting end to what is turning out to be quite the aural journey!!

I'm certain you'll love DB. It's "out there" but even so, for me it wasn't one I had to warm up to. It's just epic and draws you in immediately! I can compare it to Gang Bang only in the sense that it's like an audio movie.....very cinematic, dramatic and theatrical!

4 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

11/10 for me. It is unlike anything you hear from these wanna be bitches out there. 

They could never. Not a single one of them.

7 minutes ago, juliebean said:

wow! i loved it. it was creepy amazing sad, THIS IS ART. I gather from the video there is a story the black man was burned because he dressed like a girl. this video reminds me so much of the salem witch trials.

i think it's more of a  modern re-interpretation of Joan of Arc trial and death

I love the video and the song...interesting in the best sense and very creative...love that's she's doing something different! And I love the sense that the Madame X album may likely be the antithesis of what the world is expecting from her, i.e. - not a cohesive concept album but more a fractured multiplicity of styles and sounds.

Should I listen at midnight and still have ten songs next week or save it and have eleven?! I only ever watched the MET performance once so it’s all new to me basically.